Legacy of the Beast 2018 Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which songs do people expect to be played?
I think the songs in the teaser will be played. The Number of the Beast, Run to the Hills, The Trooper, Aces High, 2 Minutes to Midnight and Fear of the Dark. We also know they will play Iron Maiden. So that's seven songs. For the Greater Good of God was in the tour announcement teaser, and it's also hidden in the tour poster. I think we can expect that one. Hallowed Be Thy Name could also make a return. However the setlist was decided last year, and back then they probably thought they couldn't include it. Of course that has changed, and setlist changes can happen before the tour starts. I'd say it's 50/50 if we get Hallowed or not.

Then we've got the rumour that they will play Where Eagles Dare and Flight of Icarus. I'd be shocked if they do Where Eagles Dare, and Flight of Icarus would be one of the biggest surprises ever, but there seem to be a good reason to expect it. If they do either or both, Revelations might not make the cut this time. We'll get a Seventh Son song, and I think The Evil That Men Do is the most likely to be played. Can I Play With Madness is also a possible choice, but if they only do one we'll get Evil. I'm 98% certain of that. And if they do a SIT song it's probably Heaven Can Wait, after all the gates of heaven are on the tour poster.

In the tour announcement they said we will get a handful of songs from 90-2015. Fear of the Dark is one, and FTGGOG is most likely another. So maybe three more. The Wicker Man is a solid candidate, they like the song and it's a crowd favourite. Ghost of the Navigator could be another, the tour poster might hint towards it. I think the fifth (if we get five) could be a 90's song. This is a great chance for them to bring back something from that period. Maybe Be Quick Or Be Dead or The Clansman? Maybe. If not we could get Speed of Light, it would fit into the theme.

So those 20 songs are the ones I think are most likely. Take away three or four and I think we are extremely close to the setlist.

I'm actually really curious to see if anything from TBOS shows up. The last time a new album was represented on two consecutive tours was Brave New World. This will be the first time since then that the theme of the tour doesn't exclude recent material and TBOS seemed to go down better live than most of the other reunion era stuff. I could see Speed of Light or Death or Glory making a come back.

I expect them to play all of the songs from the tour promo, since they played all of the songs form the TBOS tour promo, plus a few more obvious (for me) choices.

So if you ask me, I think these songs are 100% sure to be played:

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Run to the Hills
The Number of the Beast
Fear of the Dark
Iron Maiden
Hallowed Be Thy Name
The Evil That Men Do

and at least 1 song from BNW (probably one of the first four from the record)

That is 10 slots filled, as for the remaining (5 or 6), I have no idea. I expect 1 song from SIT, and that's about all I can realistically think of.

Last edited:
Since the reunion every tour had at least one surprise in the setlist.

- EH tour: Aces Hight (not played since '85), SIASL (though for a while) and other songs that hadn't been played in a long time like WY,Killers,Powerslave,POTO and RTTH
* The Clansman and Futureal were not a surprises, because they were from then, the most recent Maiden album ! Man on the Edge was a kind of surprise too.

- BNW tour: SOTC and COTD (again for a while) and The Fallen Angel + Out of the Silent Planet.

- GME... 'TID tour: Wildest Dreams and BYD... TTS + other songs that hadn't been played in a long time like DWYBO, Revelations, 22AA.

- DOD tour: Lord of the Flies and maybe CIPWM and Journeyman !

- Early Days tour: Another Life, Drifter and Charlotte the Harlot o_O + other songs that were not so surprising like MITRM, Prowler, RT and WED.

- AMOLAD tour: the first leg in 2006 was a really BIG surprise - for the second leg in 2007 the surprise was only Children of the Damned.

- SBIT tour: ROTAM and Moonchild + maybe WY, Powerslave and The Clairvoyant. (COTD and POTO from the second leg in 2009)

- TFF tour: ED, GOTN, DOD, TROBB, TCDR, WD and No More Lies (for the second leg in 2011 only the new songs were ''like'' a surprises)

- ME tour: ATSS + The Prisoner and SSOASS, but they were not so unlikely !

- TBOS tour: COTD and Powerslave (+ HBTN :D). For the second leg TGU was a surprise and Wrathchild - not a good one ! :confused:

Legacy of the Beast tour:....................... :p

Last edited:
Since the reunion every tour had at least one surprise in the setlist.

- EH tour: Aces Hight (not played since '85), SIASL (though for a while) and other songs that hadn't been played in a long time like WY,Killers,Powerslave,POTO and RTTH
* The Clansman and Futureal were not a surprises, because they were from then, the most recent Maiden album ! Man on the Edge was a kind of surprise too.

- BNW tour: SOTC and COTD (again for a while) and The Fallen Angel + Out of the Silent Planet.

- GME... 'TID tour: Wildest Dreams and BYD... TTS + other songs that hadn't been played in a long time like DWYBO, Revelations, 22AA.

- DOD tour: Lord of the Flies and maybe CIPWM and Journeyman !

- Early Days tour: Another Life, Drifter and Charlotte the Harlot o_O + other songs that were not so surprising like MITRM, Prowler, RT and WED.

- AMOLAD tour: the first leg in 2006 was a really BIG surprise - for the second leg in 2007 the surprise was only Children of the Damned.

- SBIT tour: ROTAM and Moonchild + maybe WY, Powerslave and The Clairvoyant. (COTD and POTO from the second leg in 2009)

- TFF tour: ED, GOTN, DOD, TROBB, TCDR, WD and No More Lies (for the second leg in 2011 only the new songs were ''like'' a surprises)

- ME tour: ATSS + The Prisoner and SSOASS, but the were not so unlikely !

- TBOS tour: COTD and Powerslave (+ HBTN :D). For the second leg TGU was a surprise and Wrathchild - not a good one ! :confused:

Legacy of the Beast tour:....................... :p
COTD was played only during Brixton Academy shows (Clive benefit) in 2002.

I can't help but notice a trend where the surprises have been getting tamer and tamer with each tour. TFF 2010 was great, but 2011 was as safe as it could get and ME was barely any better. The latest tour's biggest surprise was probably the complete exclusion of a couple of the staples and the inclusion of two songs which were only semi-rarely played but still not particularly rare.

I'm glad Bruce acknowledged this trend, but somehow I get the feeling that despite all his hype we won't exactly have our minds blown on the next one. The staples alone will take up most of the set space so it really doesn't leave room for anything too out there. I wouldn't be surprised if FTGGOG and Flight of Icarus are it, actually.

Bruce said something about being in a rut/routine with the songs. We don’t know if he meant song choices or how they play and present them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back