Not been seen for some time. I thought I saw him the other day, but I concluded the legs weren't thin enough. Just another bloke with long gingerish hair wearing a parka.

I've been revisiting "The Legacy", "The Talisman" and "The Book of Souls" a few times this last week. There's something in those acoustic passages that isn't in the textbook: an additional depth that goes beyond the actual music. I can practically see his hands when I hear those passages.

I've been revisiting "The Legacy", "The Talisman" and "The Book of Souls" a few times this last week. There's something in those acoustic passages that isn't in the textbook: an additional depth that goes beyond the actual music.
I would hope so, since the music itself is eerily similar...

This jam between Janick and Steve Morse (a fucking beast of a guitar player) at the beginning... Probably the best guitar playing I've ever heard from Janick. And it's improvisation. That line at 2:08 is fucking amazing.
I love those runs where he uses the whole length of the neck. And prancing in slow motion too!

I've seen another film of this performance, ages ago. At first I thought Steve Morse's hand gestures were constant instructions of what he wanted Janick to do, however I've since discovered that he just does that all the time anyway :D

Back