Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction:

• Album gets announced today around 2 pm UK time.
• Every detail gets revealed: album cover, tracklist, release date, full article on their site, link to the pre-orders. Even first press interviews with Bruce / Steve / Adrian (?) could start to be released on YouTube, in channels such as Loudwire.
• Many of you will be disappointed by the new Eddie choice / style (too cartoonish?), and maybe by the title.
• I will jizz rainbows!

Also, you must live in fantasy world if you really think we're not getting an album soon, after this "17" campaign.

Last minute predictions

- Double album. Longer than TBOS
- 12 songs
- Steve writes the longest song
- Janick once again with the title track
- at least two Smith/Dickinson songs
- at least two Smith/Harris/Dickinson songs

There absolutely was. The single was premiered on a special edition of Headbangers Ball that was dedicated to Best of the Beast. Virus came out 2 weeks before Best of the Beast the exact same way as a new single would come out 2 weeks before a new album.
Hmmm I do remember the Headbangers Ball episode, but I dont remember that there was mention of a "best off" album. Besides, the innitial remark was that Maiden never released a single without an album. And I dont think that the best of counts as an album..

I really don't see the logic in releasing a new single without announcing the new album alongside it. Why not put it out there while Maiden hype is at fever pitch rather than a few days later when it's died down?
I've been thinking about this, and I realised something: this entire campaign was designed to introduce younger audiences to Iron Maiden.
  • They built up hype for the single because most people discover music by streaming singles. It's not a very heavy single, either, which makes it more accessible.
  • The campaign was brilliantly designed, too - it slowly attracted people over several weeks using multiple different social media platforms.
  • The video is well-animated, really cool, and enjoyable for both newcomers and hardcore fans. Both it and the marketing campaign also have ties to the mobile game, just to cover every possible way of reeling people in.
Think about it: us old fans here are already hyped for an upcoming album. We're going to listen to whatever they put out. They know that, so they're trying to get newer people to become fans of the band while they're still touring and releasing music.

I made this (rather lame) prediction last album, so here we go again: this album will include the “greatest Maiden song of all time!… “…a song universally beloved and chosen as the finest tune ever from the lads……..ha! Sounds even lamer this album!.

I got a complete memory loss regarding the timeline followed for each single before each album. It would really suck if we have to wait for a couple of months to listen to the album. Don't really care about the cover artwork and so on!

A thought: I think TWOTW wouldn't be the first single in normal circumstances and they would play it more safe... But considering everything that is going on in the world, it was the obvious choice. It had everything to make a visual story out of it. Plus, it fits on LOTB setlist at the end of "religion" part of the set, so they can pull off a GMETID next year.

A thought: I think TWOTW wouldn't be the first single in normal circumstances and they would play it more safe... But considering everything that is going on in the world, it was the obvious choice. It had everything to make a visual story out of it. Plus, it fits on LOTB setlist at the end of "religion" part of the set, so they can pull off a GMETID next year.
Maybe you're right. We for sure expected a fast short rocker as a first single, but they released a TROBB-tempo of a song.

- btw, a lot of connections with the AMOLAD album -> the hype for the single (just like for TROBB ) the chinese symbols (death & life), the video of the single contains ''death, war and famine'' (part of FTGGOG's lyrics).

Agree about that a GMETID tour is really possible for next year.

All signs on heaven and earth points to the idea that this album in many ways be special. there were a lot of rumors that the band was really happy with the effect. The fact that these lyrics appeared before the album's promotion may mean that it will be a great album in many aspects. I liked the single very much - it fit perfectly into the style I would expect from them at this stage of their career. I do not guess when the premiere will be etc. because too many external factors can change it. Considering they had a lot of ready-made songs at BoS sessions - it could be a long album but rather not a triple one.

I got a complete memory loss regarding the timeline followed for each single before each album. It would really suck if we have to wait for a couple of months to listen to the album. Don't really care about the cover artwork and so on!

When there was physical releases they usually came 2 weeks before the album, or maybe 3 or 4 weeks sometimes but usually not longer than that. Killers is the only album that didn't have a single preceding it with the double A-side Twilight Zone/Wrathchild coming a month after the album had already been out.

It's a bit different in the internet age, El Dorado came 2 months before the album and Final Frontier a month before the album, Speed of Light was a little over 2 weeks before the album.

If the album comes out on the rumoured 3rd of Sept, then it will be about the same amount of time before the album as El Dorado, which came out in time for the first leg of TFF tour hence the early release. So I would not be surprised if there is another track around mid August released.

I hope for more. Maiden are one of the bands which has almost no fillers in their albums.
I expect 10/11 songs (as usual for the reunion albums).

I agree that especially on the "modern" Maiden records, even the weaker songs haven't been too filler-ish, albeit not mind-blowing or too necessary either, but I seriously wave the compact, cohesive, focused & quality over quantity flag here. :D I'd have no problem with more of a bloated record either, but for a change, I think it would so amazing to see a bit more focused and consistent 8-9 song record this time. I love all the longer albums by Maiden, but it would be cool if the new record actually leaves you a bit hungry, as their classic records do. AMOLAD is in my top three and I quite like TFF and especially The Book of Souls, but these records, in all of their massive glory, are quite overwhelming - in a good way or not, they do not leave that kind of hunger. I mean, it works, but I wouldn't mind a different approach this time.

Well that's just daydreaming.

I'm quite excited about today! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back