Judas Priest

Wembley Arena strikes me as big for Priest. Nightwish with all their visuals and lights and stuff were a good fit for that size venue, but I tend to think Priest need something more cosy. They worked a treat at St George's Hall in Bradford (old style theatre).

Wembley Arena strikes me as big for Priest. Nightwish with all their visuals and lights and stuff were a good fit for that size venue, but I tend to think Priest need something more cosy. They worked a treat at St George's Hall in Bradford (old style theatre).

A Judas Priest show would work great in an arena, with the big stage, lights and screen. Problem is that they are not popular enough to headline one in the UK!

I saw Nightwish at MTelus in a 2400 person theater and Priest at a 9500 person arena.

Hmm, Wembley's capacity is only 12,500, I could have sworn it was much bigger than that, it felt huge. Arch Enemy and Amorphis looked tiny as support acts. I was thinking Priest would suit Leeds better, due to the tall and semicircular layout, however that's actually a bigger capacity. I liked their lights and big screens etc, but someone, Mosh I think it was, said he felt the whole thing looked dated and tacky. Put them in a smaller venue like 2-3,000 and they dominate.

This is the first thing that popped into my head months ago when KK said he should have been asked to play in Glenn's place on tour:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ju...ying-glenns-parts-wouldnt-have-sounded-right/
No. That is not correct. Faulkner is doing both KK and Glenn guitar parts. He could have done more or all or most if Glenn's parts and KK his own or share some stuff or whatever. KK said this in the recent interview, posted on this page by Welsh. Sorry Mr Hill you did not make sense in that comment. It sounds like a bad excuse.

I was going to buy the KK book, but I can’t think of much worse than 300 pages of this guy moaning about the band, he did it to himself.

Tipton wrote most the good stuff, and took most the solos.

KK was cool but more of a passenger in the glory years, that’s why they don’t want him back and are going from strength to strength

Faulkner is a much better guitarist than KK and is probably (along with Sneap) the reason they’ve been able to play so many deep cuts on this tour. They continue to sell tickets which means the majority of the audience doesn’t care who is in the band. There isn’t much reason to bring KK back.

I like Faulkner's playing but I also find him a poser on stage.

I take Downing's guitar work and contribution in songwriting in Priest over Faulkner's any second of when the night comes.

The way he stands, moves, the tuff "look at me" / cool / macho appearance.

I noticed it this tour more. Not much smiling.

I think he looks very cool on stage and fits Judas Priest very well. The cameras were often on him at Bloodstock Festival and his stage presence makes up for Andy Sneap's lack of stage presence.

Back