KISS

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Forostar, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

There are reports that tracks were used on the kiss kruise.

2. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

I think it is pretty clear they were used .... you can see Paul "singing" when he was not really at the mic in a few clips

3. Mosh

Didn’t watch any of the clips but I believe it.

4. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon Rob Halford=Metal God/Bruce Dickinson=God Of Metal

Will it bother you if you go to see KISS and they use backing tracks and lip sync on the upcoming tour?

5. Yes it would bother me and yes they will use backing tracks on the upcoming tour. At least Ozzy doesn't use it and tries his best with the voice he has. I saw him this past summer in Bristow, VA and he sounded good.

6. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

7. Travis The Dragon

Travis The Dragon Rob Halford=Metal God/Bruce Dickinson=God Of Metal

8. Kalata

9. Kalata

Ace is considering putting out previously unreleased songs and demos, including from his time in Kiss.

That would be interesting. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ac...gs-and-demos-including-from-his-time-in-kiss/

''It's going to be a major undertaking. I have over 100 reels of two-inch tape, dating back to when I had my studio in Connecticut. I have all the solos to the songs on 'The Elder' because we recorded a lot of 'The Elder' at my studio in Connecticut. A lot of jam sessions, including ones with guys from Alice Cooper's band. Neal Smith, the bass player. I don't even remember half the people from these jam sessions. I'd have to revisit those tapes. I've had them locked away in a vault for years. Then it's a major undertaking because you have to bake the tapes. A two-inch tape, after a while, starts to deteriorate. What you do is you bake it in an oven. I forget the exact process. But once you bake it you get one good play out of it and then the tape starts shredding with every consecutive play. You get one good take so you transfer everything on to a hard drive and put it into Pro Tools and then you have a perfect copy. It's going to take me six months to a year to complete that project. I have unreleased photos. Over 100 cassettes of demos from Gene [Simmons], Paul [Stanley], Peter [Criss]. Rough mixes. Stuff that nobody's got. Photographs, videos. I have videos of us rehearsing in upstate New York. We used to rehearse in an airplane hanger. I had one of the first black-and-white video cameras and recorders and I had it on the road with me so I recorded some of that. I've got so much crazy stuff I have to revisit. It's going to take me a while to put that all together''.

10. Kalata

Yesterday, Kiss kicks off their ''End Of The Road World Tour'' -> http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kiss-kicks-off-end-of-the-road-world-tour-in-vancouver-video/
    Two things:
    1) I was not blown away of the stage set - lots of pyro (as always) and a big video screen (like the one that Priest and Helloween recently uses). Their classic big inscript ''KISS'' was shown only on the last song and was not part of the stage design - just part of the big video screen. Although, it has some squares above the band during the whole show, which is a nice addition and looks great.

2)Predictable setlist - some strange inclusions, needs more surprises ! But if the tour continue for 3 years, they have plenty of time to rotate songs. Imagine to play the same set of songs for 3 years in a row. :eek:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019 at 9:24 AM
  11. terrell39

terrell39 Ancient Mariner

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kiss/2019/rogers-arena-vancouver-bc-canada-7b95f27c.html

so this is the setlist they've been teasing online with surprises? Very disappointing. Sure War Machine and Hide Your Heart were unexpected, but the rest is par for the course.

If it's their final tour, they should do what Priest did on their Epitaph tour and play at least 1 song from every lp. I notice they skipped Rock and Roll Over, Asylum, & Crazy Nights!

Kalata likes this.
  12. Kalata

terrell39 likes this.
  13. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Simmons started the shit.

14. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

What a shit storm this band has become (they really always were, but what a crappy way to go out).

Simmons could have just said "we are happy with the band now, it would be cool of Ace, Peter, and Bruce came up and did some songs here or there" ... instead he took the low road and trashed Ace and Peter as a way to sell Tommy and Eric. Pretty pathetic, especially given they have been working with Ace a bit over the past several years and Ace helped Gene sell his vaults.

On the other hand, Ace would have come off better if after his groping accusations he did not end it with him demanding his job back.

Shit storm for sure.

Forostar likes this.
  15. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway (slow heavy metal music playing)

Opening night of the End of the Road tour is tonight. Will certainly be intertesting to read the reviews and reactions come tomorrow...

16. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

It was last night in Vancouver ... much lip synching occured

17. Mosh

Setlist is more or less what I expected, a couple decent surprises. Is anyone concerned about spoilers?

18. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Not I, am not seeing this tour ...

19. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway (slow heavy metal music playing)

If you could spoiler tag the setlist that would be great.

20. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Setlist

1. "Detroit Rock City"

2. "Shout It Out Loud"

3. "Deuce"

4. "Say Yeah"

5. "Heaven's On Fire"

6. "War Machine"

7. "Lick It Up"

8. "100,000 Years"

9. "God of Thunder"