KISS

A ''Definitive'' KISS documentary, named Kisstory, will be released in the fall.

KISS started the 2nd leg of their farewell tour.

They added two new songs to the setlist - Tears Are Falling (YESSSSS!!!) and Parasite.

Visiting a friend in Springfield, MO next week, so we scooped up cheap seats to this. Nobody ever goes to Springfield according to him, and he's never been to a major concert before, so I'm more going to watch his reaction. Plus, I figure seeing David Lee Roth opening is as close I'll ever get to seeing Van Halen, so, there's that.

KISS started the 2nd leg of their farewell tour.

They added two new songs to the setlist - Tears Are Falling (YESSSSS!!!) and Parasite.

Kalata, I was there for that wonderful show and it was AMAZING!! I haven't had time yet to write up a full review but
Parasite live WAS PHENOMENAL

Indeed, other easy highlights of the night include:
I Love it Loud, Deuce, War Machine, Cold Gin, Shout it Out Loud, 100,000 Years, God Thunder, and Psycho Circus

Kalata, I was there for that wonderful show and it was AMAZING!! I haven't had time yet to write up a full review but
Parasite live WAS PHENOMENAL

That's great! I also planning to see them. You know with KISS that the show will be amazing every time. :)

I hope they'll play ''Tears Are Falling'' when I see them - it's my favorite KISS song

Just discovered live collection that released about 4 years ago called Radio Waves 1974-1988. Contains excerpts from 4 different shows but the 1 with the best sound quality is the last one (1988 Crazy Nights tour). Paul's vocals were much better back then than now. Gene's vocals are not so great.

Since Asylum & Crazy Nights were skipped on the Alive III cd, nice to hear live songs from that era.

The Crazy Nights Tour was the worst one I have seen with them ... crap set list, they seemed dis-interested in being there, and it was really short. Even though I did not like the album Hot in the Shade, I was talked into going to the show .. and that tour was one of their better ones

Crazy Nights was my first KISS show so I had nothing to compare it to (double bill with Ted Nugent; might have enjoyed his set a bit more than KISS).

Next, on the Hot in the Shade tour, they played a free show in Galveston, but after a few songs it was canceled due to some idiots throwing things on stage at the band!

Luckily, I saw the first makeup reunion tour with the original members; it was GREAT!

The Crazy Nights Tour was the worst one I have seen with them ... crap set list, they seemed dis-interested in being there, and it was really short. Even though I did not like the album Hot in the Shade, I was talked into going to the show .. and that tour was one of their better ones
Hot In the Shade is perhaps the best Kiss tour. Fantastic setlist, great stage, and the band had a ton of energy. Revenge comes close as well, for similar reasons, but I think Hot In the Shade has a slight edge. It feels like the band is actually trying to earn it, instead of going through the motions or desperately trying to catch on to some trend. Funnily enough, the album Hot In the Shade is the total opposite. Half assed, literally unfinished songs and a couple desperate attempts at hit singles (Forever, Hide Your Heart). I actually really like Crazy Nights for what it is.

Of course it's hard to beat the early 70s stuff, but even then I think the 1990 band is much more competent as performers and players.

Hot In the Shade is perhaps the best Kiss tour. Fantastic setlist, great stage, and the band had a ton of energy. Revenge comes close as well, for similar reasons, but I think Hot In the Shade has a slight edge. It feels like the band is actually trying to earn it, instead of going through the motions or desperately trying to catch on to some trend. Funnily enough, the album Hot In the Shade is the total opposite. Half assed, literally unfinished songs and a couple desperate attempts at hit singles (Forever, Hide Your Heart). I actually really like Crazy Nights for what it is.

Of course it's hard to beat the early 70s stuff, but even then I think the 1990 band is much more competent as performers and players.

Could not agree more. They went from phoning it in to caring and putting forth a big effort. Though that is really the history of the band in some ways. Big energy in the early days to unmasked and elder to creatures through asylum...then crazy night and hot in the shade ...hot in the shade tour to the eaely reunion to caberet to a few new albums to a last cash grab tour

Damned good cover .. and this singer is not too shaby to look at

ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante has teamed up with his longtime girlfriend, Carla Harvey (BUTCHER BABIES), TESTAMENT guitarist Alex Skolnick and SUICIDAL TENDENCIES bassist Roberto "Ra" Diaz to record a cover version of KISS's 1975 classic "C'mon And Love Me", filmed they were in quarantine.

Benante uploaded a video of the performance to his YouTube channel, writing in an accompanying message: "Here is a song we put together to help remember fallen musician and KISS super-fan David Z.

"In an industry not always known for its quality of character, Dave Z shone like a bright light in the darkness. With every musical collaboration, from the arenas to the clubs, Dave forged lasting friendships, valued people over pettiness, never held a grudge and approached it all with a playful smile.

"This video debuted last night July 14th (3 years from his passing) as part of an elaborate and moving online fundraiser for David Z Foundation, started by Dave's brother @pauliezofficial. Paulie's nonprofit organization helps bring music education — which has been discarded from most US school systems — to deserving kids.

"Visit David Z Foundation on FB to view the entire event with many great performances and testimonials (5 hrs worth!) and for info on supporting.

"While the three of us — Charlie, Alex and Ra — have done several videos of music that's a bit more complex (RUSH, Dave's other favorite band), we enjoyed the chance to let loose by covering Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter. 'C'mon And Love Me' is a 70's KISS tune full of swaggering macho male innuendo, but here it gets a feminine makeover, courtesy of our vocalist, the lovely Carla Harvey.

"We hope you enjoy this track dedicated to Dave Z, whose KISS fandom was, much like his own personality and musicianship, larger than life.

KISS "End Of The Road" 2021 tour dates:

June 02 - Sportspalais - Antwerp, Belgium
June 08 - Accors Hotel Arena, Paris, France
June 10 - Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Germany
June 12 - Atlas Arena, Lodz, Poland
June 15 - Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg Germany
June 19 - Tele 2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
June 21 - Hartwell Arena, Helsinki, Finland
June 23 - Scandanavian, Gothenburg, Sweden
June 25 - Festhalle, Frankfurt, Germany
June 30 - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
July 03 - Rockfest, Barcelona, Spain
July 04 - Wizink Arena, Madrid, Spain
July 06 - Roman Arena, Nimes, France
July 08 - Schleyerhalle, Stuttgart, Germany
July 10 - O2 Arena, Prague Czech, Republic
July 12 - Arena Di Verona, Verona, Italy
July 15 - Budapest Arena, Budapest, Hungary

I believe that is what is known as a Download Festival-sized chasm in early June.

KISS "End Of The Road" 2021 tour dates:

June 02 - Sportspalais - Antwerp, Belgium
June 08 - Accors Hotel Arena, Paris, France
June 10 - Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Germany
June 12 - Atlas Arena, Lodz, Poland
June 15 - Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg Germany
June 19 - Tele 2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
June 21 - Hartwell Arena, Helsinki, Finland
June 23 - Scandanavian, Gothenburg, Sweden
June 25 - Festhalle, Frankfurt, Germany
June 30 - Hallenstadion, Zurich, Switzerland
July 03 - Rockfest, Barcelona, Spain
July 04 - Wizink Arena, Madrid, Spain
July 06 - Roman Arena, Nimes, France
July 08 - Schleyerhalle, Stuttgart, Germany
July 10 - O2 Arena, Prague Czech, Republic
July 12 - Arena Di Verona, Verona, Italy
July 15 - Budapest Arena, Budapest, Hungary

I believe that is what is known as a Download Festival-sized chasm in early June.
YnbMK3P.jpg

Back