IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Maiden are confirmed to headline Sonisphere Italy which takes place in Milan at Fiera Milano Live Rho on Saturday 8 June, and Sonisphere France which takes place at Snowhall Park, Amneville, North Eastern France on Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 June.

Tickets go onsale Friday Nov 16 at 9am (GMT).

Could this be the first time since 1999 that they play a place in France other than Paris-Bercy?

Could this be the first time since 1999 that they play a place in France other than Paris-Bercy?
I looked it up. In 1999, Maiden played Bercy for the first time since 1988 (SSOASS-Tour). After 1999, they did various other venues. 2005 (The Early Days Tour) was the last time Maiden played another French venue:
25-Jun-2005 Paris, Parc des Princes – FRANCE

And 2003 (Dance of Death Tour) was the last time they did not play in Paris:
18-Dec-2003 Amnéville, Galaxie – FRANCE

So after 10 years again Amnéville! Earlier post-1999 cities in France:
Strasbourg & Saint-Étienne (June 2000, BNW-Tour)
Toulon & Toulouse (May 2003, Give Me Ed Til I'm Dead-Tour)

In some pages they say that they probably are going to release all the remaining dates the 28 or 29, days that was recorded the Maiden England dvd... I hope for it...

How long do you think the tour will be? Do you think it will just be in June and July, or it will also include August?
I'm starting to get really concerned.

Poland dates have been added.
:O

Oh, yeah! That's unexpected! It's been a while since they've played other place than Warsaw here. And now it's two dates! And closed venues!!! No festival this time - great. In 2011 Maiden came here for Sonisphere, and for me, who was interested only in them, it was kind of tiring to wait thorough all the bands. Plus Łódź is much closer to my city than Warsaw. Half the distance, more or less.

What a perfect surprise... Just couldn't be better! Can't wait.

Yeah... And six Polish dates in a row (1986) seem so unreal now... ;) Shame I "wasn't around" back then. :P

Looks like I will be going to the show in Gdansk, working that for our summer vacation. Really stoked.
Very cool. I had a buddy who was vacationing on a Greek island a few years back when he got wind of them playing in Athens. He dropped his vacation plans cold, not to mention about a thousand dollars on transportation and accommodation to see the show. The same guy planned his family vacation to Disneyland based on when Maiden was playing L.A. I just say he's damned lucky his wife is also a big fan.

Very nice, bearfan. And an interesting city. Planning to travel around a bit? Cities? Nature? (WWII-)History? Also going south further into Poland (e.g. Krakow?) or west to Germany?

Very nice, bearfan. And an interesting city. Planning to travel around a bit? Cities? Nature? (WWII-)History? Also going south further into Poland (e.g. Krakow?) or west to Germany?

We have not really planned the trip put yet, except that we will be spending the 4th of July with Maiden :) This is going to be a father son trip, I have been to Europe a few times, but my kids have not, I told them I would take them individually when they each graduated High School.

I was supposed to take my son last year, but getting ready for college made that difficult, so we were planning on going this year and he wanted to include the Maiden tour in the plans (we saw them here in Dallas this past summer).

Of the cities they are playing at times we could go, Gdansk looked the most interesting, it has certainly been at the center of important events in the 20th Century from WWII to Solidarity as well as prior to the 20th Century. It looks like a very nice city from the pictures and the exchange rate there makes it a bit more economical as well than the UK or countries on the Euro

A few years ago, I went with my Dad to some cities in Eastern Germany (near Erfurt) where are family originated, there are also some towns in what used to be Germany, now in Poland that we have some family history, so we most likely go there, we'll be flying in and out of Warsaw, so we will spend some time there as well. Beyond that, need to research. I'm not exactly "Mr. Nature" , so I think we will primarily be hitting cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back