Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hopes are high for the album. After endless listens to TWOTW there's just a great confidence to it. The playing, arrangement, sound (not YT) new clarity and detail to the instruments as well as a gravelly texture to the guitars. And great to hear Steve's bass so clearly and him to get quite playful with his playing. Had a slight worry on whether Bruce's voice would hold up, but he's a beast. My next hope is the artwork cover anxious excited

Daily Express:

One of nature’s cavaliers, Tory-voting Bruce finds himself at odds with lockdown measures.

“I’m not an anti-vax conspiracy theorist but there’s such a lack of joined-up thinking, it’s quite frustrating. I had to go to France because my girlfriend had an eye operation. We’re both double vaccinated, and when we came back we had four nasal swabs, we took the tests and were all clear, yet we’ve still had to quarantine. Are we all mad?

“I don’t think most of the SAGE committee know any human beings at all. They’re like a weather forecaster who never looks out the window. Do they have any real clue what effects the lockdowns have on people? People who didn’t have health issues have started to acquire them because of that lack of human contact.

“People get depressed, it makes me angry. I could accept it at the beginning, old people dying, but now it’s time common sense prevailed. I’m so sorry for people who have lost years of their lives, old people unable to see grandchildren etc. We need a new broom someone with a brain and some nous.”

Bruce, who lives in London, spent the first lockdown in Paris with girlfriend Leana Dolci. “I spent three months sitting on a balcony writing stuff about military history which might turn into something.”

He’d moved to France three years ago after his split with second wife Paddy, mother of his three grown-up children, who died last year in a tragic accident.

Iron Maiden have got a sold-out European tour to play “as soon as the government work out how to get us visas,” he says.
“Every tour and album are an adventure. I’ve been writing stuff for Iron Maiden which I can’t tell you about but I will be able to talk about it at the one-man show. It’s exciting!

“What we’ve done will really rock your world…”

Reactions: jcv
“I’m not an anti-vax conspiracy theorist but there’s such a lack of joined-up thinking, it’s quite frustrating. I had to go to France because my girlfriend had an eye operation. We’re both double vaccinated, and when we came back we had four nasal swabs, we took the tests and were all clear, yet we’ve still had to quarantine. Are we mad?

This is what I agree with. Test + quarantine is just stupid.

No matter where I search, I cannot find the edited album covers anywhere. I've scoured their various social media pages, and still can't. Can someone either link or post the BOS one please?

Iron Maiden have got a sold-out European tour to play “as soon as the government work out how to get us visas,” he says.
“Every tour and album are an adventure. I’ve been writing stuff for Iron Maiden which I can’t tell you about but I will be able to talk about it at the one-man show. It’s exciting!

“What we’ve done will really rock your world…”
That makes me think an announcement today is less likely. Those shows are 2 weeks away.

That makes me think an announcement today is less likely. Those shows are 2 weeks away.

That's not relevant.
By then he will be able to talk about it cause the world wil already know album details, but that doesn't mean they'll announce it just right before his book shows!

I think we'll know in 2 hours time!
This evening, at the worst.

But this must be the day.

That's not relevant.
By then he will be able to talk about it cause the world wil already know album details, but that doesn't mean they'll announce it just right before his book shows!

I think we'll know in 2 hours time!
This evening, at the worst.

But this must be the day.
Fingers are crossed!

I agree that especially on the "modern" Maiden records, even the weaker songs haven't been too filler-ish, albeit not mind-blowing or too necessary either, but I seriously wave the compact, cohesive, focused & quality over quantity flag here. :D I'd have no problem with more of a bloated record either, but for a change, I think it would so amazing to see a bit more focused and consistent 8-9 song record this time. I love all the longer albums by Maiden, but it would be cool if the new record actually leaves you a bit hungry, as their classic records do. AMOLAD is in my top three and I quite like TFF and especially The Book of Souls, but these records, in all of their massive glory, are quite overwhelming - in a good way or not, they do not leave that kind of hunger. I mean, it works, but I wouldn't mind a different approach this time.
No matter how long a Maiden album is, I (will) always want new music from them.

Im pretty hyped up, have been all the time, but now during the COVID-19 knowing how they didn't get the tours done as planned or any of their plans went to waste. Now, I think the first song we heard last week, it is indeed great and indicates that there will be great album coming for us.
I have seriously high hopes for the album, well the song simply oozed the instruments are much clearer than on TBOS, the guitars are really front and on of the things I was so worried about, was the condition and sound of Bruce, as you know this is the first album and studio recordings done after his cancer. Remarkable and also Im pretty safe to say that based on the first single (and the live performances in 2018) he sounds again magnificent better than in years.
So this is the day and the details shall soon be here for us.

It's double album, but might be little shorter than TBOS. Samurai Eddie on the cover, album name translates as "Way Of The Warrior".
Harris has penned 2 epics, one himself and the other with Janick (which is the title track of the album and the longest one).
We get 2 songs by Smith/Dickinson (1 of which is fast rocking piece and the other is several passages long) and 2 Smith/Dickinson/Harris.
Murray gets only 1 credit this time. Gers has even more credits on the album than usual, now it's 5 songs that he has done collaboration.

Last edited:
This might be the last time we get a studio album announcement from Maiden. Enjoy today everyone, if they indeed announce it.
This might be the last time, but I hope to see album #18 someday. We're all getting older..have to start thinking of day that there might not be Maiden anymore. Atleast have to accept that scenario and just accept the inevitable (of getting older etc) and learn to love the precious they have given us.
Iron Maiden and their legacy is so strong with me. Im forever grateful to have them in my whole life, they changed it and I will always love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back