Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF they will play something from the early 90s I can see them doing be quick or be dead and bring your daughter as encore, similar to moonchild and the clairvoyant during somewhere back in time.

I don't think BYD is coming back, considering how the band didn't seem to particularly enjoy playing it back in '03 and how Bruce treats it as a complete throwaway track in his book. Be Quick or Be Dead has a very slight chance but it's probably not happening, unless they want to replicate Maiden England by having a 90s surprise track replace something more difficult.

I don't think BYD is coming back, considering how the band didn't seem to particularly enjoy playing it back in '03 and how Bruce treats it as a complete throwaway track in his book. Be Quick or Be Dead has a very slight chance but it's probably not happening, unless they want to replicate Maiden England by having a 90s surprise track replace something more difficult.
How do we know they didn’t like playing it and why wouldn’t they? Would have thought something that simple and with lots of crowd interaction would have been popular with the band.

I don't think BYD is coming back, considering how the band didn't seem to particularly enjoy playing it back in '03 and how Bruce treats it as a complete throwaway track in his book.

They definitely were having a blast playing the song both times I saw the band on the GMETID tour...

I seem to remember reading an article a few years back where it was said the band rehearsed Man on the Edge, ATSS and BQOBD for the GMETID tour. I could see all those songs coming back for this tour.

I don't think Man on the Edge has a chance. The Clansman is more likely, they did after all play it on three consecutive tours.

As I said before, I reckon Bruce has a veto on singing about things like briefcases, lunches and men on the edge. I like the song but wouldn't blame Bruce for not wantin to sing such words. Same for dinosaurs and men who walked the earth. Actually, is this a feminist issue? Two of Metals worst lyrics and both mention 'men.' Not making light of the female struggle in the world but just sayin.

Be Quick or Be Dead has a very slight chance but it's probably not happening, unless they want to replicate Maiden England by having a 90s surprise track replace something more difficult.

Yeah, probably not, but I'd still say that of all the more-or-less-realistic deep cuts and 90's material that has been present in the discussion (SIASL, Sign of the Cross, Man on the Edge etc.) Be Quick or Be Dead has pretty good chances to make it to the set. My hopes aren't too high, but I COULD see them doing it. I'm pretty confident about the 90's presence it the set - I seriously believe we'll get to hear one or even two songs from that period, besides FOTD, obviously. Oh, wishful thinking I suppose. :D Then again, if they'll open with Aces High again the only logical place for BQOBD would be the encores. An excellent encore opener no doubt, but we'll see... I'd really like to see it though.

It's been 13 years since the last performance of the song by any band member...

Funny enough, the previously discussed Bring Your Daughter... to the Slaughter was also played.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tribuzy/2005/credicard-hall-sao-paulo-brazil-2bc828b6.html#!

As I said before, I reckon Bruce has a veto on singing about things like briefcases, lunches and men on the edge. I like the song but wouldn't blame Bruce for not wantin to sing such words. Same for dinosaurs and men who walked the earth. Actually, is this a feminist issue? Two of Metals worst lyrics and both mention 'men.' Not making light of the female struggle in the world but just sayin.
Didn't Bruce say back in the day that he wouldn't mind singing Man on the Edge and Futureal 'cause he liked the melodic vocal lines. And they did play both in 1999.

By they way Man on the Edge is based on the movie Falling Down with Michael Douglas, of course they'll sing man on the edge. Not a feminist issue at all.

Didn't Bruce say back in the day that he wouldn't mind singing Man on the Edge and Futureal 'cause he liked the melodic vocal lines. And they did play both in 1999.

By they way Man on the Edge is based on the movie Falling Down with Michael Douglas, of course they'll sing man on the edge. Not a feminist issue at all.
The feminist quip was tongue in cheek.
Aye, I know what the songs about and I think that the lyrics are shit. I know that they did it in '99 but I'd say there was more compromising going on back then and I just have a feeling that Bruce has a bigger say on setlists now and with that in mind, he may say 'no' to singing about the aforementioned briefcases, lunches and birthday presents and such. No evidence for this, just a feeling. I'd be happy enough to hear it, though, love the bass in it.

pic_28.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back