Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this idea of playing a song 1.25 faster when it wasn't meant to be played that way. Why? The original isn't fast enough? Seriously what the fuck is so bad about a decent hard rock song that is on the chill side? Why is Maiden not allowed to do this? Seventeen albums in and if it's not Flash Of The Blade levels of tempo then it's not worth bothering with. If anyone needs to play a song at 1.25 speed to enjoy it then maybe they shouldn't bother to begin with.

Maiden themselves play their songs faster live nothing wrong about that. They feel slower with Shirley, TFF would be benefited from a bit faster tempo for example. That being said, I feel 1.25 doesnt do.good to this one.

Maiden themselves play their songs faster live nothing wrong about that. They feel slower with Shirley, TFF would be benefited from a bit faster tempo for example. That being said, I feel 1.25 doesnt do.good to this one.
Then let Maiden do that. I prefer to listen to their music as intended. That said, if 1.25 or whatever knocks people’s socks off, then that’s their right as well.

I don't get this idea of playing a song 1.25 faster when it wasn't meant to be played that way. Why? The original isn't fast enough? Seriously what the fuck is so bad about a decent hard rock song that is on the chill side? Why is Maiden not allowed to do this? Seventeen albums in and if it's not Flash Of The Blade levels of tempo then it's not worth bothering with. If anyone needs to play a song at 1.25 speed to enjoy it then maybe they shouldn't bother to begin with.

Ok slow down kid. Nobody said they aren’t allowed . And the language bro… the song shreds, AS IS for sure! I’m in at regular speed 40+ spins. it just also works @ 1.25x. That’s all. Come on 7/19! Enjoy UTI.

I seriously read that last part as “Enjoy urinary tract infections” before realising what you meant.

I’m about 60 spins in now I think. Wish Spotify kept a plays count. Maybe they do.
All I see is urinary tract infection I’m not sure what else it could be? Ukelele Tarantula Institution? Uptight Trampoline investigation? Underlying Transphobic Icecream. Upsidedown Titanium Infant.

Samurai Eddie seems so out of place in the video that I can believe that he’ll be on the cover. The interview that Kalata posted also seems to suggest that all the Belshazzar and Daniel business was all tied to the video. Starting to think that all begins and ends with The Writing on the Wall.
I like the look of this Samurai Eddie from the video (without the teeth), but it would be pretty lazy/dull to put him on the album cover, given that we already have seen a similar one before (in LOTB game, Sun and Steel beer)... As if they don't have ideas.
- the new Eddie should not be released/shown before the release of the album cover!
Album cover will be somewhat yellowish/sandish. On the cover will be seen some domesticated animal. A horse or camel. Eddie's stance will be prominent and very recognisable.
I think the tower from the poster will be included too. Agree about yellowish/sandish cover (the Twitter account mentions a desert) and that Eddie's stance will be prominent. I'm not sure about animal though.

Is there some significance to death, war, plague, famine? This is a pretty overt reference to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which are also represented by four motorcycle-riding Eddies in the video - the riders on the storm that the lyrics sing of perhaps...? Could the album's title and artwork play into aspects of the Book of Revelation?
I don't know about significance, but death, war and famine are part of FTGGOG lyrics.

About the four horsemen - this theme is already used for the single cover, in which I think the rider's face should have been shown... (aka Eddie's face).
New album will contain 10 songs. There will be no Murray song. Title song will be written by Bruce.
My bet: 11 songs, 1 (or 2 at most) songs from Dave and maybe the title track will be written by Bruce (the last time he co-wrote a title track was for the BNW album).
and why we had Twilight Zone poster in video? Of all posters they put that one...
Because only ''Twilight Zone'' single cover contains Eddie's face in a picture frame?

Like I said last wednesday, I guessed then that the album will be called "Way Of The Warrior" would that be suitable for Maiden album, what do you think here?
I haven't even tried yet at guessing any song titles..

I think something about the title is hiding in Daniel's "im going to die in the dessert?" tweet.

Notice no apostrophe between i and m... (Iron Maiden).

So, my bet is that the acronym for the album title is DITD.

Yeah. Use of word 'die' (chinese sign on poster and samurai Eddie) and dessert (after feast) instead of desert may be a clue. Or we are reaching. Tomorrow we'll know. And today well see what tips they will put on BoS cover

View attachment 15856View attachment 15857
Herve Monjeaud just updated his Facebook profile. He is one of the oficial artists of Eddie
I'm not a fan of Herve's stuff at all. Its good fan art but shouldn't go near anything official. Fine maybe for tour posters etc. He makes everything look childish and silly. I'm hoping they keep some of that maturity that was seen in the BOS and AMOLAD covers.

I'm not a fan of Herve's stuff at all. Its good fan art but shouldn't go near anything official. Fine maybe for tour posters etc. He makes everything look childish and silly. I'm hoping they keep some of that maturity that was seen in the BOS and AMOLAD covers.
It'better than that shit Eddie in the new video. This guy at least knows the proper (and essential) face features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back