Judas Priest

I always feel like I'm walking on eggshells when discussing Ozzy around Foro.

There's probably more money for them in going on the road with Ozzy than doing their own small-scale headline tour unfortunately...

You are probably right. At best Priest in the UK would only be able to headline venues that hold one third or one fourth of the people that the venues they will be playing supporting Ozzy can hold.

Glad that I still have never seen Ozzy in whatever capacity (Sabbath/solo). That he does not come to my country. And that Priest came here without him.

I really liked the Black Sabbath farewell gig I went to at the O2 in London. Great songs and a very good show. Sure, Ozzy sounded flat at times, the songs were downtuned and he could be seen reading lyrics from a teleprompter... Oh, wait, that also happens with Judas Priest! :lol:

On a more serious note, I dislike his entourage and feel that The Osbournes was absolutely embarrassing and cringeworthy (reality TV always is). That did not stop me from enjoying the Sabbath show though. Anyway, I would not be prepared to pay the extortionate ticket prices he would surely be charging for these UK gigs though.

Joking aside, the point I was trying to make it is that is somewhat sad that at this stage in their career Priest have to open for Ozzy rather than headline themselves.

I think KK was alluding to that as being a factor in his decision to quit in the statement that appeared somewhere on the web this week.

They didn't kick on with the return of Halford, in fact they are probably lower down the bill on festivals than they were a few years ago.

It would be better for Judas Priest at this stage of their career to headline appropriately sized venues. They can't have much time left so supporting a man decades past his use by date is very disappointing to see. I wonder if Sharon and the promoters don't think Ozzy is a big enough draw to sell enough tickets in these venues himself so needs a sweetener to entice more people to buy tickets.

I saw Ozzy this summer, and it was great. way better than the last time I seen him, which was possibly 10 years ago.

just picked up tickets there.

Seems Ticketmaster have replaced Seat Wave with a new scam whereby the best seats are now available at "market driven" prices. So at the moment if you want a good seat for Ozzy and Priest the cost is €221

just picked up tickets there.

Seems Ticketmaster have replaced Seat Wave with a new scam whereby the best seats are now available at "market driven" prices. So at the moment if you want a good seat for Ozzy and Priest the cost is €221

I saw something about Platinum Tickets earlier today. What a bunch of thieving bastards!

Would love to see Priest again in a venue that doesn't swamp them
You are probably right. At best Priest in the UK would only be able to headline venues that hold one third or one fourth of the people that the venues they will be playing supporting Ozzy can hold.
I guess the largest venue that Judas Priest could headline in the UK now would be Wembley Arena but they might need an impressive support band for it. I'm sure they'd have no problem filling Brixton Academy and the stage is big enough for a good level of production. Sabaton and Helloween had nice stage sets there.

Edit: I think Mosh has hit the nail on the head. Two old/'retro'-cool acts for the price of one.
Scorpions and Megadeth worked quite well, but with this tour I think both acts are almost too retro.

The redneck.

Not a huge fan of him as a man, especially after his comments on Maiden in 2005, but he's a good player.

It helps a guitar player to look good if a setlist opens with solos as good as Bark at the Moon and Mr Crowley!

I guess the largest venue that Judas Priest could headline in the UK now would be Wembley Arena but they might need an impressive support band for it.

That could be ambitious even with an impressive package of support bands. The 2009 Nostradamus arena tour was an absolute flop in the UK (they even had to cancel one date due to very poor sales) and they had to go back to playing smaller venues in most places on their alleged farewell tour in 2011 (support band: Queensrÿche), which became smaller for the Redeemer of Souls tour in 2015 (support courtesy of Michael Schenker's Temple Of Rock).

I'm sure they'd have no problem filling Brixton Academy and the stage is big enough for a good level of production.

That sounds feasible, although I am beginning to doubt them doing a UK headline tour.

Not a huge fan of him as a man, especially after his comments on Maiden in 2005, but he's a good player.

It helps a guitar player to look good if a setlist opens with solos as good as Bark at the Moon and Mr Crowley!

He certainly is and so is Ted Nugent.

Back