IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the focus on America these days, would it really have killed them to just to do a handful of UK dates on the way across the pond again before wrapping this tour up for good? Even if it was just Glasgow & the NEC?

Kansas City and St. Louis shows were absolutely phenomenal. St. Louis was much better than Kansas City; the crowd did not seem that into it at all in Kansas City. Me and my two friends were practically the only three people in our entire section that were rocking out consistently. Bruce didn't hardly do any rants to talking outside of the songs, and the entire concert felt very rushed (almost as if Iron Maiden just wanted to be done and gone from there); there were hardly any breaks between the songs, they just went right into the next one immediately upon the previous one's finish. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of the crowd.

It was completely opposite in St. Louis, however. Just about everybody all around me (as far as I could see) were constantly fist pumping and singing along to the songs/choruses. Bruce talked a lot longer than he did in Kansas City, and the band seemed to take their time and just seemed much more into it. Again, I never thought I'd ever be able to hear Bruce say, "Scream for me, St. Louis!"

Hopefully the reception we gave them Sunday night will make them return here regularly now on future tours. Every seat was sold out (7,000 right there), and there were probably another several thousand people back in the lawn section. What a joyous return to St. Louis after 13 years.

the crowd did not seem that into it at all in Kansas City. Me and my two friends were practically the only three people in our entire section that were rocking out consistently. Bruce didn't hardly do any rants to talking outside of the songs, and the entire concert felt very rushed (almost as if Iron Maiden just wanted to be done and gone from there); there were hardly any breaks between the songs, they just went right into the next one immediately upon the previous one's finish. I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of the crowd.
I felt the same way about Milwaukee last year, as if the subpar audience energy really put a damper on the attitude of the band, Bruce in particular.

Saw them last week in Raleigh. The whole audience was bent to Bruce's will and the band was on fire. It's between this show and the Rush concert I went to back in May as the best concert I've personally ever been to. I will say though that IM has the best live song performance award in my book. Seventh Son was insane.

The Austin show last night was spectacular. The facility they played in is pretty new .. the only negative was the parking situation, but the facility itself and the sound were really good.

The place was packed and the crowd was really into it, one of the better audiences I have been in in recent years. Megadeth was really good, they played great and had a cool short setlist.

The only Maiden mishaps were

During
Prisoner, they started playing the intro video again. It took a minute or two to get the correct intro on
and during
ATSS
there was a problem with the drum set, the tech had to come on stage during the song to fix it. The song was not halted, but Steve kept running over there to see what was going on and kicked the tech (lightly) in the back of the leg a few times, I presume to hurry him up.

during
ATSS
there was a problem with the drum set, the tech had to come on stage during the song to fix it. The song was not halted, but Steve kept running over there to see what was going on and kicked the tech (lightly) in the back of the leg a few times, I presume to hurry him up.
From what I saw on youtube, it looks like Nicko cracked a crash cymbal mid-song!

Today I'm going to Vegas to see Iron Maiden, and Megadeth, even though I have a cold and my throat is in so much pain. But whatever it isn't serious enough to miss Maiden. I will write a review when I get back on.

I once went to see Alice Cooper while recovering from the flu. A lot of people went with Cooper makeup, but I daresay that out of the people in the audience, I looked the most like him that night.

For anyone who can't make it to the concerts, someone at the Austin show spent the entire night not enjoying themselves...

...so that we could see the entire set on YouTube!

Wow... and that close, too! That's pretty amazing. I'm more surprised that he got away with doing the entire show, and that no one asked him to stop at one point.

In St. Louis, people were allowed to bring small cameras in (and then, of course, there's a camera on just about any phone nowadays). But what's weird is, every now and then when I noticed somebody recording in the vicinity in front of me, a security guard would come over after a minute or two, whisper something to that person, and they would then put the camera away...

Guards were contradicting the amphitheater's own rules, I guess. Not really sure what that was all about.

Yeah, anymore it's incredibly easy to get good quality video with your cell phone (especially if you're that close, the lighting is great). Granted, the sound in these videos isn't very good, Bruce and Steve sound great, but everything else is way too quiet.

It's more shocking that someone would spend the entire show that close to Maiden and be too busy worrying about their cell phone camera. Now, I've done my share of recording video at shows, but...it's Maiden. You're fifteen feet from Adrian Smith. Put the damned thing away and enjoy yourself!

It's more shocking that someone would spend the entire show that close to Maiden and be too busy worrying about their cell phone camera. Now, I've done my share of recording video at shows, but...it's Maiden. You're fifteen feet from Adrian Smith. Put the damned thing away and enjoy yourself!

I agree. I very rarely take video at concerts (the way I see it, you could probably find most to the entire concert on youtube after a couple days anyway); the most I do is maybe snap a picture here and there, and that's just because to show people where I was standing, etc.

Especially during an Iron Maiden concert, I would never want to be looking at my phone/camera more than the stage itself. I took a fair amount of pictures at the Kansas City concert, I'll admit, but for St. Louis I just left my phone in the car; because I didn't want any possible distractions.

Ive only ever recorded one video at a concert (biffy clyro at soni 2011, that golden rule) i dont think id do it again. Usually i know the setlist so i choose one song and take at least 10 or so good pictures and then thats it. Save the rest for after the final song, unless the bands metallica where they have at least 2 ballady songs in so 2 songs to take pics. For Iron Maiden, if im sitting il take a few pics here and there usually when Brucey is speaking, if im standing usually i do the same of picking 1 song. Im not one for recording as my hands shake and i feel like im distracting other crowd members. I just like to get taking pictures out of the way, put me phone away and watch the band play.

The guy who filmed the Austin show is my hero! :D

Though, I can't see how anyone can do that and for an entire show. I know I couldn't. That would ruin the experience for me. Plus, I'd be too much in shock being that close to even move.

Last edited:
Iron Maiden will be streamed and on Brazilian TV next sunday. http://multishow.globo.com/Rock-In-Rio-2013/Noticias/DIA-7--22-09---o-que-esperar.shtml is the tv report and proof they will be on tv.
this is the YouTube link to Iron Maidens day. All days main stage acts are being broadcasted so if you a fan of Beyonce, David Guetta then tonights your favourite night haha. Il be testing my Recording software tonight to make sure i can get it fullHD in preparation for the constant recordings next week, and muse tomorrow. Thought id put it here for anyone who wants to watch the stream, Metallica got 3 million viewers last year broke the record, so hopefully this year Iron Maiden can get more than that chap who did that space fall thing.

My thoughts from the first US tour in Raleigh.
I've got to say, after the intro and the flames go up....my memory is a bit hazy. I'm not sure I stood still at all.
I was somewhat shocked how tame the crowd was, especially in the pit. I'd bet money they can't wait to get out of the States and play south of the border.
Everything was great as far as the band goes - sound was very good. I could have used some more bass out in the seats, but otherwise it was great.

I just got back from Vegas, the show was great. Best one I've seen yet.
Megadeth was really cool, it was my first time seeing them. All I can really say is that is was really loud. I could hardly hear the guitars but as the show progressed the mix got a bit better. Overall way better than Coheed and Cambria
Highlights : Kingmaker, Peace Sells, Holy Wars

This was the best Iron Maiden show I've seen, They were on top of it all night long. During Two Minutes to Midnight Bruce chewed out some guy. Every song was just great. And if Iron Maiden was entertaining enough, the guy next to me was hilarious to watch. He would headbang really hard during one song then he'd take a break, but then on the next one he'd be doing it again. I must say it is very entertaining to watch someone headbang Slayer style to the middle of Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Speaking of Seventh Son during the beginning some guy in front of me proposed to his girlfriend right when the song started. The show was very entertaining to watch.
Highlights: 11:58pm, Seventh Son, Phantom of the Opera, Aces High, Fear of the Dark, Iron Maiden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back