Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
sadly i think this will just be a standard 80s fare setlist with Icarus as the suprise. with 1 or 2 post 90s songs. (FTGGOG,Wicker Man etc..)

sadly i think this will just be a standard 80s fare setlist with Icarus as the suprise. with 1 or 2 post 90s songs. (FTGGOG,Wicker Man etc..)

That would be really, really disappointing, because at the stage of their career, if they decided to do another 80's tour instead of a new album, they better actually play different songs. It is not going to hurt, is it?!

Flight of Icarus
Where Eagles Dare
Stranger In a Strange Land
For The Greater Good of God
The Clansman
Alexander The Great

If they add these songs to the setlist, the rest of the setlist could be "more of the same", and I am pretty sure that everyone would be hyped and 100% satisfied.

That would be really, really disappointing, because at the stage of their career, if they decided to do another 80's tour instead of a new album, they better actually play different songs. It is not going to hurt, is it?!

Flight of Icarus
Where Eagles Dare
Stranger In a Strange Land
For The Greater Good of God
The Clansman
Alexander The Great

If they add these songs to the setlist, the rest of the setlist could be "more of the same", and I am pretty sure that everyone would be hyped and 100% satisfied.
Icarus and FTGGOG are gonna be there 100% imo, Clansman probably too. WED and SIASL are possible, but I wouldn't go to the concert expecting any of them. Alex, while not impossible as it once seemed, is still pretty unlikely.

Icarus would be cool, but Bruce will probably sound terrible on it so no. Gosh, I sound like a broken record at this point but any dream song that a lot of people want is probably not gonna happen or if it does happen, Bruce will probably ruin it.

Alex, while not impossible as it once seemed, is still pretty unlikely.
It is still impossible.
This will never happen
I can't imagine 100% of Iron Maiden fans ever being satisfied with a setlist.
Icarus would be cool, but Bruce will probably sound terrible on it so no. Gosh, I sound like a broken record at this point but any dream song that a lot of people want is probably not gonna happen or if it does happen, Bruce will probably ruin it.
You really hate Bruce don't you?

Outside of the "In the name of God my father I'll fly" and "Now his wings turns to ashes to ashes his grave" bits I don't think it would be that bad. Where Eagles Dare though, can't see him doing great on that one, at least it would probably be the opener.

You really hate Bruce don't you?
No, I don't. I just don't think he's been very good lately. Sure, he was good on the 2016 tour but I listened to a bunch of live recordings from the 2017 tour, plus the Live Chapter and I really wasn't very impressed by his performances.

No, I don't. I just don't think he's been very good lately. Sure, he was good on the 2016 tour but I listened to a bunch of live recordings from the 2017 tour, plus the Live Chapter and I really wasn't very impressed by his performances.

I'd say his performance on South America (beginning of the tour) was very good. But yes, he has some not very good moments on Live Chapter, particularly because most of songs on it are from the last half of the tour. They love to do it, don't they?

Live After Death = Bruce tired like hell
Rock In Rio = Good performance, but again recorded on one of last shows
En Vivo = Good performance, but once again recorded on one of last shows (I think it was the last)
Live Chapter = Good performance on some songs and bad on others (And you know the reason)

And so on.

Even though it was last, Bruce nailed it in Rio. Those were his best years. He was never good live during the 80's I think, and in En Vivo and Live Chapter he was good enough. His best performances are on Rock in Rio and Flight 666 live albums in my opinion.

It is possible, I only listened to shows from Powerslave, SIT and SSOASS tours and he was pretty bad on all of them.

Even though it was last, Bruce nailed it in Rio. Those were his best years. He was never good live during the 80's I think, and in En Vivo and Live Chapter he was good enough. His best performances are on Rock in Rio and Flight 666 live albums in my opinion.

EN Vivo was his most consistant performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back