IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
New date announced, this time in Slovakia!

Maybe this is the first of several announcements to come? They haven't nearly filled up the summer yet. Still hope for a Norway date, then.

And another album even further down the road; if at all...

Why? The new tour date was added in the middle of a nearly packed June schedule. That time was never meant for album writing anyway. Regardless of whether they extend the tour far into September or decide that they have enough dates now (unlikely!) I don't think there will be any album work until next year. I agree on the "if at all" sentiment, but not because of today's announcement of a Slovakia show.

Ever since they announced the Austria show early December, I think they have been planning to add more tour dates all along, but today's announcement confirms it. Over the next couple of weeks I guess we'll see many more July dates added to the tour schedule. In fact, I'll be rather surprised (or disappointed) if that doesn't happen.

I'm still anxiously awaiting another possible round of US cities, basing it on two things:
1) The fact they they usually hit up Florida during their venture from Europe to South America, or vice versa. That has been the pattern for the past two tours.
2) I've been watching a lot of footage from several of the US concerts from over the summer lately, and Bruce said a few times that they'd "be back next year"...

If anything, I'm hoping for at least the one or two Florida concerts... I would plan a vacation down there in correlation of when Iron Maiden would play there.

Wingman --I was just responding to Sebas, who mentioned "2014". I'm thinking, that's way, way out from TFF. I'd really hoped for the touring to stop this year & for an album to be out by then.

I live in Florida and traveled for the 2012 tour. If they come back (maybe the 1-800 Ask Gary Ampitheatre or the Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa; I live about an hour away from there. And yes, those are the real names of the venues) here I would be thrilled to get an opportunity to see them again (I've only seen them the once).

Yeah 425, I am hopefully awaiting possible Florida dates as well. I live up in Illinois, but my friends and I are willing to travel and take a little vacation down to Florida if they happened to come there.

On the Somewhere Back In Time tour, they toured the US in the summer of 2008, skipping Florida, but hit it up as the final SBIT show in April of 2009.

Same deal with The Final Frontier tour; they toured the US in the summer of 2010, skipping Florida, and then hit it up for two concerts in April of 2011.

So, if the pattern remains, we should have one or two Florida concerts sometime this spring/summer (or so I hope)

Voodoo Six To Support Iron Maiden On Tour, Reveals Album Details

British rockers Voodoo Six are excited to announce they will release new album "Songs To Invade Countries To" worldwide on April 29th via Universal Music, before embarking on the biggest tour of their career so far as main support to metal legends Iron Maiden on European dates. Prior to their dates with Iron Maiden, Voodoo Six will also be heading out on a run of headline U.K. club shows throughout March and April. Full details are available after the jump.

Iron Maiden founder and bassist Steve Harris comments: "I've been keeping an eye on Voodoo Six for a while now and they've produced a cracking new album with real promise. It's great to support true British up and coming talent such as theirs and it'll be a pleasure to have them out with us on tour."

Voodoo Six vocalist Luke Purdie adds: “This is a huge deal for us and an amazing opportunity to support arguably the most iconic band in metal history. We came up with the album title ‘Songs To Invade Countries To’ ages ago since we’ve been wanting to get our music across to European shores for a long time - but it’s been made a reality now that we’ve been chosen to support Iron Maiden on these dates. It’s going to be a very exciting year!”

"Songs To Invade Countries To" will consist of 11 tracks mixed by Tony Newton & Pedro Ferreira (The Darkness, Enter Shikari, Therapy?) and mastered by Ade Emsley (Iron Maiden, Steve Harris). The album release will be preceded by the release of brand new single "Sink Or Swim" on March 4th. Check out a video for the single below. The full album's track listing is as follows:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back