Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone thinking if they go with 'Writing on the Wall' for the album title that the cover Eddie will be from a scene from the TWotW video? Eddie's face in that green flame inside the castle could be neat.

I didn't notice any official mention of an upcoming album and TWOTW seem to be labeled as new music not as a single. I wonder why and it makes me worry a bit.

Edit: Then again there's XVII.

Last edited:
I didn't notice any official mention of an upcoming album and TWOTW seem to be labeled as new music not as a single. I wonder why and it makes me worry a bit.

Edit: Then again there's XVII.

Yeah, they have pretty much ALWAYS mentioned an upcoming album when a single is dropped. Time will tell but IM17 was pretty clear so its a waiting game I guess

Its possible that they released it to keep fans around during pandemic and that album will be released way latter.

Anyway - I love the mad max and heavy metal vibe of the song. Whole album in this style would be great.

Its possible that they released it to keep fans around during pandemic and that album will be released way latter.

Anyway - I love the mad max and heavy metal vibe of the song. Whole album in this style would be great.

Yep, we are in different times I hope the album doesnt drop next year but its entirely possible it could too. In saying that it makes no sense to wait until after the European dates are done tho no one waits a year from single to album release aha

They release it on the Itunes as a single, can’t remember that maiden doing such thing, usually it was album announcement, pre order of the album with first song available with the pre order. This time it’s different. Afraid it will be same as lords of summer for Metallica , and all out life of Slipknot- both songs released as a single long before the album. Or is it just a just a little cash grab due to pandemic times?

The rollout is pretty weird to me. If I’m not mistaken, this is the first time Maiden has released a single without accompanying album information. The only reason I’m expecting a full album announcement is that they are presumably going to continue posting the edited albums until they get through them all, at which point it would make sense to post the cover for the new album. Still, it’s quite strange that they wouldn’t just announce everything at once. It makes me wonder if something else is going on. It’s also weird that all the WOTW business was for a single. Maybe the album will be called Writing On the Wall still? Also the Belshazzar thing makes no sense, really curious if that ever gets resolved.

The rollout is pretty weird to me. If I’m not mistaken, this is the first time Maiden has released a single without accompanying album information. The only reason I’m expecting a full album announcement is that they are presumably going to continue posting the edited albums until they get through them all, at which point it would make sense to post the cover for the new album. Still, it’s quite strange that they wouldn’t just announce everything at once. It makes me wonder if something else is going on. It’s also weird that all the WOTW business was for a single. Maybe the album will be called Writing On the Wall still? Also the Belshazzar thing makes no sense, really curious if that ever gets resolved.
I feel the same way, but it's hard to ignore all the "17" signs lately, even on the edited SiT artwork. I bet we'll have more information on that on Monday, but it feels weird.

Reactions: jcv
I mean I’m sure we’re getting an album announcement, they’ve made that pretty clear I think. Just seems weird to separate those things by 5 days. Plus with how fast things move along in the music world, the hype might not return to the peak that we were at this afternoon. I’m curious what forum activity will look like around here through the weekend.

Giving it more thought, the only thing that really makes sense to me right now is that they released the single first because they’re going to drop the whole album on Monday. But that still seems like a huge long shot.

I would say that the most possible thing is that they will continue this hints thingy till monday and then they will release album news with second single. I mean Twitter David said something about dessert in last tweet.

There's been a LOT of teasing of WOTW and the Belshazzar reference if it only relates to one track. I'm also thinking TWOTW is the album name.

Kind of fun that they're spinning out the album reveal. I wonder if they'll tease for a while longer rather than just revealing everything in one go.

Reactions: jcv
Here’s a thought: they added the T in the video teaser only right? Maybe the album is simply called Writing On the Wall, without the ‘the.’ Or WOTW stands for something else entirely. That is another aspect of this that seems strange. Why not just have one acronym the whole time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back