Judas Priest

I think Rob's vocals were much rougher on the DOTF tour than on Turbo tour. Perhaps the difference is due to becoming sober between tours?

Currently watching a live concert of Priest from the Jugulator tour - Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC, 31/10/98 if anyone's interested. This is actually really fucking good. Ripper sounds great, but Glenn is the real highlight. His playing here is fucking incredible, don't know if I've ever seen him so energized!

Something I've been wondering. For all of those who've been into Priest since before Halford's return: how did you feel when it was announced Halford was returning and the Angel of Retribution album was released? Overjoyed, disappointed, indifferent?

Currently watching a live concert of Priest from the Jugulator tour - Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC, 31/10/98 if anyone's interested. This is actually really fucking good. Ripper sounds great, but Glenn is the real highlight. His playing here is fucking incredible, don't know if I've ever seen him so energized!

Something I've been wondering. For all of those who've been into Priest since before Halford's return: how did you feel when it was announced Halford was returning and the Angel of Retribution album was released? Overjoyed, disappointed, indifferent?

Quite happy. Never liked the Ripper albums, loved Resurrection, and Maiden’s success had me primed and hoping for something similar.

I was happy because the classic Priest was back ! Ripper is an animal as a vocalist, but the albums were very weak - Maiden albums with Blaze were much much better. At least they have melody, duh.... ! Maiden are my favorite band and Priest are my second favorite band, so yeah, I was quite happy. :)

Angel Of Retribution is a good album, a couple of fillers, but it was a nice return to form for Priest.

Last edited:
Thanks! :)

By the way: Madness. Only 4 new songs from the brilliant Painkiller album.

edit:

What possessed him that he wanted to use that annoying effect on his voice.

Last edited:
...Maiden’s success had me primed and hoping for something similar.

Do you feel that you got it?

Angel Of Retribution is a good album, a couple of fillers, but it was a nice return to form for Priest.

You're right, AoR is a bit hit-and-miss, but some really great stuff on there. "Hellrider", "Worth Fighting For" and "Angel" are my favourites.

You're right, AoR is a bit hit-and-miss, but some really great stuff on there. "Hellrider", "Worth Fighting For" and "Angel" are my favourites.

Yep, good album ! My favorites are: Deal with the Devil, Revolution, Angel and especially Hellrider, which is heavy as hell and the solos are brutal - thrash metal at its best ! Judas Rising is also a good one.

Do you feel that you got it?
Not really. I mean, I like the material they’ve put out; the past four albums are better than four of the previous five.
But the haven’t really added to their legacy the way Maiden has.

@Ziggyplayedguitar the above deleted posts were unacceptable on this forum. The moderation team will discuss the situation further. Message me or other team members privately if you wish to discuss this further.

Back