Kamelot

I don't know a huge amount by Kamelot, but I'll definitely check this album out. They have a show in London in October but as I'll see them at Bloodstock in August I'll hold off on buying a ticket until I've seen them.

So disappointed they are only doing London once again. Last UK dates were in 2015 BEFORE the last album came out.

Jesus!

I still love his voice, but it is clear how much of a toll Kamelot took on his ability (also age). Tommy is a far superior vocalist at this point. I just wish either Kamelot or Khan were releasing interesting music.

leak-burst-pipe.jpg

:yawn:

What a boring fucking setlist. I think I'm done paying to see Kamelot after this tour.

I have serious disappointment looking at this setlist due to the choice of older, pre-Tommy material. The songs they are playing are the exact same songs they've been playing with Tommy since he joined the band - Rule the World, Pandemonium, Forever, Mephisto, Karma, When the Lights Are Down.

On the Haven tour, they played these exact same songs. On the Silverthorn tour, they played 4 of these 6 songs. Hell, even the last time they toured with Khan in the US - they played 5 of these 6 songs.

Am I seriously being that unreasonable wanting to hear some variety in the setlist? Nothing against the new stuff, which they'll obviously be promoting, but can't they throw in something else from the Khan era? I'll always be excited to hear Forever and definitely Karma, but come on guys - give us some surprises.

Also - Mindfull Remedy is on of the worst songs on the new album, Here's to the Fall is one of the worst songs on Haven.

Agreed on the set - it’s nothing special. Leaving most of the few good songs on the new album out of the set is obviously disappointing. This is worse than a Symphony X set - it’s as if they’re purposely ignoring the strongest part of their catalogue. I’m not a huge power metal fan, but those “middle” albums of their career defined their sound and are their strongest material.

Ever since Ghost Opera they’ve become a gothic pop metal band, with only a few good tracks on each album. The three albums with Tommy literally all sound the same to me. There’s no more variety.

It’s a headstratcher for sure. I would have thought that Farewell, Edge of Paradise, Abandoned, Nights of Arabia, Soul Society, The Haunting, even The Human Stain and Ghost Opera are easy enough and crowd pleasing. Karma, Forver and March of Mephisto are essential but When the Lights, Pandemonium, and Rule the World are not.
Weird that they are doing more from the last album than the new one too. Maybe they need more time to rehearse more new songs but then again they are playing a Haven song they had played ONCE before as a piano version rather than the normal version. They are touring with Delain, surely Under Grey Skies is an obvious choice?

What a boring fucking setlist. I think I'm done paying to see Kamelot after this tour.

I have serious disappointment looking at this setlist due to the choice of older, pre-Tommy material. The songs they are playing are the exact same songs they've been playing with Tommy since he joined the band - Rule the World, Pandemonium, Forever, Mephisto, Karma, When the Lights Are Down.

On the Haven tour, they played these exact same songs. On the Silverthorn tour, they played 4 of these 6 songs. Hell, even the last time they toured with Khan in the US - they played 5 of these 6 songs.

Am I seriously being that unreasonable wanting to hear some variety in the setlist? Nothing against the new stuff, which they'll obviously be promoting, but can't they throw in something else from the Khan era? I'll always be excited to hear Forever and definitely Karma, but come on guys - give us some surprises.

Also - Mindfull Remedy is on of the worst songs on the new album, Here's to the Fall is one of the worst songs on Haven.
Tommy has been too busy with other things. No time to put more effort in Kamelot.

Tommy has been too busy with other things. No time to put more effort in Kamelot.

I don't think Tommy has any control over any music Kamelot does. I think he's a hired hand who writes melodies and lyrics after the entire album has been written. Kamelot has the man in shackles. He can't contribute to the music, so he's forced to write boring vocal melodies. Hell - they won't even let his other band release music.

Looks like they played the "shortened" set for the second night now. I am actually regretting buying tickets to this so far in advance. A "best of" collection from the most recent three albums is not what I want to see (and they still left out some of the strongest songs, like Citizen Zero and Burns to Embrace).

This is what my "best of" Kamelot playlist looks like, narrowed down to 20 songs:

The Black Halo
Burns to Embrace
Center of the Universe
Citizen Zero
EdenEcho
Elizabeth III: Fall From Grace
Forever
The Fourth Legacy
Ghost Opera
The Great Pandemonium
The Haunting (Somewhere in Time)
III Ways to Epica
Insomnia
Lunar Sanctum
March of Mephisto
Rule the World
Sacrimony (Angel of Afterlife)
Soul Society

I'm sure I could probe their catalog for songs I like slightly better, but I think this is a pretty strong selection of the band's best material spanning most of their career. On this tour, they're playing just six of these. This band needs to get their priorities straight, STAT.

I don't think Tommy has any control over any music Kamelot does. I think he's a hired hand who writes melodies and lyrics after the entire album has been written. Kamelot has the man in shackles. He can't contribute to the music, so he's forced to write boring vocal melodies. Hell - they won't even let his other band release music.
I thought he had a side project which does not give him enough time to rehearse other material. Without him the band cannot play other songs live as well.

Seventh Wonder? If anything, Tommy wasting his time with Kamelot is putting Seventh Wonder behind. Kamelot is the side project to me - Tommy was in Seventh Wonder for almost a decade before joining Kamelot. Seventh Wonder are a much more interesting band in my book and are far more proficient musicians than Kamelot.

I would be 100% okay if Tommy left Kamelot due to boredom. He’s too good for their recent insistence of mediocre pop metal songs.

Back