IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guitarist Richie Faulkner, who played with Lauren Harris, and now plays with Judas Priest, also played in this band for a while.

Damn. I've been quite short on money since the announcement of the Polish dates, so I couldn't buy a ticket right away. First I want to say that I'm interested in Golden Circle only. It's Maiden... I just can't let myself get a ticket worse that the best one (just in my opinion, of course!). Two days ago I wanted to make sure that these tickets are still available (I was bloody sure they are!) and found out that all the GC tickets for Łódź are sold out :eek: Just imagine the horror I felt. Łódź is so close to my place compared to Gdańsk or Warsaw... It was very convenient for me to go there. I quickly jumped to the Gdańsk page. Normal GC are sold out too! But fortunately, the early entrance GC were still available... I assume they'll disappear soon, too. Panicked, I asked my parents to lend me the money for the ticket. They agreed. I bought it a minute ago. Now I can sleep calmly. (Not kidding! I had two nightmares about not getting a ticket on time!)

So... I didn't plan it, but I'm heading to Gdańsk. After all, I'm really, really happy. Gdańsk is a more interesting city to visit and I've heard that the arena is better. If not the distance and accommodation, I would pick Gdańsk anyway. Now I just had to, so I don't regret anything. A hell of an adventure is waiting for me - I'm going travel across the whole country on my own, just to see Maiden. :)

Damn. I've been quite short on money since the announcement of the Polish dates, so I couldn't buy a ticket right away. First I want to say that I'm interested in Golden Circle only. It's Maiden... I just can't let myself get a ticket worse that the best one (just in my opinion, of course!). Two days ago I wanted to make sure that these tickets are still available (I was bloody sure they are!) and found out that all the GC tickets for Łódź are sold out :eek: Just imagine the horror I felt. Łódź is so close to my place compared to Gdańsk or Warsaw... It was very convenient for me to go there. I quickly jumped to the Gdańsk page. Normal GC are sold out too! But fortunately, the early entrance GC were still available... I assume they'll disappear soon, too. Panicked, I asked my parents to lend me the money for the ticket. They agreed. I bought it a minute ago. Now I can sleep calmly. (Not kidding! I had two nightmares about not getting a ticket on time!)

So... I didn't plan it, but I'm heading to Gdańsk. After all, I'm really, really happy. Gdańsk is a more interesting city to visit and I've heard that the arena is better. If not the distance and accommodation, I would pick Gdańsk anyway. Now I just had to, so I don't regret anything. A hell of an adventure is waiting for me - I'm going travel across the whole country on my own, just to see Maiden. :)

Cool deal, my son and I are going to Gdansk as well for the show and have GC tickets as well. If you see a guy wearing a Maiden England Texas Tour shirt ... say hi :) ... if it makes you feel better about your commute, we are travelling from Dallas to go see them. If the show is anything like the one I saw on the US leg (and I assume it will be), it will be well worth the effort

I haven't really looked at the dates in super detail, but any ideas as to what is likely in August? Do guys think it might all be a bit more (globally) international, culminating in South America in the run up to Rio? What about one more UK gig? (e.g. like Birmingham N.E.C.)

I haven't really looked at the dates in super detail, but any ideas as to what is likely in August? Do guys think it might all be a bit more (globally) international, culminating in South America in the run up to Rio? What about one more UK gig? (e.g. like Birmingham N.E.C.)

I am also curious, and kind of stumped, as to where all of the South American dates will be? Steve Harris will be doing his solo tour up until March 30, and then take April off as a break (I assume). And then practically all of June and July is Europe, so I can only assume other countries and South American dates will take up August and September (just based on the fact that Rock in Rio is already confirmed for the end of September. And there are currently no August dates). There is still most of May that has potential to have more announcements as well.

Regardless, my hopes for a possible Florida (or, in fact, any US city) announcement is getting low. I'm still hoping they decide to stop and play somewhere as they venture from Europe down to Mexico/South America.

I'd be very surprised, given the support they get, if there aren't quite a few South American dates ;)
The couple of weeks before Rock in Rio would make sense, I guess.

Yeh, I thought too, with RiR being September 22nd, that most of the beginning of September would be South America (not sure about August as well); or at least southern hemisphere. But that still leaves the whole (or most) of August. I'm just super curious.

With the 2012 tour being called "Maiden England North American Tour", I'd be quite surprised, to be honest, if they return to the US at all. Also, they started that tour at the end (-ish) of June 2012 (i.e. the end of a month), so I'm not sure if there will be (or we should expect) any earlier May dates. That's also getting quite close.

I just want a standalone UK date (i.e. not a festival.)

With the 2012 tour being called "Maiden England North American Tour", I'd be quite surprised, to be honest, if they return to the US at all. Also, they started that tour at the end (-ish) of June 2012 (i.e. the end of a month), so I'm not sure if there will be (or we should expect) any earlier May dates. That's also getting quite close.

Yeah, I'm just remaining hopeful that they follow the same pattern they've done the past two tours (where they toured all of the US in a summer tour, minus Florida; and then had a Florida concert or two, the NEXT year). That, plus after watching several of the US concerts from last summer, I noticed Bruce said on a couple different occasions that they'd be back next year.

Aye, I'd forgotten about that (--Bruce's comments). Fingers crossed, for you, then. My wish for another UK date is, on the other hand, wishful thinking...

Yeh, I thought too, with RiR being September 22nd, that most of the beginning of September would be South America (not sure about August as well); or at least southern hemisphere. But that still leaves the whole (or most) of August. I'm just super curious.

I just want a standalone UK date (i.e. not a festival.)

Aww, I would love a UK non-festival date, but I really don't think it's going to happen. Download just isn't likely for me this year and I don't really enjoy festivals. Now if they played somewhere like Dublin I'd be very tempted by that...

Aye, I'd forgotten about that (--Bruce's comments). Fingers crossed, for you, then. My wish for another UK date is, on the other hand, wishful thinking...

Fingers crossed for you too, man. I already saw them twice in 2012, so it isn't *that* big of a deal. However, I am just excited for a possible Florida date, because me and some friends would plan a vacation down there in correlation of when (and if) Iron Maiden are there.

I am not familiar much with their pattern for European dates... when was the last time they played a stand-alone UK date? Is that rare for them? And if it is, why?

This has been discussed quite a bit before (& probably with far more insight & knowledge than I'm about to spout...) --in fact I think I posted at length about it in the old TFF tour thread.

But basically (for 1999 onwards) they've tended to tour the UK (i.e. more than one date, & outside London) on album tours only. These are pretty thorough & they do get about the country. So on the BNW tour, DoD tour, AMoLaD tour, & TFF tour. Everything else (Ed Hunter, Give Me Ed, Eddie Rips Up World, Somewhere Back In Time, Maiden England [so far], etc) they don't. So when an album comes out --they'll tour & you can go see them. But all the revisit tours (or whatever you want to call them), you're lucky if you get anything in the UK, besides a (one) London date. Personally, I think America gets an incredible amount of touring from Maiden; or at least, to me, it seems that way. Pretty much every tour they're there. Then again, you guys certainly seem to be prepared to travel damn far & it's a big place.

USA! USA! :)

It is odd they do not at least do a few more UK dates .. maybe not a full tour, but at least 3 or 4 shows spread out geographically, I assume they would have little problem filling up the shows

I imagine that if a band goes to the US, you pretty much need to hit the usual markets to make it worth while coming over here. At least here in Dallas, every show for the past 4 tours has had bigger and bigger crowds, hopefully by the next time around they can play a bigger (and better place), the shed in Dallas is a shithole in a bad part of town. It has to be someone I really want to see to make that trek.

Incredibly minor spoiler, it was very hot when they played here, Bruce said
something along the lines of how hot it was and they had tons of fire in the show and wondered if the place would burn down. He paused and looked around and said "perhaps Dallas would be ready for a new venue"
.. and the crowd went nuts.

This has been discussed quite a bit before (& probably with far more insight & knowledge than I'm about to spout...); in fact I think I posted at length about it in the old TFF tour thread

But basically (for 1999 onwards) they've tended to tour the UK (i.e. more than one date, & outside London) on album tours only. These are pretty thorough & they do get about the country. So on the BNW tour, DoD tour, AMoLaD tour, & TFF tour. Everything else (Ed Hunter, Give Me Ed, Eddie Rips Up World, Somewhere Back In Time, Maiden England [so far], etc) they don't. So when an album comes out --they'll tour & you can go see them. But all the revisit tours (or whatever you want to call them), you're lucky if you get anything in the UK, besides a (one) London date. Personally, I think America gets an incredible amount of touring from Maiden; or at least, to me, it seems that way. Pretty much every tour they're there. Then again, you guys certainly seem to be prepared to travel damn far & it's a big place.

Btw bearfan, when I said "tour" of the UK, we're only talking about half a dozen dates anyway. Credit where credit's due though: TFF tour was a proper, proper UK arena tour --with two dates in Scotland! :p

I still think they should do a couple of nights in Birmingham, or something, to celebrate them being there back in '88. That would be pretty good. (Although, I've no idea how good a venue the N.E.C. is...)

@Bearfan: He said the same thing about the Denver show. I'm wondering if they're trying to get bigger venues for the next tour. They do a bunch of ampitheaters.

@Bearfan: He said the same thing about the Denver show. I'm wondering if they're trying to get bigger venues for the next tour. They do a bunch of ampitheaters.
Hopefully they do, the shed in Houston is quite nice, I would not mind if there was a similar facility up here. But, a venue with air conditioning would be better yet since they always seem to roll through here in the summer

The heat isn't a big problem out here but it gets windy and that messes with the sound. Plus they can't fit their whole stage show in the venue. Judas Priest managed to get a good turnout at a minor Hockey league arena out here, I don't see why Maiden wouldn't be able to do the same.

To those of you who have Ghost on the bill, you are so lucky to be seeing them live! They may not sound like much on their studio album, but they sound incredible live! Try your very best not to miss them!

Also, I could have sworn I saw Mastodon on one of the tour posters. They are super amazing too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back