Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I heard things regarding a Powerslave themed tour but that was connected to a new Legacy tour with SIT connected.

But then Future Past happened..

I think it's very possible that we'll see a tour next year with Rime, Alex and 7th Son played.

TFP had Time Machine, Celts and Hell On Earth. LOTB had Clansman FTGGOG and SOTC. Both tours had 3 songs around the same length as Rime, Alex and 7th Son are.

I really think they might go all in next year (if the booking stadiums rumour in Europe is true). I also think that some songs from TFP will remain and we will see less of a setlist overhaul than from LOTB to TFP. I also think RTTH might be retired.

Few more bold predictions, just for fun:

- Children Of The Damned, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Flight Of Icarus and Number Of The Beast will return to the setlist next year.

- Hallowed won't be played yet again.

- Seventh Son will be the sole representative of the album.

- Wasted Years will remain the show closer.

- The Writing On The Wall will remain in the setlist.

- One of the trio Rime - Alex - 7th Son will be in the encores.

- Trooper will be played in the "standard" place again (3rd to 6th song)

Here's my bizarre, unfounded, pulled it outta my ass just now prediction: 2MTM is done. It sounds too topical these days which is why it was axed in 2022 despite Adrian even having a guitar solely dedicated for it previously and it won't come back as a result because it sounds too morose in the context of the world we live in now.

Here's my bizarre, unfounded, pulled it outta my ass just now prediction: 2MTM is done. It sounds too topical these days which is why it was axed in 2022 despite Adrian even having a guitar solely dedicated for it previously and it won't come back as a result because it sounds too morose in the context of the world we live in now.
I might agree with this if they weren't currently playing Hell On Earth at every show.

Generally mainstream press in the States is focused on American artists. Just a business.
This isn’t really true at all*, but to add context:

Maiden was a fixture on MTV, they were actually one of the first videos shown on the original MTV broadcast. When Headbangers Ball started Maiden were heavily featured there as well.

Maiden made an aggressive play for the states early on touring as early as 1981 culminating in multiple trips to the USA for the World Slavery Tour commemorated on Live After Death (mostly recorded in the USA).

While metal music in general was largely ignored by taste making magazines like Rolling Stone, the guitar playing trade magazines was a bastion for Metal and was where Maiden received a lot of their press in the 80s.

The idea that Maiden were ignored by the mainstream in the US is a myth created by their PR machine. It’s easily debunked by plenty of historic records as well as first hand accounts by Americans, particularly those who were following them in the 80s.

*Going off topic here, but America has a long history of covering groups outside of the USA. In the 60s, 80s, and 90s there were infamous waves of British artists championed by mainstream music press including The Beatles, Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Phil Collins/Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Radiohead Oasis, countless others. Also Brazilian and Indian music in the 60s. Even now KPop music is a dominant mainstream music in the USA, with many retailers carrying only physical media from kpop artists. “Import music” is a huge part of the American mainstream.

I haven't read through everything so dunno who's said what when but here's what I think.

Bruce said in the Stereogum interview "we’ve got plans for Maiden going through until the end of ’26."

He also says there's no Maiden album to be released in 2025.

So I think it will be a 2yr touring cycle in 2025/6. Europe 2025, elsewhere 2026. Rime and/or 7th surely to be played, as per Bruces mentions. Probably finishing with 2 or 3 sold out shows in London at the end of 2026, one last hurrah. Then retirement. Or a new album. Perhaps they dont even know themselves and wont know until they've had a break at the end of 2026. My inner vibes are saying "retirement."

Back