Kamelot

I thought he had a side project which does not give him enough time to rehearse other material. Without him the band cannot play other songs live as well.

No, Seventh Wonder is basically inactive these days because of Kamelot. They recorded an entire album a year ago and cannot release it because of Kamelot's new album/tour schedule. He hasn't actually done anything with Seventh Wonder since recording that album, which ended at least nine months ago.

Tomi should make a full album with Arjen Lucassen. His cameo on Ayreon's latest album is better than anything he's done with Kamelot, which is mostly impersonating Khan.

Tomi should make a full album with Arjen Lucassen. His cameo on Ayreon's latest album is better than anything he's done with Kamelot, which is mostly impersonating Khan.

The Source? It’s cheesy as hell but it’s probably one of my favorite progressive albums ever. The music really touches every emotion available and throws tons of outstanding vocalists at you. Tommy and Russell Allen are at the top in my book, but most of the others are also excellent.

I heard a rumour around Easter but this is great news! Those special items are selling like hot cakes. Had to rush downstairs to tell my dad that Khan is back.

Very excited to hear ANY new music from Khan! I'll have to go back and listen to those old records again, I truly don't remember them. Let's hope this won't be a full Christian rock album.

Conception.... man, I know someone who waited for this reunion, for almost 20 years! Pretty special this. And big expectations... these guys were good.

In this interview, Tommy literally says he tries to write lower melodies and less flashy melodies on every new record because he can't sing the hard stuff every night on tour. In Seventh Wonder he can write whatever he wants because they virtually never play live so he never has to recreate it. This solidifies my belief that Tommy is not as amazing as he is cracked up to be. Great capabilities, virtually no vocal stamina.

He also says they only want to play songs that they know work live (i.e. the same 10 songs every tour) instead of things that "only 5-6 people in the audience know."

I'd much rather have great vocals on a record and less tours.

Kamelot have never had a hit as such and the songs that could be classed as almost a hit are the ones that seem to be disappearing from the set. They don’t seem to have a lot of faith in the fans if they don’t think they’d know Abandoned or Farewell. They are playing mostly stuff from the last two albums so how can they be the ones with the guaranteed reaction?

Just noticed Kamelot are playing Tempe AZ on Sunday Oct 6. Will be working in Phoenix that week so I'll just fly out a day early and catch the show!

I'm going to wait on tickets for this one until I see a setlist. I love Kamelot, but the albums are getting worse and the setlists have been stagnant for 5 years (barring new material). I'm bored of the same songs.

I haven't seen them yet. So I wouldn't feel too bad.

They're definitely worth seeing and they put on a great show. I recommend checking them out!

This will be my 5th Kamelot show (4th with Tommy), however, and I've seen them play virtually the same songs every time so I wouldn't feel bad skipping it.

Yes, he have a more important dayjob when he’s not busy with Kamelot and Seventh wonder :ok:

http://arkiv.mitti.se/2013/20/botkyrka_salem/MIBO-20130514-A-008-A.pdf

With the amount of touring/recording he's been doing in the last few years, something tells me he doesn't fight fires much anymore. Now he creates fires in the hearts of young, starry-eyed symphonic-gothers.

Back