IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bearfan: He said the same thing about the Denver show. I'm wondering if they're trying to get bigger venues for the next tour. They do a bunch of ampitheaters.

I was just thinking the same thing.

I am in Illinois, so the times I have seen them it has been in Chicago. In 2008 (the first time I'd seen them live), they played at this AMAZING indoor stadium called the Allstate Arena. It was absolutely amazing; seated about 15,000 people (and it was a sold out crowd), was the perfect temperature inside, and the crowd was so loud my ears were ringing the entire show. It was deafening.

Then, for both 2010 and 2012, they changed the venue to the First Midwest State Amphitheater, which is an outdoor venue. And since both of these concerts took place in July, it was probably upwards of 100+ degrees in 2010 and 2012. Bruce's shirt was SOAKING wet by the time they started the encore. It looked like he could have just jumped into a pool fully clothed.

During the song
Running Free
, he had stopped singing for about a 20-30 second period and had pulled his shirt up to wipe the sweat off of his face.

And the sound was appalling compared to the Allstate Arena... I question WHY they think the Amphitheater is the better place to play than the Allstate Arena?

Then again, you guys certainly seem to be prepared to travel damn far & it's a big place.

The nearest place they play for me is Chicago, which is about 350 miles to my north. It's about a 5-6 hour drive. They used to visist St. Louis, Missouri, on most of their tours. This would be so convenient, since St. Louis is only 30 miles away from me, but alas they have not played in St. Louis since 2000...

So, it's always been Chicago we've flocked to when they tour here. It wasn't until just this last year, when a friend and I had discovered that Indianapolis was actually closer to us than Chicago was (Indianapolis being about 300 miles away, to the east). So, with only like four days left before the Indianapolis concert on July 19, we got two of the few remaining tickets left and planned a whole new road trip (and took the time off of work)... in the heat of the moment, just to go see Iron Maiden again.

The possible Florida date ha the potential to be the longest route yet, though. My friends and I have already planned the trip out, if they happen to come there this year. My sister thinks we're crazy, ah, what does she know? Florida is about 1,000+ miles away... is it worth it to just see a band play? Most people would say no, but most people don't have the kind of love I have for this band.

I wish I'd thought of this before (before most of the place sold out), but I could have gone to Amsterdam. The flights, ticket and hotel combined would be cheaper than a Download weekend ticket alone.
Driving any distance out of town isn't an option for me because I don't have transport.

Noooo, I don't have that kind of cash, I'm afraid!
Paying in chunks for ticket, flights and hotel for Amsterdam would have been possible, but £200, plus travel, is out of my reach! I thought about a day ticket, but transport is just too difficult

I'm thinking if you don't mind to live cheap you could find some cheap hostels in Amsterdam rather than hotels, if you just wanna sleep and then travel back home. :yes:

Yeah or that! I'm sure there are enough places to go and see until the very early early morning...Just perhaps watch out that you're not too wasted so that they won't let you board the plane :D

£200.. WTF??

That's the cost of a full weekend ticket for Download, with camping. The arena-only ticket is £170, a single day ticket will be less than that, but then you've got hotel and travel costs to think about. Every affordable hotel and guest house within a ten mile radius was booked up a long time ago.

I checked the Amsterdam hotels, and it was possible to get a £50 room for a night (assuming the BF goes too and we split the cost). The Amsterdam ticket is £50, and I think budget airline flights from my local airport will come in at about £60-70 with tax. There's only tickets left for two areas, though, which makes me think it's restricted views

I have a friend in Amsterdam. Cool guy. You want me to contact him if he could offer you his sofa?? Alternatively you can just sing up to couch surfing and find a sofa by yourself ;)

Ha ha, thanks 5! I think I'm just going to have to write this tour off and hope for something I can get to in future ;)

Also, apparently camping at Download is getting pretty dodgy. Never camped myself, but I guy I know went a few years ago & said people had their tents set on fire & all sorts of nonsense. I just canny afford to take the time off, or that ticket price...

Without wishing to put a complete downer on the whole event, I seem to remember it earned the nickname 'Drownload' last year because of flooding. Mind you, the same goes for a lot of events last summer

Yip. All in, what with it's reputation, the fact that I have no real interest in seeing anyone else on the bill, the fact that's it's miles away from me, the fact that it's too late (& annoying) to try & get time off, & the fact that it ain't cheap, seeing as I only want to see Maiden --naw. Like you, I should probably have made an earlier decision to go somewhere, like Amsterdam, on the near continent. Too late now though. I'll just have to make do with 'Arry instead...

Make do with 'Arry!! I'm sure he'd be delighted to know British Lion is the consolation prize
Now where's my tickets....:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back