Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Didnt they said they are going to play songs that the havent played for long time?
Be quick or be dead
Only the good die young
Phantom of the opera
Bring your daughter
Die with your boots on
Afraid to shoot strangers
Killers
Still life
Murders in the rue morgue

And many others

Yeah, the TFP tour is ending in December 2024. I think next year we will see the European leg of 50 Anni/Greatest Hits tour, and in the 2026 anniversary show visit the next continents. There's a little chance for the next album in September 2026 and an album tour in 2027, maybe... but in the same way, they don't wanna record new music at all.

At the end of the day Wrathchild is not that much of a common song.

It's just that most of the time it replaces a rare song.
Well, according to setlist.fm it's in top 10 ahead of Fear Of The Dark and Running Free.

Edit: this figure might be counting cover versions as well though, so take it with a grain of salt.

I believe these are the 80s songs that have been played live before but the current lineup of Maiden hasn't played yet (please let me know if I've missed anything):

Transylvania
Strange World
Ides of March
Innocent Exile
Genghis Khan
Purgatory
Twilight Zone
Total Eclipse
Still Life
To Tame a Land
Losfer Words
Back in the Village (allegedly)
Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Sea of Madness
Infinite Dreams

Every “retro” tour since the reunion has had at least one (often more) songs that the lineup hadn’t played yet. As the list gets smaller, I wonder what kind of surprises they might bring out next. To me, Still Life and Infinite Dreams stand out as clear contenders to show up on a future nostalgia tour. Otherwise they might dig into songs that haven't been played live before, which honestly I would say is more likely than at least half of the songs on this list being played live in the future.

I believe these are the 80s songs that have been played live before but the current lineup of Maiden hasn't played yet (please let me know if I've missed anything):

Transylvania
Strange World
Ides of March
Innocent Exile
Genghis Khan
Purgatory
Twilight Zone
Total Eclipse
Still Life
To Tame a Land
Losfer Words
Back in the Village (allegedly)
Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Sea of Madness
Infinite Dreams

Every “retro” tour since the reunion has had at least one (often more) songs that the lineup hadn’t played yet. As the list gets smaller, I wonder what kind of surprises they might bring out next. To me, Still Life and Infinite Dreams stand out as clear contenders to show up on a future nostalgia tour. Otherwise they might dig into songs that haven't been played live before, which honestly I would say is more likely than at least half of the songs on this list being played live in the future.
Those are the best case scenarios. There's also the chance that they'll only play songs that have been played since the reunion. Nothing is guaranteed, unfortunately.

Those are the best case scenarios. There's also the chance that they'll only play songs that have been played since the reunion. Nothing is guaranteed, unfortunately.
Well, when you consider we're 15+ years past the last time some songs have been played (Rime) there are plenty of understandable repeats. But I do think the band has shown a real interest into digging into their catalog a bit each tour. I would feel comfortable betting on at least one song from that list getting played in a future tour OR a never before played song.

Not going to happen for sure. If at first there were unofficial confirmations about this, now it's official.
Yeah, since Bruce used the word ''making'' about the plans. Anniv tour is more and more likely. I think they will never do 3-years tours again. I hope so. The 2026 tour will be big in terms of the dates, the tour won't be different than the 2025 one.
The fact they're waiting this long to release another album it can means two things:
- They are not worried at all about reaching the end of their carreer.
- They're at the end of their carreer and no new album will be released.
As I've said before (and Bruce's recent interviews and mentions of having a lot of ideas/work to do in the next few years, plus probably throwing a hint for a new Maiden album in 2026/2027 and his next solo album), I don't think the band will ever lose the desire for making new music, and a delay later than 2026 would be weird for them. Touring can be a priority now - With new album recorded and released. I think Nicko changed their plans.
Have we nailed down exactly what the band are doing in early 2025 that rules out album recording?
They can find time if they want (early or later in the year), but I think they'll potentially record in early 2026, with a release in the fall because that's what they usually do in recent years.
Wrathchild
Well, in one of this year's interviews for his solo album, Bruce said that Wrathchild is one of his favorite songs to play live, so... and it can be like CIPWM for this tour.
Well, when you consider we're 15+ years past the last time some songs have been played (Rime) there are plenty of understandable repeats. But I do think the band has shown a real interest into digging into their catalog a bit each tour. I would feel comfortable betting on at least one song from that list getting played in a future tour OR a never before played song.
This. And after playing Alexander, everything is possible. Some band members also expressed a desire to play more deep cuts.
Plus an Anniv tour would allow them to choose whatever they want from all albums. Excluding the 90's albums, there are plenty of Reunion songs that can be played live again.
Bruce doing solo shows before and after Maiden's tour plans next year, he has a packed schedule , wasting a few months to record an album isnt in the plan. He made that clear enough when he dismissed the idea of new Maiden in 2025
Wasting? Wow. And Bruce to do 3 different legs of tours next year?? He said a new Maiden album isn't planned for next year, but that doesn't mean they can't record it next year with a planned release in 2026. And in this interview he talked about this year.

I think they will surprise us again. Just a strange feeling, but also some strange things happening, among other things Steve, who usually likes to play with even 2 bands when he goes on tour, but this summer is doing almost nothing at all...

I think they will surprise us again. Just a strange feeling, but also some strange things happening, among other things Steve, who usually likes to play with even 2 bands when he goes on tour, but this summer is doing almost nothing at all...

That we know of*.

I bet he's recording the new BL album.

Neither an album tour, nor a hits or anniversary tour:

They'll play a solo tour, where the setlist consists entirely of songs from the various solo projects, like Bruce's albums, British Lion and Smith/Kotzen.

:D

Adrian and Nicko are in France (Monaco I think).
Steve should be in Europe.
Bruce too (but he's got gigs in the UK very soon).

I don't know what you're gonna do with this.

Adrian and Nicko are in France (Monaco I think).
Steve should be in Europe.
Bruce too (but he's got gigs in the UK very soon).

I don't know what you're gonna do with this.
Bruce is resting and probably jetlagged.

Nicko is celebrating his 35th wedding anniversary.

Adrian is removing wildlife from French lakes.

Steve is likely working on something British Lion related.

So, if Janick is seen anywhere in Europe that's not the north of England or London and Dave is seen anywhere but Hawaii, there might be something.

But as of now, it's just a coincidence.

Back