KISS

Hehe, indeed. Big respect to the crew and the singer didn't miss a beat. As some YT-commenter said, he must have lots of confidence in the crew (I wonder how long it took before he was aware of this though).

No clue, you would think he would feel the heat .. but I am not going to put on a wig, set it on fire, and test out how long it takes for me to feel it

There’s a video of Gene’s hair catching on fire and he says that he didn’t realize it until there was a wet towel over his head.

22/365
200px-Kiss_destroyer_album_cover.jpg

Destroyer - Kiss

Detroit Rock City - The classic Detroit rock city kicks off the album, I'm used to the single version so hearing the extended intro and outro is a nice change. I quite enjoy this version even more than the single version. Classic tune and classic Kiss. - 10/10

King of The Night Time World - Kicking off from the crashing outro of the previous song the second track has a nice groove for the opening riff before being covered up by the vocals, overall this song is solid but not really amazing. That opening riff however is wonderful - 7.5/10

God Of Thunder - A Heavier groove kicks off Gene's first vocal track of the album, overall another solid track, Gene's vocals on this one don't really live up to Paul's on the previous two but they aren't the worst vocals from a non-lead singer taking lead that I've heard. Lyrics have a nice menacing theme to them and it works really well live.- 7.5/10

Great Expectations - This song falls flat as well for me. It started off well, but Gene's vocals on this one really aren't good. Song itself could of been really good but it just isn't - 6/10

Flaming Youth - A fast return to form following the previous track, Paul is back on the vocals, and the track benefits from this. Instrumentation is solid. Overall this song is another solid track. - 8/10

Sweet Pain - The best vocal performance from Gene, it really suits the song. Instrumentation is really strong on this one, screaming guitars behind the chorus and a nice beat going throughout the track - 8/10

Shout It Out Loud - Another classic Kiss song, great for crowd energy and overall a super fun song. Arena sized chorus and outright amazing in its simplicity yet effectiveness. - 10/10

Beth - The piano ballad lets drummer Peter Criss take the vocals and he does a solid job, a heartfelt sentimental ballad which hits its mark really well. 10/10

Do You Love Me - The final song listed on the original album, a mid paced rocker with some mid ranged vocals from Paul. Overall the song is solid but lacks creativity, which unlike on Shout it Out Loud it doesn't really hold true. - 7.5/10

Rock and Roll Party - A hidden instrumental track which ultimately serves no purpose for the album and I will not be counting it towards the ratings.

Overall 83% -> 77%

I like King of the Night Time World more than you and Great Expectations/Flaming Youth less ... but that is pretty much spot on. Damned good album. The re-release with the original Sweet Pain solo is interesting

For the first time I see Tommy Thayer with a flying V ! I think Paul had used a V in the 70's and 80's and nowadays (perhaps in the 90's too :D)

Ace also had used flying V (and Ibanez Destroyer too).

So far during this (1st leg) farewell tour they changed only one song in the setlist.

They removed Hide Your Heart mid-tour and replaced it with Calling Dr. Love

And they also play Crazy Crazy Nights instead of Do You Love Me during European leg of the tour, so far.

Last edited:
Re-listening to the Houdini album by Melvins and I totally forgot they did a cover of Goin' Blind.

This was always an odd-ball KISS track. Melvins don't actually stray too far from the original but add a bit of 1993 to the track and it's clear why they chose to cover it.

Re-listening to the Houdini album by Melvins and I totally forgot they did a cover of Goin' Blind.

This was always an odd-ball KISS track. Melvins don't actually stray too far from the original but add a bit of 1993 to the track and it's clear why they chose to cover it.

You are right, an odd-ball Kiss song, but I always really liked it. Melvins did a good cover for sure

You are right, an odd-ball Kiss song, but I always really liked it. Melvins did a good cover for sure

I always knew they had an affection for KISS since they did their own take on the KISS "solo albums", one for each member of Melvins with similar artwork as the original KISS solo albums :)

Last edited:
KISS added 90 dates for 2020 (second leg) of their farewell tour. Most of the venues are not announced yet. Check them here:

The last ever KISS concert is scheduled for July 17, 2021 in New York City... (the venue is still unknown).

They'll end the concert with ''Rock And Roll All Nite'', of course.

There's already talk around the internet that they maybe will extend it to closer 50th anniversary.
Believing Kiss how is has gone, I have zero belief that this would the final tour ever..
So, Im willing to bet they’ll do a short run of shows somewhere to celebrate and cash in on the 50th once the dust has settled on the farewell tour.

You have to be there Kal.

They announced a concert in Sofia (18 July 2020) - I think I'll be there (Priest also will have a concert in Bulgaria next year, I think in 17 July... it will be awesome to combine these two concerts). So, don't worry Wiz, I'll see KISS live next year.

I also hope for a DVD from this farewell tour - the band said it's logical to release a video from that tour (maybe live album too...).
There's already talk around the internet that they maybe will extend it to closer 50th anniversary.
Believing Kiss how is has gone, I have zero belief that this would the final tour ever..
So, Im willing to bet they’ll do a short run of shows somewhere to celebrate and cash in on the 50th once the dust has settled on the farewell tour.

Their 50th anniversary will be in 2023 (2 years after their final show). Not that it is impossible, but this time the picture is different - Gene is 70 years old, Paul is 67 years old (it's not 2001 anymore) and the band do not releases new albums and keep playing the same songs since 2004 (they do play rare songs in their KISS Kruise though). So I think they will retire this time.

Paul had talked about that he can see the band without him and Gene... (I hope not).

Their 50th anniversary will be in 2023 (2 years after their final show). Not that it is impossible, but this time the picture is different - Gene is 70 years old, Paul is 67 years old (it's not 2001 anymore) and the band do not releases new albums and keep playing the same songs since 2004 (they do play rare songs in their KISS Kruise though). So I think they will retire this time.

Paul had talked about that he can see the band without him and Gene... (I hope not).

That's why I mentioned it, it's too close to the 50th anniversary to not use that particular opportunity, to cash in again.
I've seen this happen and know that they won't still put the towel in the ring. No point, I don't believe them at all, they've used that explanation on the first Farewell tour etc.
Age is not the limit, as on this level once you have lost credibility you can cash in forever before the death. Paul's voice is in so bad shape, he should have quit long time ago unfornately.

This interview where they arrogantly react to interviewers Iron Maiden-shirt made me lost that little respect I had left of Kiss:

Back