ISIS Thread

According to Wikipedia:

The Bataclan has been the subject of numerous threats for years because it was owned by Jews for decades (until September, 2015) and often held pro-Israel events, including celebrations for the Israeli military border forces.

Yeah, I'm not gonna go to that Israel festival in Belgrade after all... :confused:

One of the guys killed in Paris Bataclan: a journalist in a famous rock news paper, and one of the few who appreciated and covered Metal in the mainstream press.

Attachments

• 14570853.jpg
    14570853.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Turkish authorities foiled a plot to stage a "major" attack in Istanbul on the same day as the deadly gun and suicide attacks in Paris, a senior official said on Sunday.

Police on Friday detained five people in Istanbul, the source told AFP, including a suspected close associate of the notorious Islamic State (IS) group militant known as "Jihadi John" who Washington believes was likely killed in a recent drone strike in Syria.

"We believe they were planning an attack in Istanbul on the same day as the Paris attacks" on Friday, the official said on condition of anonymity. "Initial investigation shows we foiled a major attack.

Well, France is striking back!

From: http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/15/middleeast/france-announces-raqqa-airstrikes-on-isis/index.html
French fighter jets bombed a series of ISIS sites in Raqqa, Syria, on Sunday in what officials described as a major bombardment.

The airstrikes came two days after a series of terrorist attacks in Paris. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attacks, which France's President described as "an act of war."

ISIS claims Raqqa as the capital of its so-called caliphate. The targets in Sunday's airstrikes included a command center, a recruitment center, an ammunition storage base and a training camp for the terror group, said Mickael Soria, press adviser for France's defense minister.

Paris attacks: Authorities hunt for a French national

Twelve aircraft, including 10 fighter jets, were involved in the airstrikes, Soria said. Twenty bombs were dropped, he said, and all of the targets were destroyed.

An ISIS media wing claimed the sites had been abandoned before they were hit and said there were no casualties.

According to Wikipedia: The Bataclan has been the subject of numerous threats for years because it was owned by Jews for decades (until September, 2015) and often held pro-Israel events, including celebrations for the Israeli military border forces.

Wait a minute. I read that Bataclan article yesterday and didn't see that ... /me checks Wiki ... yes, that just appeared on the article today. Interesting.

Do you think that letting all these Syrian refugees into this country is a risk to our security? I don't feel very good about it because terrorists could come in along with them.

Do you think that letting all these Syrian refugees into this country is a risk to our security? I don't feel very good about it because terrorists could come in along with them.

There's always risk. From the ISIS perspective, where there's will there's a way. AQ spent years setting up 9/11; who knows yet how long ISIS spent setting up Paris.

The other side is: leave them all in Syria, nowhere to go because the world is shutting its doors? That's gonna double ISIS recruiting.

Presumption of innocence. I hope the French won't abolish it.

There's always risk. From the ISIS perspective, where there's will there's a way. AQ spent years setting up 9/11; who knows yet how long ISIS spent setting up Paris.

The other side is: leave them all in Syria, nowhere to go because the world is shutting its doors? That's gonna double ISIS recruiting.
Ya, I see what a tough situation it really is. I guess letting them come here is maybe a little better then.

Don't know how exactly American media portrays it, but it's a common knowledge for anyone that is familiar with the background of the events. United States absolutely helped ISIS get weapons. Not just them directly, some of their allies did as well. (Including Turkey) I'm afraid they might even have done it voluntarily during the time they were arming Assad opposing rebel groups. Al Nusra received weapons from other states, ISIS might have as well.

United States is directly responsible for the rise of ISIS, as are the states that allied with them during Iraq War and their arming of rebels against Assad. ISIS' foundation comes from extemism, but their strength comes from wars and chaos.

Last edited:
Don't know how exactly American media portrays it, but it's a common knowledge for anyone that is familiar with the background of the events. United States absolutely helped ISIS get weapons. Not just them directly, some of their allies did as well. (Including Turkey) I'm afraid they might even have done it voluntarily during the time they were arming Assad opposing rebel groups. Al Nusra received weapons from other states, ISIS might have as well.

United States is directly responsible for the rise of ISIS, as are the states that allied with them during Iraq War and their arming of rebels against Assad. ISIS' foundation comes from extemism, but their strength comes from wars and chaos.

I'm just surprised that some of the Western media are saying that. Usually when it comes to Middle East they just tell something about the current status and don't speak about the cause.

In other news Anonymous has published around 1000 names of alleged Islam Extremists and is trying to destroy their social media.

Words matter in ‘ISIS’ war, so use ‘Daesh’

The term “Daesh” is strategically a better choice because it is still accurate in that it spells out the acronym of the group’s full Arabic name, al-Dawla al-Islamiya fi al-Iraq wa al-Sham. Yet, at the same time, “Daesh” can also be understood as a play on words — and an insult. Depending on how it is conjugated in Arabic, it can mean anything from “to trample down and crush” to “a bigot who imposes his view on others.” Already, the group has reportedly threatened to cut out the tongues of anyone who uses the term.

Europe has let in 1,000,000 refugees so far. One of them might have been an actual Syrian national who sneaked in via the refugee process. It's literally a one-in-a-million chance.

If it's not a female voice integrated in a heavy metal song, I can't help you. It's like asking a molecular biologist for an opinion on toadstool evolution. -_-

Back