Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Alexander the Great would work best as the first encore song to play rather than the show opener. Just imagine the band having walked off stage, lights go off, fans are chanting "Maiden! Maiden! Maiden!" and then after a few minutes of that, you hear it. The howling of the wind. Hardcore fans would know, casual fans and everyone else would be curious. Then a voice comes over the PA: "My son, ask for thyself another kingdom. For that which I leave is too small for thee."

Proceeded by the first 1:40 of the song being played, in the dark, over the PA. And then the band and lights burst back on at the 1:40 part of the song and play what no one dare dream they would ever play.

I think the place would go fucking nuts, probably one of the biggest pops a band could ever get from a crowd. Shame that it may never happen.
Dude I love your style I totally agree exactly the true die-hard fans would know the song the casuals and once in awhiles probably wouldn't have a clue. That would be great.

I think Alexander the Great would work best as the first encore song to play rather than the show opener. Just imagine the band having walked off stage, lights go off, fans are chanting "Maiden! Maiden! Maiden!" and then after a few minutes of that, you hear it. The howling of the wind. Hardcore fans would know, casual fans and everyone else would be curious. Then a voice comes over the PA: "My son, ask for thyself another kingdom. For that which I leave is too small for thee."

Proceeded by the first 1:40 of the song being played, in the dark, over the PA. And then the band and lights burst back on at the 1:40 part of the song and play what no one dare dream they would ever play.

I think the place would go fucking nuts, probably one of the biggest pops a band could ever get from a crowd. Shame that it may never happen.

LOL. You make me want to see it and I don't even like the song.

This!, That is the only place I can see ATG fitting on the set. Maybe since Bruce has almost complete control of the setlist, and he seems genuine that he actually wants to change things up a bit, i have a dash of hope.

We've heard this before, but I can't see it being true. Rod, Steve, and the others have a say too. I suspect H's desires are taken quite seriously as well.

True, but surely, you have to have some faith that Steve and Rod would want to change it up a bit. It really does seem like Rod and Steve prefer the philosophy of " Hey lets play a show of staples, and there will be a zero chance of the show being mediocre in terms of performances" instead of " Hey, lets actually listen to the fans, and play some songs outside our comfort zone that haven't been played in a while, and gradually improve the performances of said songs throughout the tour" if you know what i mean? Ovecourse with Bruce's vocal ability in constant discussion, in terms of having songs like Aces High and another difficult song back to back etc...

I would much rather be part of the latter statement. Have the songs grow on the crowd with each performance. It almost seems like Steve/Rod are concerned about the performance suffering with
songs not having been played in 20+ years. Although ROTAM would contradict that completely, and since they are musically tighter then they have ever been.

And part of me also thinks Adrian is in Bruce's camp in terms of changing it up a bit. Dave seems unphased one way or another, and Janick will just keep dancing around and being awesome!

I think that makes sense?

Rod has a say, but I think he may have been talking on the bands behalf as well when he said that.
That stinks if the band doesn't want to do Caught Somewhere in Time I still say they should do it for the fans though if the fans want to hear it

Ovecourse with Bruce's vocal ability in constant discussion, in terms of having songs like Aces High and another difficult song back to back etc...

Aces high requires sharp-high frequencies. Bruce was mentioning how cancer has changed his sound in that direction. I think he will give it another try after the failures in 2012-2013 tour. BQBD may also be on the playlist for the same reason. I think Bruce will try in this tour higher frequencies than usual.

This is exactly how I can see it being played, and now I really want to see it come to fruition!

Encore of:

-----------------------
Alexander The Great
Stranger In A Strange Land (with a singalong part BYDTTS 2003 style)
Flight Of Icarus

and I would actually have an eargasm.

ATG would probably be worthy of an eargasm anywhere in the set, unless they completely fuck it up of course. But SIASL with a forced singalong bit? No thank you.

Actually, they could very well extend the drum/bass intro to create a singalong section. I don't think it would sound forced at all, it could actually be quite fun. :D

We've heard this before, but I can't see it being true. Rod, Steve, and the others have a say too. I suspect H's desires are taken quite seriously as well.
If one member really want to do one song I think they have a decent chance of being heard. I think Nicko was the one who got Tears of a Clown into the setlist in 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back