Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ew. As a fan of Firepower, I say ew. I'd rather Iron Maiden continue to grow and change - which seems to be the course of things.
Like I’ve always said: Firepower is awesome because it’s Priest being Priest. Maiden crafting their own ‘Firepower’ is a fun idea, but logistically would just result in NPFTD 2. And we all know how much of a success the first one was....

I wish.....how did you come to this conclusion ? Musically the new song is full of rock (oh Lord.....) melodies, how is this similar to the darkness of AMOLAD ?

Anyway , in retrospective, I hate how they hyped this with stuff like «man or beast, heaven or hell» e.t.c. Some people even thought that we would get a spiritual successor to 7th son, yeah.....NO.

Hype plummeted since the release of TWOTW because I kind of think that this isn’t a new Speed of Light (which was decent but didn’t really represent TBOS album) but a new TROBB (totally representative of the album).

Why couldn’t they try to record their own Firepower ?
Firepower, in my opinion, is a weak album from Judas Priest.

More of the same.

Writing songs that some people have already mentioned remind them of the NPFTD-era is «growing and changing» ? Yeah I wish they didn’t grow and gave us a «balls to the wall» heavy metal album for what might be their swansong. I am legitimately so sad since listening to the new single......

These are the same excuses that Metallica fans use even though, deep down, they would prefer a new Master of Puppets instead of load.
I can't speak for Metallica superfans, because I am not one. I want an album that isn't a retread of old ground. I definitely do not hear any NPFTD in the new song - I hear some AMOLAD and TBOS, for sure, but the southern rock sound is new and very interesting.

If you want to be disappointed because it's not Aces High II - Revenge of the Spitfire then do so, I guess?

At this stage Im well used to a first single not bein representative of a new album. But even that phrase doesn't make any sense. What you're talkin about is production and tone and feel and years of listening and context. Like, what song would be representative of SiT? Would Sea of Madness prepare you for Alexander The Great? Would The Pilgrim prepare you for The Legacy? All their albums have variation on them. Strange World and Phantom are on the same album.
I like the new tune but only a fool would judge an album based on one song. Ok, they throw us red herrings with the lead single, Speed of Light and Wildest Dreams bein particular examples. But for me, Im a happy boy. The intro to the new tune is class. Different for Maiden. They have given me a sound that I haven't heard from them yet, a dark country, bluesy feel. They do it every time and I love it. A constantly evolving entity while bein unmistakably Maiden. Even if I end up not likin the album, overall, I will forever salute them cats for doin as they will.
Plus, also, that riff is pure Gers. I wonder if Adrian will start prancin about on the new tour. I hope so.

I can't speak for Metallica superfans, because I am not one. I want an album that isn't a retread of old ground. I definitely do not hear any NPFTD in the new song - I hear some AMOLAD and TBOS, for sure, but the southern rock sound is new and very interesting.

If you want to be disappointed because it's not Aces High II - Revenge of the Spitfire then do so, I guess?
There’s a slight Mother Russia vide to the song. Overall think it’s better than most songs off NPFTD, amd I’m a fan of that album

I really hope the concept around Bels Feast is carried into the album. I really liked the poster and dark/mysterious vibe that it gave off. Or maybe it was all just for a music video

i was expecting something dark from Maiden following on from TBOS so country rock has really left me not knowing where this album is going to go

Like I’ve always said: Firepower is awesome because it’s Priest being Priest. Maiden crafting their own ‘Firepower’ is a fun idea, but logistically would just result in NPFTD 2. And we all know how much of a success the first one was....
No a Maiden firepower would be Piece of Mind (or Powerslave) 2, not NPFTD 2.
Anyway, I think I am out, if people want to listen western and country riffs in Maiden songs more power to them, I mean some folks love stuff like weekend warrior and Bring your daughter. I like heavy metal and dark elements in it.

I really hope the concept around Bels Feast is carried into the album. I really liked the poster and dark/mysterious vibe that it gave off. Or maybe it was all just for a music video

i was expecting something dark from Maiden following on from TBOS so country rock has really left me not knowing where this album is going to go
Belshazzar's Feast was this. The premiere of the single. I doubt there is any other connection to it on the album.

I think the album will be opposite of the single. Packed with fast, high octane belters. :ninja:
Maiden does mid-tempo better than fast songs these days, I hope the album is more of the same. I would love a darker, heavier Maiden album. Now is the time for that.

Reactions: jcv
First things first… Quite simply that is the best Iron Maiden video I’ve ever seen… Now for the not so good news: I love the new song, however it is a little more main stream than normal maiden. With that said usually the songs maiden release as singles are some of my least favorite of their songs. So I am looking forward to a great album. Members of Iron Maiden are in their 60s and 70s and we are never going back to the peace of mind/Powerslave era so if you are a fan of that only then you should probably move on. I am a fan of all eras of Maiden including this later era. they are still plenty heavy for old men.

I'm for progression in style if it appears to be a natural progression of the band's style. While Load may be in James Hetfield's wheelhouse, it didn't really come off like a decent progression from the self-titled album.. That being said, I think Load's a decent album. I don't play it a lot, but it's not as bad as some make it out to be. ReLoad, on the other hand...

TWotW sounds like exactly what I'd expect modern Maiden to sound like to me, but with a new added flair to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back