Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, maybe a typical British sarcasm. Bruce was joking about the title Final Frontier be the last record. Now, they are doing the same. Joking. Specially in the Final Frontier cover. Bringing back the mistery about the symbol's key...with a new one.

Wish people would stop using YT as a music streaming service. It's diluting the production on loads of great songs.

When you combine all the stuff on all "proper" streaming services you get to 1% of music that's available on YT, and I'm not even talking bootlegs/demos/live .
Spotify can cover you if you're into popular music. None of the jazz fusion artists/albums I've linked here recently are available on Spotify. The amount of classic music is insanely low compared to YT. The non-popular electronic music, from old-school composers to chiptune makers, game OSTs, whatever.

YT is the greatest streaming platform for users that actually do not stream music. What that means is that you can discover anything on YT, and then if it really catches you, go buy a CD or get a lossless rip. You won't discover much on streaming services because they don't go to the depths of any genre, and the sound quality is still inferior to the physical medium.

These services make it convenient to have decent quality portable music library but they can't replace the encyclopedic value of YT or the sound quality of the real thing.

On the other hand YT's transcode is really ugly, to something like 128kbps AAC or worse.

I think not. They just like the idea of Eddie being a samurai... since 1981 (Maiden Japan EP). :D
Although he wasn't really a samurai there...just Eddie in jeans and a katana. Maybe they're picking up on the wolverine movie....
old guy wanted to live forever, and perhaps they will bring in the Japanese ritual suicide 'Seppuku' a way of going out on your own terms.
honestly its really open what they will do

When you combine all the stuff on all "proper" streaming services you get to 1% of music that's available on YT, and I'm not even talking bootlegs/demos/live .
Spotify can cover you if you're into popular music. None of the jazz fusion artists/albums I've linked here recently are available on Spotify. The amount of classic music is insanely low compared to YT. The non-popular electronic music, from old-school composers to chiptune makers, game OSTs, whatever.

YT is the greatest streaming platform for users that actually do not stream music. What that means is that you can discover anything on YT, and then if it really catches you, go buy a CD or get a lossless rip. You won't discover much on streaming services because they don't go to the depths of any genre, and the sound quality is still inferior to the physical medium.

These services make it convenient to have decent quality portable music library but they can't replace the encyclopedic value of YT or the sound quality of the real thing.

On the other hand YT's transcode is really ugly, to something like 128kbps AAC or worse.
Just meant because it sounds shit.

I'm starting to doubt about Samurai Eddie being on the album cover, because the surprise will not bee as big as it could be.

And because a new Eddie has never debuted in a video for a single... (only for TFF video). Although, in the interview with Rod for the concept of the video of the new single he said that Eddie was re-born?

SOL Eddie from the video was different from the one for TBOS album cover.
TFF Eddie from the video was the same as the one for TFF album cover.
Different World Eddie from the video was different from the one for AMOLAD album cover.
Wildest Dreams & Rainmaker Eddies from both videos were different from the one for DOD album cover.
TWM Eddie from the video was different from the one for BNW album cover.
TAATG Eddie from the video was different from the one for VXI album cover.
- no video with Eddie for TXF album.
- no video with Eddie for FOTD album (you can count FHTE video, if you want).
- no video with Eddie for NPFTD album.
- no video with Eddie for SSOASS album (you can count CIPWM video, if you want).
SIASL Eddie from the video was different from the one for SIT album cover. The cover for Wasted Years single was less revealing to not spoil the Eddie on the album cover.
- no video with Eddie for Powerslave album.
- no video with Eddie for POM album.
- no video with Eddie fro TNOTB album.
- no video with Eddie for Killers album.
- no video with Eddie for Iron Maiden album. They darkened Eddie's face on Running Free single cover to not spoil the Eddie on the album cover.

Due to a typo, apparently.
I'm pretty sure it has been discussed on this forum but I can't find it.
In short, should have been "Babalon", apparently, Crowley and such
Can't guarantee if that's true or not, did not know that until recently, and I still think I read it here some time ago but, as said, can't find it.
Or did you tell me that, @Perun?
That would explain a) why I'm pretty sure I learned it courtesy of this forum, and b) why I couldn't find such a post anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back