Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas, this is no way to do statistics ;)

Some videos were uploaded 10+ years ago and Maiden doesn't take down anything unless its couple of days since official release (and they started that just a few years ago). There were videos for some Piece of Mind songs that had a few mil back in 2010 but were taken down due to video content (mixing with movies etc.) and now the most viewed instances are the videos that just went with album cover, that had only a fraction of the views compared to the former.

There are no visible statistics for deleted videos. Maiden had to delete old videos when they re-uploaded HD ones. The old Wasted Years had 40+ M views, I'm dead certain about this.

Well, actually, if you only count the official videos (all uploaded 2 years ago) it's:

1. The Trooper
2. The Number Of The Beast
3. Speeed Of Light
4. Wasted Years
5. Run To The Hills

Anyway, I really hope they retire FOTD for a tour and put Hallowed in it's place.

Anyway, I really hope they retire FOTD for a tour and put Hallowed in it's place.

Me too. Brave New World would be a great substitute for FOTD, especially if the suit considering Hallowed hasn't settled yet. And in any case, either of them instead FOTD would do well. :)

In official maiden forum, there are rumours (technical man of band said), that they are going to play paschendale, ftggog, clansman and die with your boots on. Classics like 2mtm, rtth, trooper, im, fear, wickerman, tetmd and FLIGHT OF ICARUS. And there are predictions about one song from tbos - I think that will be death or glory, and they think about ghost of navigator, bring your daughter, heaven can wait.

All of songs match with poster of tour. When we sum duration of songs it equal 100-104 minutes with bruce speech, intro, some gap there will be 110 minutes - standard.

Is this setlist?

Last edited:
In official maiden forum, there are rumours (technical man of band said), that they are going to play paschendale, ftggog, clansman and die with your boots on. Classics like 2mtm, rtth, trooper, im, fear, wickerman, tetmd and FLIGHT OF ICARUS. And there are predictions about one song from tbos - I think that will be death or glory, and they think about ghost of navigator, bring your daughter, heaven can wait.

All of songs match with poster of tour. When we sum duration of songs it equal 100-104 minutes with bruce speech, intro, some gap there will be 110 minutes - standard.

Is this setlist?
I would happily take that, just have something other than DoG off TBOS.

Is this setlist?

I would change HCW with SIASL, and this is a killer set.

So:

Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
2 Minutes To Midnight
Die With Your Boots On
The Clansman
The Trooper
Run To The Hills
Paschendale
Death Or Glory
Stranger In A Strange Land
For The Greater Good Of God
The Evil That Men Do
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

The Number Of The Beast
Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
Flight Of Icarus

If anything, I would change DWYBO with 22AA and that's it.

I really hope that the roadcrew protests against HCW again, they listen to Nicko and replace it with SIASL.

All of the other songs are killer, especially the trio of Paschendale, FTGGOG and Clansman.

I am a little suspicious that Aces High is absent yet it was in the trailer, even if that is not legally binding. Also, 17 songs with three epics might be a little too long. Why did the leak not mention TNOTB?

I wish this tour would get on with it and start now.

The setlist rumoured above would certainly be interesting enough to justify the quick return to the road. My biggest doubt about its realism is that half of the songs are post 80s. 4 or 5 seems more realistic to me. Also, Paschendale bores the fuck out of me.

Is this setlist?

Well, it would be a good fresh (by Maiden standards) setlist.
I doubt that they gonna play something from TBOS, but DOG is a fantastic song and it is Maiden from the 80's. And what about TNOTB song - I think it was confirmed by Bruce in a recent interview that they gonna play it !

But if this happened to be the setlist, the surprises would be: Paschendale, FTGGOG, The Clansman, DWYBO :eek: and maybe GOTN and BYD... TTS ! the deep cut from the 80's would be FOI. Perhaps, some of the surprise songs would also can be considered like a deep cuts - from the 90's and 00's !

Assuming the rumors turn out to be true, I believe this would be a pretty good setlist:
  1. The Wicker Man
  2. Ghost Of The Navigator
  3. Flight Of Icarus
  4. The Clansman
  5. Die With Your Boots On
  6. Paschendale
  7. The Evil That Men Do
  8. The Trooper
  9. Fear Of The Dark
  10. Heaven Can Wait
  11. Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
  12. 2 Minutes To Midnight
  13. Death Or Glory
  14. For The Greater Good Of God
  15. Run To The Hills
  16. Iron Maiden

Not to mention FTGGOG and RTTH in the encores is not happening.

Overall that set sounds like wishful thinking, with 17 songs and no Aces High. I'm not buying it.

Overall that set sounds like wishful thinking, with 17 songs and no Aces High. I'm not buying it.
Not to mention that it is nearly 50% post 80s stuff. For once them not following their own predescription of a tour could make it ‘better’ but who’s to say Still Life, Killers, To Tame a Land, SIASL and 22AA wouldn’t be considered?

I agree about the amount of songs and the setlist order, but I'd say DWYBO, Icarus, The Clansman, FTGGOG and arguably Paschendale are all songs that are at least pretty realistic candidates. I'd even say that at least three of those are actually something one would realistically expect.

Tour announcement stated that we'll get to hear lots of classic, meaning the obvious ones accompanied by one big surprise and something like the mentioned DWYBO is pretty realistic expectation. "Surprises from the the later albums" sounds like The Wicker Man and another BNW cut with a couple of songs the band would assumably want to play again. The first songs with those criterias that come to my mind are pretty much the speculated ones: The Clansman, Paschendale and FTGGOG, mainly because it was in the teaser though.

I'm not saying that I expect all the mentioned or "leaked" stuff to happen, but it is pretty much what I'd expect from a tour like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back