Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody will expect a ...stage with only trooper beer/legacy of the beast game propaganda
I pretty much predicted this five years ago :D

"The Flight 666 Somewhere Back In Time Again World Tour Brought To You By Trooper(tm) Brand Ale" Tour 2016

Intro: Video tour of Robinson's Brewery, while The Trooper plays in the background
Aces High (dropped for Wrathchild after the first show)
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Trooper (lyrics altered to describe Trooper Ale's refreshing, full-bodied flavor)
Wrathchild
Run To The Hills
The Trooper (lyrics altered to describe the Trooper Ale brewing and bottling process)
Run To The Hills
Wrathchild
Wrathchild (dropped for Wrathchild after the first show)
The Number of the Beast
The Trooper
Run To The Hills
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
-----------------------------
The Number of the Beast
Run To The Hills
Running Free
Fear of the Dark

The stage set is the Trooper Ale label repeated on fabric, and all the song backdrops are altered so Eddie is drinking a pint of Trooper Ale. Every song has three walking Eddies, eight pyro flame towers, ten sparklers and a fog machine. Steve says: "It's sort of a 1990-1993 vibe, for fans who weren't born back when Fear of the Dark came out." Nicko says: "We've even dusted off Wrathchild and Running Free for this tour, which we haven't played since 1974!"

https://forum.maidenfans.com/threads/create-your-own-iron-maiden-setlist.26711/page-2#post-428037

Honestly, there's no space for more than four "surprises" in the set. The point is that this 9 songs are almost untoucheable: IM, Trooper, TNOTB, HBTN, 2MtM, FotD, TETMD, Wrathchild and Run to The Hills. I doubt a gig with less then 5 of these (have ever existed a setlist with less then 5 of these?).Then there are those classics that were played a lot in the reunion era, such as Powerslave, Aces High, WY and Blood Brothers. And I think those will stay a little bit untouchable as well. So the best I can expect are three classics that haven't been played for at least 10 years + FTGGOD.

Honestly, there's no space for more than four "surprises" in the set. The point is that this 9 songs are almost untoucheable: IM, Trooper, TNOTB, HBTN, 2MtM, FotD, TETMD, Wrathchild and Run to The Hills. I doubt a gig with less then 5 of these (have ever existed a setlist with less then 5 of these?).Then there are those classics that were played a lot in the reunion era, such as Powerslave, Aces High, WY and Blood Brothers. And I think those will stay a little bit untouchable as well. So the best I can expect are three classics that haven't been played for at least 10 years + FTGGOD.

IM - Yes
Trooper - Yes
TNOTB - Yes
HBTN - It depends. If the court case is not resolved before the start of rehearsals, they won't play it.
2MTM - Yes
FOTD - Yes
Wrathchild - I'd say no, but it will return in the 2nd leg of the tour, or replacing a great song after 2-3 shows.
RTTH - Probably

IM - Yes
Trooper - Yes
TNOTB - Yes
HBTN - It depends. If the court case is not resolved before the start of rehearsals, they won't play it.
2MTM - Yes
FOTD - Yes
Wrathchild - I'd say no, but it will return in the 2nd leg of the tour, or replacing a great song after 2-3 shows.
RTTH - Probably

And since Steve said that The Evil That Men Do is one of his favorite songs to play live, I'm pretty sure it also will return !

seeing as the USA will be the second leg, that kinda sucks.... :eek: this means we will lose something great for a meh song at this point. Wrathchild has lost all its magic.

I disagree that the set list will change in 2019. The setlists usually change because they start repeating locations on the same tour. Maiden England 2013 was the same as 2012 because they only did NA that year and hadn’t hit Europe yet. I expect it will be similar with Legacy of the Beast.

I think Paschendale and The Clansman are contenders because last year Steve said they wanted to play them again (Metal Hammer UK 50 best Maiden songs, the article where the writers said that Maiden wouldn’t make the mistake of dropping Hallowed again).

Anything off POM, barring the usual suspects, would be fantastic. POM and SIT keep pulling the shortest straw on these tours, maybe they will rectify that this time.
It's doubly strange considering how various band members have mentioned liking Piece of Mind a lot, yet all they've played off it in the last ten years is The Trooper and Revelations.

I think Paschendale and The Clansman are contenders because last year Steve said they wanted to play them again (Metal Hammer UK 50 best Maiden songs, the article where the writers said that Maiden wouldn’t make the mistake of dropping Hallowed again).

The idea of "different worlds" that will be featured in the stage set, plus the whole thing being "based loosely on the game" might mean we'll get to see a war/battlefield-related section in the stage show. That, plus the band's/Bruce's love for theatrics and the song (Paschendale) really supports this theory. I mean, Paschendale is definitely one of the strongest contenders from the post-reunion songs to be featured in the set, IF they can/really want to make it work. And yes, from the 90's, The Clansman is pretty likely too. I could actually see them opening with the battlefield themed stage setting. You know, Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Trooper, Paschendale pretty early on the set (first 5 to 6 songs) with a battlefield stage set sounds pretty cool! :D

Yup, those nine (minus Wrathchild, perhaps) are pretty safe bets and then we have room for six to seven songs, with four of them being more-or-less suprising like Flight of Icarus, Paschendale, 22 Acacia Avenue, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Clansman, Be Quick or be Dead or something of that nature and then a little handful of songs they haven't played that much but that definitely belong to the basic pool of songs they pick their usual setlists. Meaning: Powerslave, Running Free, Revelations, Wasted Years, Brave New World, Dance of Death, Blood Brothers, Die With Your Boots On, Children of the Damned... Die With Your Boots On has been played only in 2003 and 2005 since reunion, but I believe it has at least been considered for both history tours since 2005.

Is there any real chance to bring Paschendale back? I mean, they dropped it after 2 shows in 2010 ...

Is there any real chance to bring Paschendale back? I mean, they dropped it after 2 shows in 2010 ...

Well that is pretty good point (even though it was played a few more times than just two). Then again, if the band really wants to play it again, assuming Steve was being somewhat serious about it, could mean that it's not completely ruled out. If and since they're going to play post-reunion stuff, I guess it's going to be one or two of these epic/longer ones anyway and Paschendale seems like a possible contender from that category. The Wicker Man has a solid chance from the shorter stuff though.

I think there is a chance that Paschendale comes back. Steve loves the song + Bruce thinks that it's the only great song on DOD. They dropped it in 2010, because they kept fucking it up, but they also kept fucking up TRATB for a quite a few shows in 2016 at the beginning of a tour and it wasn't dropped. So, there is hope.

But playing Paschendale (+FTGGOG and Clansman which are very high possibilities), would rule out a song like Rime. Actually, I would rather have the trio of Paschendale, Clansman and FTGGOG than one of them + Rime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back