Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that I despise Heaven Can Wait, but if you're going to pick a track from SiT to play, I'd greatly prefer Stranger in a Strange Land. We'll see quite soon though!
I'd also prefer SIASL, but I do like Heaven Can Wait and I think it's a very good live. Loved it in 2008. Heaven Can Wait and Rime of the Ancient Mariner are by the way the only two songs played in 2008/09 that haven't been played since. Wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those two return this year.

I'd also prefer SIASL, but I do like Heaven Can Wait and I think it's a very good live. Loved it in 2008. Heaven Can Wait and Rime of the Ancient Mariner are by the way the only two songs played in 2008/09 that haven't been played since. Wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those two return this year.
I'm torn between wanting to see Rime live and wanting them not to play it so they can play 2 other songs I've never seen live.

I still think there will be a curveball like SIASL, 22AA or Clansman. They haven't got an album or history DVD to tour around so they can't just fill it with 'classics'. There have to be a few really deep cuts that we are not expecting.

Maybe they've played it in Zagreb too, we don't have a bootleg to confirm that Belgrade was a single instance.

Another interesting parallel might be Dire Straits and their Brothers in Arms tour, they started with a rather remote and unconnected show in Split, then hopped to Israel and then back to Yugoslavia (the usual Belgrade/Zagreb/Ljubljana route) followed by tightly packed central euro dates. The reason why they started in Split is for warming up. They had performance problems on previous tour. Arena Gripe was build 5 years prior and it has fantastic acoustics, the city is small and the arena isn't big, the crowds are hungry and the show will go down excellent regardless of the band being loose, as in not tightly playing here and there.

Maybe something like this happened in Belgrade 1987. The band tries out something they're not 100% sure about in front of a more receptive audience as a trial.

I also hope for The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner but I think its wishful thinking since they only played it once live. Perhaps with the six man line-up they might be willing to try it again. I really hope so. I think there is a better chance of hearing Stranger In a Strange Land and possibly even Sea of Madness in the set. It would be truly amazing if they played all three songs.

I really like how people say they "hope" for something, when what they should be saying is they "wish". If you "hope" for something, you have grounds for thinking it could happen, but most of the time, it's just unfounded wishing.

I really like how people say they "hope" for something, when what they should be saying is they "wish". If you "hope" for something, you have grounds for thinking it could happen, but most of the time, it's just unfounded wishing.

Yup. I'd say Flight of Icarus, The Clansman, Be Quick or be Dead, 22 Acacia Avenue and even Stranger in a Strange Land are something one can hope for, considering that there MUST be one, two or even three "surprises." The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner though... Nope, as great as it would be. From that category, I'd prefer Infinite Dreams though. :D

Think I'm gonna put a tenner on the blacksmith panel in the artwork just being a trolling reference to Adrian's surname, and hope they never try to do the same with Bruce's.

I do not know if anybody has mentioned this, but I am beginning to think that the blacksmith might refer to The Evil that Men Do, as he is "living on the razor's edge". :)

I think I know why Wasted Years has been played so much in recent years. It's Maiden's 5th most popular song on YouTube. 5th! Few years ago, when I was checking that it was nowhere near.

According to YT, most popular songs are:

1. The Trooper
2. Hallowed Be Thy Name
3. The Number Of The Beast
4. Speed Of Light
5. Wasted Years
6. Run To The Hills
7. Blood Brothers
8. Phantom Of The Opera
9. Aces High
10. Fear Of The Dark
-------------A few million views gap-------------------
11. Doctor Doctor (WTF!)
12. Dream Of Mirrors (WTF again!)
13. The Longest Day (WTF again!)
14. 2 Minutes To Midnight
15. Dance Of Death
16. Wasting Love
17. Rainmaker
18. Transylvania (?!)
19. When The Wild Wind Blows
20. Mother Russia
21. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
22. Paschendale

The tracks from 15th on are quite close. I'm quite surprised of how much popularity Wasted Years has gained in the past few years. It's incredible.

^ Few years ago, before HD reupload Wasted Years official video had about 30-40 million views. It was always 2nd most viewed video on youtube after FOTD and in front of HBTN/Trooper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back