IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi, I hate summer tours, if only because it means the band is always playing at an outdoor amphitheater where the sound is shit. I think it's the only time they tour the US anymore, though. Does anyone remember what the last non-summer Maiden tour was in the States?

It's a shame but they do it because they can reach many people in as few places as possible.....US amphitheaters in the US, EU Festivals in the summer....etc

Setlist.fm too. They played Australia in February in 2011, I think it was. But being southern hemisphere, that was probably summer too.

Whoa, yeah. I'm not sure how people took my previous post, but please believe me when I say I meant absolutely nothing by it. Was just explaining my own situation when Iron Maiden tours the US.

I understand some people just can't get the time off of work, or have other obligations with their money. I didn't mean anything by what I said; was just commenting that I try and do my damnedest to see them when they come.

This summer tour, for example, we've known about since April. I had no problem getting time off of work for September, and saving back $20-30 every check leading up until now. Then again, I admit right now, I have no life. I have no major obligations outside of work (which I already got off) and school (which I don't have on the weekend, coincidentally when the two concerts are coming up). I have no family, and I have no children, so I can only worry about me.

So as MrKnickerbocker stated, the circumstances are different for everyone. Am I a bigger Iron Maiden fan because I am seeing them in a week and Moonchild isn't (that's just an example)? Hell no, and I didn't ever mean to imply this, if I did.

No one actually said the words but it's just the impression I got from the posts and that's just how I felt on the matter.

No hard feelings to anyone here. :)

Dammit! You better smile! It's not that hard, see? :D But wait, this is a Maiden forum. We're not suppose to smile. Because Maiden is metal and metal is serious.

Dammit! You better smile! It's not that hard, see? :D But wait, this is a Maiden forum. We're not suppose to smile. Because Maiden is metal and metal is serious.

tumblr_m2mlfbyEXO1rs6cfdo1_400.gif

Damn! I wanted to take part in the only interesting conversation we've had on the forum in months. Now it's too late for me to join because people have shaken hands, patted backs and liked posts. <_<

Last edited:
I'd say that I'm completely with Sixes and Demigod_Tyek here.
We all know that Maiden have one, maybe two tours left in them at the most. Shows are announced at least three months in advance. I think this is more than enough to make work and travel arrangements and to put some money aside. Yes, it's not as easy as having them play in your back yard, but if you really wanted to see them live, you'd just do it.

I wish Maiden would do some non-summer tours in the US, not only for the sound, but to get out of the heat, and if you have to travel ... it is off-season.

But, like anything else, it is a matter of choice ... do I spend my money/time on a Maiden concert or something else. Even if the actual dates are not announced, we do know at least the general time when the tour be in a general area to at least make sure cash is available during that time.

It seemed fairly well known in the summer of 2012 that they would be in Europe in the summer of 2013

I've said what I've said and there's no need for me to beat a dead horse. I will say this: if I would have been more prepared, yeah, I probably would have seen Maiden this tour but I wasn't so oh well, my loss. I've learned my lesson, so to speak, so I will make sure I'm more prepared for the next time they come around. I'm not crying over the fact I can't see them or anything. It sucks, yes, but it's like, I've accepted it and moved and I'll be ready next time and making damn sure, at all costs, that I'm going to see them. :)

I've accepted it and moved and I'll be ready next time and making damn sure, at all costs, that I'm going to see them. :)

Sweet, you have made it to the last step. Good job!

7 Stages of Grief...

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

2. PAIN & GUILT-

As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just bring him back")

4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

7 Stages of Grief...
5. THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.

6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back