Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been posted before.
From Akirant Illustration's instagram account. I don't know if it is related with the new Maiden album…
To me it looks Baby Joda.

akirant.png

Last edited:
The whole viral thing was great and I'm a little bit underwhelmed by the fact that (apparently) there wasn't more to it. "Belshazzar's Feast" itself is a pretty cool title and the concept behind it is "Maiden" enough to land on the cover or be the subject of the title track. I may sound idiotic, but there's something about a samurai Eddie and a potential Japanese theme that feels like it was made up by a fan. But I don't mean to make my judgement yet - let's wait for the announcement first...

I was puzzled by the order of this rollout (single first, album info days later), but when you think about it, it probably was all about TWotW viral campaign. You can't announce the album first and then do the whole Daniel thing etc. and since the theme of TWotW is probably far from the theme of the album, they decided to give each its own spotlight. At least that's my interpretation.

Overall, if they didn't give us those obvious clues about the 17th album, I would be seriously worried that the album comes after the announced tour and TWotW was them giving us at least something. And if the album comes out in 2021, I bet the next leg of The Legacy of the Beast is going to be rebranded.

The whole viral thing was great and I'm a little bit underwhelmed by the fact that (apparently) there wasn't more to it. "Belshazzar's Feast" itself is a pretty cool title and the concept behind it is "Maiden" enough to land on the cover or be the subject of the title track. I may sound idiotic, but there's something about a samurai Eddie and a potential Japanese theme that feels like it was made up by a fan. But I don't mean to make my judgement yet - let's wait for the announcement first...

I was puzzled by the order of this rollout (single first, album info days later), but when you think about it, it probably was all about TWotW viral campaign. You can't announce the album first and then do the whole Daniel thing etc. and since the theme of TWotW is probably far from the theme of the album, they decided to give each its own spotlight. At least that's my interpretation.

Overall, if they didn't give us those obvious clues about the 17th album, I would be seriously worried that the album comes after the announced tour and TWotW was them giving us at least something. And if the album comes out in 2021, I bet the next leg of The Legacy of the Beast is going to be rebranded.
My guess is they'll finish the LOTB tour dates in the summer, swapping one of the songs for TWOTW. Then album world tour starting on fall or winter. Kind of like Give Me Ed in 2003 followed by DoD World Tour.

Last edited:
I really don't see the logic in releasing a new single without announcing the new album alongside it. Why not put it out there while Maiden hype is at fever pitch rather than a few days later when it's died down? This is what makes me think we might not be getting an album as soon as people think and that perhaps WOTW was just something to tide us over until they're done with LOTB. Hope I'm wrong though!

I really don't see the logic in releasing a new single without announcing the new album alongside it. Why not put it out there while Maiden hype is at fever pitch rather than a few days later when it's died down? This is what makes me think we might not be getting an album as soon as people think and that perhaps WOTW was just something to tide us over until they're done with LOTB. Hope I'm wrong though!

It would be the first time they have released a single and not mentioned a new album, however they wouldnt keep up with the #17 hints after its release if they had no plans of revealing one any time soon. Also this below recent quote from Bruce pretty much means we are getting the announcement before his book tour starts....

“Every tour and album are an adventure. I’ve been writing stuff for Iron Maiden which I can’t tell you about but I will be able to talk about it at the one-man show. It’s exciting!

“What we’ve done will really rock your world…”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back