Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paschendale and FTGGOG would be the only reunion-era songs, which I think, is realistic.
Only those two yes, plus maybe one or two short songs ("The Wicker Man" and "El Dorado")... which incidentally makes one from each album (except the latest one, TBOS, already dealt with recently).

I would be on board for Wicker/Paschendale/Greater/Dorado to cover the reunion era. Very unlikely they would play anything off BNW that isn’t the first four songs.

We’re doing all this speculation but we’re still going to be surprised when Out of the Silent Planet opens the shows.

OOTSP is a very good song, one of my favorites. I think it will suits better on the encores than at the start, but I want them to play it since 2002 :D

I really hope "Out of the Silent Planet" doesn't show up at all (it probably won't anyway, but whatever). I still don't get the hype for it, and there are much better choices for rare songs.

maybe it is because i am listening to it now, but i would love to see Mother Russia make its debut. Very underrrated song, on a quite underrated album (in my opinion)

We can be fairly confident a few albums will be ignored, which do you think they will be? I’m going for Killers, X Factor, TBOS and maybe TFF.

Last edited:
We cam be fairly confident a few albums will be ignored, which do you think they will be? I’m going for Killers, X Factor, TBOS and maybe TFF.
Killers, No Prayer, The X Factor, Virtual XI, Dance of Death, The Final Frontier and maybe The Book of Souls.

I'm almost certain we won't hear anything off TBOS, given that Maiden hasn't carried any new material over to the following album tour since the BNW title track featured on the DOD tour

I'm almost certain we won't hear anything off TBOS, given that Maiden hasn't carried any new material over to the following album tour since the BNW title track featured on the DOD tour

I think you'll get at least one. They do in fact carry stuff over from nearly every album. BOS was very well received worldwide

I think Wogmidget means that AMOLAD, TFF (2011) and TBOS tours did not feature any songs from the album before. Considering 2006 was new album in full, 2007 was meant to mix AMOLAD and TNOTB and 2011 used other reunion songs having roadtested quite a few the previous year I think TBOS tour is the first where ignoring the previous album seems to have been a proper choice rather than they didn’t have room or they went with other modern songs that maybe got better reactions.

I'm fine with this. I loved experiencing TBOS tracks live and hope some of them do return on a future tour, but for 2018-19 I'd rather they leave as much room as possible for more unexpected stuff- AMOLAD, DOD, TFF, or the Blaze albums. Given the fact that they're touting '80s material in the press release, non-"classics" space in the set is probably going to be at a premium as it is.

If FTGGOG is in the set then I’m guessing we will only get one other reunion era track at most. Probably something off BNW.

If they don’t open with Aces High maybe they will open with a classic, similar to TNOTB for GMETID. I don’t know if they have done these two before as openers but how about The Trooper or Run to the Hills to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back