Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can as many free Iron Maiden tickets as you like Niall, as long as you wear a Union Flag suit and walk around Temple Bar in Dublin singing 'God Save the Queen' and 'Rule Brittania'.

You can as many free Iron Maiden tickets as you like Niall, as long as you wear a Union Flag suit and walk around Temple Bar in Dublin singing 'God Save the Queen' and 'Rule Brittania'.
Absolutely not; wouldn't be caught dead in Temple Bar.
Although Im a cert to win. In the last 5 years Ive won a cruise for 2 to Norway, return flights to America + €1000 worth of hotel vouchers and, most recently, tickets/accomodation for 4 to some rock festival in Ibiza. Bound to get hit by a bus soon.

Short-ish Steve interview on Eddie Trunk's latest podcast, mostly about British Lion:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id897720614

On Legacy of the Beast:

"The stage set is completely different- new set kind of loosely based on the game, but not really."

"We're doing some songs we haven't done in a while, and some other songs that people may not expect us to do."

"It's a mixture of stuff, mostly older stuff"

Was cagey about whether or not the tour will continue in the states, says he can't talk about it yet or Rod will throttle him. Mentions The Evil That Men Do, Hallowed when pressed about tunes he loves playing.

Short-ish Steve interview on Eddie Trunk's latest podcast, mostly about British Lion:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id897720614

On Legacy of the Beast:

"The stage set is completely different- new set kind of loosely based on the game, but not really."

"We're doing some songs we haven't done in a while, and some other songs that people may not expect us to do."

"It's a mixture of stuff, mostly older stuff"

Was cagey about whether or not the tour will continue in the states, says he can't talk about it yet or Rod will throttle him. Mentions The Evil That Men Do, Hallowed when pressed about tunes he loves playing.
"May not expect us to wraaaaathchild!!!!"

So we can expect long-awaited classics like The Evil That Men Do and Run to the Hills to return after four years! Possibly they'll dust off a real rarity such as Phantom of the Opera.

Seriously speaking, sounds pretty good, actually. As I've stated many times, I honestly believe we'll get to hear one or two real "suprises" and at least a couple of classics they haven't played that much recently. The talk about the stage set sounds interesting as well. As speculated, it might be some kind of switching sceneries presenting familiar visual landscapes. "Loosely based on the game" could mean that we'll get to see something Brave New World inspired amongst the obvious Powerslave and possibly SIT/SSOASS throwbacks in the stage set.

Last edited:
I'm thinking they will change more than just the backdrop to create a couple of different scene themes. Like a "hell world" , a "war world" etc. And play a couple of songs to fit within that scene before changing. A bit like the different worlds you play in the game, but not necessarily with the same themes or songs as in the game.

I'm thinking they will change more than just the backdrop to create a couple of different scene themes. Like a "hell world" , a "war world" etc. And play a couple of songs to fit within that scene before changing. A bit like the different worlds you play in the game, but not necessarily with the same themes or songs as in the game.

That's pretty much what I'd expect. Interesting to see if they'll include 3D props like the mayan/space station towers from the most recent album tours (or the Seventh Tour icebergs) or go with more streamlined and sleek look like the Maiden England stage set - with a little extra effort with Eddies though.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! -> Monstegur

Interesting he makes a distinction between unexpected and gone for a while. Maybe a debut? Also, I wonder what his definition of older stuff is, does the Blaze era count as old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back