IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wingman: I hope so!
@Brigantium: yeah, weird.
@Yax: Yes, that's what the official site also said, a while back.

The U.K. edition of the Sonisphere festival will take another year off in 2013.

A statement from the organizers reads as follows: "The three Sonisphere festivals to date at Knebworth in 2009/2010/2011 set a very high standard and indeed 2011 was voted the best festival line up by the UK Festival Awards. We think it is really important that the event only runs when it has a lineup that sets it apart from the competition whilst also carrying a ticket price that allows us to offer real value for money to the music fans. We were hoping to do that in 2013 but unfortunately it wasn't possible to fulfil both aims with the principle problem of there being a lack of available headliners of the calibre of previous festivals at Knebworth. We made offers to over a dozen major artists but for various reasons none of these offers lead to securing a strong bill. The good news is that the Sonispheres in Amneville, France and Milan, Italy are already on sale and UK fans who fancy jumping on a budget airline and seeing the mighty IRON MAIDEN at Sonisphere festivals in sunnier climates can buy tickets via SonisphereFestivals.com in pounds sterling."

Good news, I got my tickets for the Gdansk show in the mail today .. bad news, it looks like the post office dropped the envelope in a puddle and they are pretty damaged. Emailed to see if I can get replacements. Since I do not speak a word of Polish, I am concerned that if there are issues scanning the tickets, it will be difficult to get into the show.

Good news, I got my tickets for the Gdansk show in the mail today .. bad news, it looks like the post office dropped the envelope in a puddle and they are pretty damaged. Emailed to see if I can get replacements. Since I do not speak a word of Polish, I am concerned that if there are issues scanning the tickets, it will be difficult to get into the show.

If the barcode is at least somewhat eligible, I would think you'd be ok.

When I went to the Indianapolis show on July 19, it was POURING rain leading up to the event. Both me and my friend's tickets were soaked by the time we got from our vehicle to one of the gates, and they scanned/checked them fine.

I think they will be okay, but I am being extra careful since there will be a language barrier at the event. If it were in the US, I would probably not bother and just go and know I could work it out at the customer service desk

I think they will be okay, but I am being extra careful since there will be a language barrier at the event. If it were in the US, I would probably not bother and just go and know I could work it out at the customer service desk

I wouldn't be too concerned about the language barrier. Actually a lot of us speak English nowadays. Not to mention customer service workers.

But of course - better get it straight right now. I would do the same.

That sounds good to me. I've got the CD that came in the VHS double pack and it always bothered me that the CD didn't include the full show. I hope they include Bruce's rantings as well.

I don't have Maiden England in any form, since I don't have a VCR, didn't want to track down the CD, and I knew it would be released soon to coincide with the tour. So I'm very excited for it to be released.

A DVD/CD bundle would be cool, similar to what they released in the 80's.

The VHS to DVD version I got from bit torrent some time ago has served me well, but it will be nice to see the actual DVD release which will probably have the quality improved.

Quality is one thing, what I'm really looking forward is the surprises Steve promised will be included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back