Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this Christmas card is pretty clear references for Sun and Steel, Killers and Mother Russia...at least for me.
28rk394.jpg

I think that is just a collection of weapons Eddie has used over the years...

Mother Russia is likely to be played as Burning Ambition.

From the LOTB teaser poster riddles it looks like BQOBD and FOI are going to be the couple of rarer tracks that Bruce was talking about.
Whether this is enough to create "social media madness" intrigues me.
The main song that would create a huge amount of social media interest is ATG. This is why I have a sneaking suspicion that Maiden might play it.
It's not that difficult to play really and most fans would go mental
They're going to play ATG for sure. Dennis wilcock told me that in a dream

Could well be. The one that really baffles me is the blacksmith with the swords. Could be Sun and Steel. The pictures remind me of that film with Jonny Depp, The Ninth Gate. That would make a cool Maiden song btw....

Sun and Steel is a great song, maybe too short. Flash of the Blade is another interpretation of the blacksmith, but the ''hidden gem'' from the Powerslave album and also could be related to the blacksmith and the swords (well, not 100% though) is The Duellists !

Sun and Steel is a great song, maybe too short. Flash of the Blade is another interpretation of the blacksmith, but the ''hidden gem'' from the Powerslave album and also could be related to the blacksmith and the swords (well, not 100% though) is The Duellists !

I remember at the time Bruce was really getting into his fencing hence all the sword related songs. They are real hidden gems though and criminally underplayed throughout the years.

Sea of Madness would be cool to see live. It isn't too tough on Bruce, so it's a lot more plausible than Aces High and the like, including the other popular SiT choice; Stranger in a Strange Land whose chorus would probably sound awful coming from 2018 Bruce.

You know, this thread has probably mentioned Alexander the Great more times than the rest of the Maidenfans forum. I'm pretty sure Alexander the Great is a forum meme at this point.
It won't be played.
I hope I'm wrong.

Wrathchild is a great song and live is even more awesome, but it has been played so many times and I think the band can choose other good short song for the setlists, for example Futureal.
Probably everyone likes Wrathchild and consider it as a classic - which is so, by the way !

Wrathchild gets a hard time. In conjunction with The Ides Of March it’s in their top 5 album openers after Caught Somewhere In Time, If Eternity Should Fail, Sign Of The Cross and Aces High. Please don’t blame the song for being overplayed, that’s the bands wrongdoing. Should have been a single and should have had its own Eddie art. Wrathchild would actually make a pretty decent encore opener. Not as enjoyable as Empire Of The Clouds or Isle Of Avalon or Chilhood’s End but still worthy of a devil horn.

BTW, Childhood’s End is one of only two songs in the whole discography (originals not covers) to contain an apostrophe in the song’s title. If both were played on this tour I’d be very happy.

BTW, Childhood’s End is one of only two songs in the whole discography (originals not covers) to contain an apostrophe in the song’s title. If both were played on this tour I’d be very happy.
Took me a while to remember the other.

Edit: I think there are three.

Actually there are at least five. I'm going through Maiden's discography now. That would be a great quiz question, which songs contain an apostrophe.

Losfer Words (Big 'Orra), Childhood's End, Blood on the World's Hands, Don't Look to the Eyes of a Stranger and These Colours Don't Run.

If I never get to hear Wrathchild live again, I will be happy.

(Now fate will take note and a lightning will strike me just before they start playing it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back