Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce said something about being in a rut/routine with the songs. We don’t know if he meant song choices or how they play and present them.
He's actually mentioned that issue (the presentation) before, citing Fear of the Dark in particular. I believe it was one of the book events. So yeah, I think we have our answer. Look forward to Bruce making the audience sing parts of difficult songs I guess, and a deadly serious take on Fear of the Dark.

Iron Maiden karaoke. Bruce is tired of doing all the staples so he'll just pick random audience members to sing instead, while he sits backstage and relaxes.

Iron Maiden karaoke. Bruce is tired of doing all the staples so he'll just pick random audience members to sing instead, while he sits backstage and relaxes.

Yas, it's a whole new interactive platform. Designed to make the audience part of the "Legacy of the Beast" world/game/show...;)

Imagine they start the medley with Alexander the Great, play about 30 seconds of it before they go into Wrathchild and play an extended version of it. Would there be social media madness?
Social media sadness

Losfer Words with Powerslave lyrics.

To help the boys rehearse this one I've already put the two songs together for them...

http://thewhicheverowl.bandcamp.com/track/lost-words-found-powerslave-ii

a4266946017_10.jpg

...I hope you're not offended by this @matic22 :S

Last edited:
The artwork have got the Scottish flag (Clansman?) and what seems like a mosquito (Lord of the Flies?) right next to it though. But yes, I expect typical 80's classics. Which, to be honest, is dull.
Why would the 80s beat the whole that's maidens best time that's what I grew up with the 80s were the best there's songs their first eight albums are just the greatest I'm not knocking what you like man it's all great but I don't know dude I can't wait for them to do the 80s man I want to do a live after the show again I want to see some Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour redone again I want Somewhere in Time to be done again I'd love to see them under Killers Tour and and their Iron Maiden Iron Maiden tour that is just the best time. But that's cool too man I did what you did also see for me I grew up in the 80s man I was a kid a teenager when Iron Maiden was jamming

Why!!! Why wouldn't you want to see the 80s . The old Tunes are the best man . that's maidens best time that's what I grew up with the 80s were the best their first eight albums are just the greatest I'm not knocking what you like man it's all great but I don't know dude I can't wait for them to do the 80s man I want to do a live after the show again I want to see some Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour redone again I want Somewhere in Time to be done again I'd love to see them do another Killers tour Another Number of the Beast or piece of mind that's vintage. That is just the best time. But that's cool too . for me I grew up in the 80s man I was a kid a teenager when Iron Maiden was I think that's when Iron Maiden was at their best in the 80s. But I like what you like also man I just can't wait to see them again rock on my fellow Maiden friend./QUOTE]

@Don people are concerned that they will play the same old songs from the 80s and miss an opportunity to play something from a bit later that they could never do on an album tour. They’ve done a tour of stuff only from the first albums, they’ve done a tour with the Powerslave set and the best of the 80s, they’ve redone the Seventh Son tour. However, a lot of these people wouldn’t mind a proper go at Somewhere in Time again.

Yeah I totally know what you're saying and I do agree that something different would be cool the only thing I get worried with Maiden is when they come like when they did a matter of life and death they did the whole album that kind of drove me nuts I wanted to hear some of the older Tunes I am stuck in the 80s I will admit that some new stuff I would look forward to also something we've never seen But Bruce did say we are going to see things that is going to be over-the-top that we did never see so it's going to be one hell of a show and I do suggest to any Iron Maiden fan do not miss this it will be a humongous regret this is going to be unlike anything we've seen I have this feeling that's what Bruce has been saying. I can dig it some Somewhere in Time it's one of my favorite albums I've totally totally would love to see some of that again. Stay cool my maiden friend talk with you soon. Thank you. Don

I suspect we'll get lots of 80s songs, one or two odd picks from the 1990s/2000s. A lot of the hints have leaned towards For the Greater Good of God, and I'd pop huge for that. Truly a personal favourite - but to make this a true legacy tour, you'd need at least 5 post-reunion songs, 2 Blaze-era songs, and 2 early 1990s songs. Hard to see how the band fits all that in with the 1980s expectations.

Something like this might be reasonable to truly discuss the legacy of Iron Maiden:

1. Ides of March/Wrathchild
2. 2 Minutes to Midnight
3. Death or Glory
4. Phantom of the Opera
5. Ghost of the Navigator
6. Man on the Edge
7. The Evil That Men Do
8. El Dorado
9. The Trooper
10. The Number of the Beast
11. For the Greater Good of God
12. No Prayer For the Dying
13. Rainmaker
14. Fear of the Dark
15. Iron Maiden
---
16. The Clansman
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name
18. Wasted Years

But I think we're more likely to get this:

1. Aces High
2. Run to the Hills
3. The Trooper
4. Phantom of the Opera
5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
6. The Wicker Man
7. Revelations
8. Powerslave
9. For the Greater Good of God
10. Death or Glory
11. The Evil That Men Do
12. 2 Minutes to Midnight
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
---
15. The Number of the Beast
16. Hallowed Be Thy Name
17. Wasted Years

Though a true deep cuts setlist with some interesting choices, but that I think would satisfy most of the crowd, would look like this (a couple alternates in there that I think would also go well in those places):

1. Moonchild
2. Stranger in a Strange Land
3. Be Quick or Be Dead/Can I Play With Madness?
4. Killers/Phantom of the Opera
5. For the Greater Good of God
6. The Prisoner/Run to the Hills
7. The Clansman
8. The Number of the Beast
9. El Dorado/Death or Glory
10. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
11. The Wicker Man
12. Hallowed Be Thy Name
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
---