Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably more likely than a mosquito representing 'Alexander the Great'.

He died of malaria in Babylon...

It doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Great, The Clansman? Well, that's a bummer. I know a lot of people really like that song, but I just find it boring.

Well, I went through the LOTB game twitter feed and here is what they released since February this year with songs that could be played live with that artwork:

Gunner Canoneer - Obviously Trooper
Warlord - Trooper again
Lilith - (Original inspiration from Lord Of Light, but I think this is the art for FOI) Flight Of Icarus
Iron Eddie - (SSOASS tour programme) Stranger In A Strange Land (It's a frozen Eddie with a guitar and we all know that SIASL has one of the best guitar solos H ever recorded)
Piece Of Mind Eddie - (POM album) WED or Revelations or Sun And Steel (they cited the lyrics when it was released)
Warrior Allied Solider - (AMLOAD album) FTGGOG
The Beast - Obviously TNOTB
Alexander - Obviously Alexander The Great
Clansman - Obviously Clansman

So, if they are creating characters according to what the band is gonna play on the tour (I presume there will be some animations/artwork with those characters incorporated into the show) and plan to incorporate live recordings at later stages, the songs that are highly likely to be played are:

Trooper (Like we didn't know that before)
Flight Of Icarus
Stranger In A Strange Land
Where Eagles Dare
or Revelations or Sun And Steel
For The Greater Good Of God
The Number Of The Beast
(Like we didn't know that before)
Alexander The Great
The Clansman

Add the mandatory IM, FOTD, RTTH, Hallowed, 2MTM, TETMD, BNW or Wicker Man and another song and you have a pretty killer set.

FOI, WED/SAS, FTGGOG, ATG, SIASL and Clansman... I really hope that my theory holds.

Trooper (Like we didn't know that before)
Flight Of Icarus
Stranger In A Strange Land
Where Eagles Dare
or Revelations or Sun And Steel
For The Greater Good Of God
The Number Of The Beast
(Like we didn't know that before)
Alexander The Great
The Clansman

Add the mandatory IM, FOTD, RTTH, Hallowed, 2MTM, TETMD, BNW or Wicker Man and another song and you have a pretty killer set.

FOI, WED/SAS, FTGGOG, ATG, SIASL and Clansman... I really hope that my theory holds.
sounds like the dream setlist. :shred:

FTGGOG is 9:30, Clansman is 9, and ATG is 8:30 minutes. That's half an hour just for three songs. Considering how short their shows have become on the last few tours I consider this highly unlikely.

FTGGOG is 9:30, Clansman is 9, and ATG is 8:30 minutes. That's half an hour just for three songs. Considering how short their shows have become on the last few tours I consider this highly unlikely.
Well, TRATB is 13 minutes+, TBOS is 10 minutes+, Powerslave is 7 minutes+

Problem? I don't think so. Especially if it's a 15 song set. Bruce even said that there will be almost no talking to the audience during this show.

Also look at the shorter songs. You have RTTH, 2MTM, FOI, Wicker Man and possibly SAS which are remarkably shorter than anything in TBOS set (except Wrathchild, but we won't talk about that one).

Short? Maiden always does a show that lasts almost 2 hours. If they do those 3 songs and then all songs that are 7 minutes or less, they could easily pull it off. Hell, let's say they did 30 minutes for those 3 songs and then nothing but 7 minute songs after that. They could fit in another 12 songs. But since they have quite a few songs that are under 7 minutes, it wouldn't be a problem at all.

You forgot Wrathchild.
I said that I won't talk about it in my post.

(Strangely enough, if bass is not mixed decently in Tallin, I might mistake SIASL for Wrathchild in the beginning, because they both begin with bass and drums and are in e, and I will start cursing.)

Time flies when you are having fun! Their shows have been between 100 and 110 minutes since 1999, with the shorter sets in 1999, 2005, and 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back