KISS

It sounds more believable to me than anything else related to this album. Also, most sources point towards this, or at least not towards the opposite.

I think it is ... a lot of the engineering staff including Eddie Kramer backed that up. Paul and Ace pretty much hinted at it as well.

It doesn't sound any more or less believable to me than what Simmons said, but on the other hand, I never gave a shit to begin with.

Naturally I haven't put any of these people to a lying detector, so this is more like mathematics to me: Simmons (the outnumbered one) is the only one trying to obscure it a bit. And his opinion is the furthest from the engineering staff.

I have never heard of re-doing drums for a live album. It doesn't sound practical, unless you want to redo the whole song (reasoning that the drums are the basis).* I have never heard of drummers redoing live recordings in the studio, but I am suspicious when I listen to Halford's Insurrection, because the whole thing sounds quite studio, drums included.

* Iced Earth's Days of Purgatory has some re-recorded drums, while some guitar parts were kept! But this stuff was played much more tight than live recordings by Kiss.

Dude you know what I mean. :)
I can't prove if these people state the truth. That doesn't mean that logic and reasoning cannot provide some insight.

Dude you know what I mean. :)

Of course I do. :p

I haven't read anything but those four statements, and all I can say is that Criss' statement contradicts that of all three other band members and is the most extreme one. That doesn't mean that Simmons is right either, but maybe the truth lies in the middle of the statements of two people who obviously hate each other.

That was one of the better rock articles I have read in a while.
Thanks for posting.

In Kiss related news ... I am excited about this

===========================================

We are excited to announce the new album SPACE INVADER, Ace's first new solo album in five years, via E1 Music on June 24th, 2014.

The album will include at least nine brand new original songs as well as a cover of Steve Miller Band’s “The Joker.”

An official statement from Ace surrounding the exciting news:

“Life on Earth has been very good to me, and the body of work I’ve created over the years has withstood the test of time. Today I see no obstacles before me and my creativity has never been more fine tuned. Growing up in an Alien world has enhanced my senses and allowed me to succeed where others would have failed. The best is yet to come!”

Interesting story, some guy found an acetate recording of Ace's pre-Kiss band -- Molimo, which was a prog rock band

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2014/04/ace_frehleys_long_lost_demo.php (on page 2, you can hear clips, obviously not the greatest quality)

====
Record collector Chris Reisman was working his way through an extensive vinyl collection in a barn in upstate New York when, in the last bit of excavating, he found a box full of decades-old acetates and demos. Among them, KISS guitarist Ace Frehley's earliest known major label recordings as part of shelved psychadelic/prog-rock outfit Molimo.

Sweet ....

10155463_10151968446125378_5690599010421601433_n.jpg

I went to see Ace Frehley earlier this week. Great show, he sounded really good. Easily one of the loudest concerts I have been to in a long time, it was like he took his arena rig into the 600 seat club he was playing

A few videos from the show I was at, I did not take them, the show was about 2 hours.

King of the Nighttime World and Strutter

Shock Me/solo

NY Groove

Strange Ways

Rip it Out/Gimme a Feelin'

A few months ago I experienced something unreal, and somewhat ridiculous at the same time. I was watching a sci-fi film from 1951, called When Worlds Collide.
When-Worlds-Collide.jpg

At some point, a professor who did some research on a star approaching earth, called two of his assistants: "Paul, Stanley ..."
Now I am reading that Paul was played by an uncredited actor, called Keith Richards. But it's getting better. Later in the film someone adressed another man: "Dr. Simmons".

Really, I haven't read any KISS biography, but who knows Paul and Gene found their artist names after they'd seen this film together. ;-)

Here's the film, check the "Paul, Stanley" moment @2.51!
Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the "Dr. Simmons" moment again. :/

Last edited:
Really, I haven't read any KISS biography, but who knows Paul and Gene found their artist names after they'd seen this film together. ;-)

Paul Stanley's real name is Paul Eisen. Maybe chose the name "Paul Stanley" first and then Gene remembered this movie.

I have read a KISS bio (or one of Gene's at least) and I don't remember if he said why he picked his name.

My Dad, Gene Simmons, Is Full of Shit and So Are You

Nice article by Gene's son Nick.

"I remember the first year I passed him in height. He looked up at me, then down at my shoes, then up at me again, and said, "This is ridiculous. I don't like this." I've only gotten taller, and our interaction has only gotten more comical. If I sit across from him at a restaurant, we will inevitably bump feet. And he'll slam his forehead on the table and say something like, "Unbelievable. I can't escape." The T-Rex, the colossus, is long gone. He is just a man, and more interesting for it."

Back