Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! I was just looking for some straightforward and undeniable band member quote for a fellow fan, who isn't too convinced about The Album #17 being more or less done. :D

Regardless, that's a great summary there - Thanks!
If you go to this video at 5.40
"there's 16 studio albums one possibly to come"

Bruce also said at alot of the US gigs last year that they'd be back with new songs soon.

I've seen some chatter on Facebook that Adrian's guitar tech has said something? Haven't seen a source yet though.

If you go to this video at 5.40
"there's 16 studio albums one possibly to come"

Bruce also said at alot of the US gigs last year that they'd be back with new songs soon.

I've seen some chatter on Facebook that Adrian's guitar tech has said something? Haven't seen a source yet though.

there isnt a clear source but someone close to adrians guitar tech has apparently said the album is done,

So, since Bruce and H wrote a couple of songs on their own in Book of Souls and the Doomsday Clock was set 100 minutes to midnight in January... could we expect a 2 Minutes to Midnight follow up? :bigsmile:

Yeah, a new song is highly unlikely. I'd love to see Maiden stream some old concerts on YT like Metallica's doing. They probably have at least some soundboards from LOTB tour (and screen recordings). On the Flight 666 documentary you can also hear in the background a live version of The Longest Day being mixed, so there's probably some stuff from that tour too. Wouldn't mind if it's kind of shit quality, just screen recordings with soundboard audio and I'd gladly watch.

Last edited:
Yeah, a new song is highly unlikely. I'd love to see Maiden stream some old concerts on YT like Metallica's doing. They probably have at least some soundboards from LOTB tour (and screen recordings). On the Flight 666 documentary you can also hear in the background a live version of The Longest Day being mixed, so there's probably some stuff from that tour too. Wouldn't mind if it's kind of shit quality, just screen recordings with soundboard audio and I'd gladly watch.
Of all the things that Metallica does; this is probably the coolest shit. I’d love to see archive footage of a couple of choice shows from each tour era. As it is we have a lot, but I’d love full shows in decent quality of:
Somewhere on Tour
No Prayer on the Road
One or two solid Blaze concerts
Matter of Life and Death( both versions: the full album and the one with songs from #Beast)
And definitely Legacy of the Beast!

Of all the things that Metallica does; this is probably the coolest shit. I’d love to see archive footage of a couple of choice shows from each tour era. As it is we have a lot, but I’d love full shows in decent quality of:
Somewhere on Tour
No Prayer on the Road
Matter of Life and Death( both versions: the full album and the one with songs from #Beast)
A full Somewhere on Tour concert in great quality is probably my Maiden holy grail, specially before they dropped Where Eagles Dare. Great setlist, great stage show, a loving guitar duet by Davey and Adrian... Yeah, Bruce's voice wasn't great but whatever. Just didn't mention it because I don't even know if the band has quality footage from that era. Ed Hunter Tour is another one I'd love to watch in great quality because it's essentially a greatest hits setlist with peak Bruce imo, even more if it's one of the first 5 shows with SIASL.

A full Somewhere on Tour concert in great quality is probably my Maiden holy grail, specially before they dropped Where Eagles Dare. Great setlist, great stage show, a loving guitar duet by Davey and Adrian... Yeah, Bruce's voice wasn't great but whatever. Just didn't mention it because I don't even know if the band has quality footage from that era. Ed Hunter Tour is another one I'd love to watch in great quality because it's essentially a greatest hits setlist with peak Bruce imo, even more if it's one of the first 5 shows with SIASL.
If my memory serves, there was "HQ" video of Sheffield, Budokan, Paris, and Philadelphia. Budokan(I think), Paris and Philly were TV stations, I know Sheffield is where they recorded the SIASL music video, but you can see cameras running during other songs iirc. I haven't seen anything from the Budokan besides an audience recording and what was on 12 Wasted Years, so I wonder if the video was recorded and never released. Or they just didn't record all of it. I dunno, lmao

They don't have any proper footage from SIT, Steve has said many times that it's a big regret. I'd still love to see whatever footage they do have though.

There is professionally filmed footage from Gothenborg as well, it's not great though. Not sure if posting a link is ok but if you go to guitars101 and do a search for iron maiden gothenborg and limit it to the video forum you should find it in there.

Somewhere in Paris is one of their most famous bootlegs, IIRC some years ago there was a YT channel who was editing and mixing it trying to create a semi-pro live.

Also, YT channel Moonchild’88 is uploading some stuff from both the '80s and the reunion years, and also some concerts from the Blaze days and the early days (Wakefield 1980, a London gig from 1979, Reggio Emilia 1981, Antwerp 1981...). I also would suggest Bruce's Tokyo 1997, which contains the (maybe) best Flight of Icarus ever sung by him.

I sometimes wonder if Maiden actually have recorded footage and, if so, how much. I think they do, but not even near the amount that Metallica have - they record any show they do and sell it through their website, if I’m not mistaken, which is cool, but it has to be kept in mind that Metallica's label = Metallica, so they can do whatever they want as far as they can afford it.

Unfortunately, Maiden seem to have a difficult relation with YT.
Somewhere on Tour
No Prayer on the Road
All bootleg stuff, but I suggest you to check the YT channel I mentioned - Moonchild'88.
  • Somewhere on Tour: Madrid, Manchester, Sheffield, the well known Somewhere in Paris, Hammersmith 1986
  • No Prayer on the Road: Munich, Leiden, Shrapnel, Saarbruecken (under the name Down, Depressed and Lonely) 1990, New Haven 1991 (unfortunately no Copenaghen, which is one of the best)
  • Blaze days: Brixton Academy (Live on the Edge), Tel Aviv, Warsaw (Warsaw on the Edge) 1995; Osaka (Osaka X-Factor), Milwuakee (Milwuakee on the Edge - yeah definitely the bootleg creators didn't work that much on the titles back in '95-'96), Hollywood (Maiden Palace); no Buenos Aires 1996 (The Argentina Factor), but you can find it almost everywhere
  • Blaze days pt. 2: Stockholm, Osaka (Virtual Insanity), Madrid, Nottingham (Running out of Time), Buenos Aires (The Clansman in Buenos Aires - awful choice for the title IMO, why not Como Estàs Buenos Aires?), Curitiba 1998
  • A Matter of Life and Death: Stuttgart, Dortmund (Cold Fusion and Fury in Germany - maybe the best title among their official/unofficial lives along with Beast over Hammersmith and Live After Death), Oslo (The Legacy of the Norsemen), Glasgow (These Lords Don't Run), Zurich, 's-Hertogenbosch (Armageddon is Near), Uniondale 2006; no stuff from 2007 IIRC, but you can easily find the semi-pro Donington 2007 (actually planned release, then aborted) featuring Yoghi the Bear singing the chorus on Different World :lol:
Now it's uploading The Book of Souls and Legacy of the Beast stuff. Also has the full unedited radio rip of Donington 1992.

If my memory serves, there was "HQ" video of Sheffield, Budokan, Paris, and Philadelphia. Budokan(I think), Paris and Philly were TV stations, I know Sheffield is where they recorded the SIASL music video, but you can see cameras running during other songs iirc. I haven't seen anything from the Budokan besides an audience recording and what was on 12 Wasted Years, so I wonder if the video was recorded and never released. Or they just didn't record all of it. I dunno, lmao

There is professionally filmed footage from Gothenborg as well

Well it is professionally filmed in the sense that good camera is being used and a professional is filming it, however it is not labeled "professional footage" because they're amateur bootlegs. Both Paris and Goteborg.

The only pro footage is Philly, several cameras, pro audio, prep for TV station, most of the show caught.
There are sparse short video clips of high quality but without pro live audio, scattered throughout interviews and other broadcasts of the day.

I believe I have every Somewhere on Tour B+ rated video bootleg and every other bit (interviews and such) in my boot collection.

Well it is professionally filmed in the sense that good camera is being used and a professional is filming it, however it is not labeled "professional footage" because they're amateur bootlegs. Both Paris and Goteborg.

Yeah I meant from the point of view that it's not some lad standing in the pit or halfway behind a pillar trying to film it.

Also, it may be the generations of each recording that I have but I find Paris more watchable than Philly.

Somewhere in Paris is one of their most famous bootlegs, IIRC some years ago there was a YT channel who was editing and mixing it trying to create a semi-pro live.

Also, YT channel Moonchild’88 is uploading some stuff from both the '80s and the reunion years, and also some concerts from the Blaze days and the early days (Wakefield 1980, a London gig from 1979, Reggio Emilia 1981, Antwerp 1981...). I also would suggest Bruce's Tokyo 1997, which contains the (maybe) best Flight of Icarus ever sung by him.

I sometimes wonder if Maiden actually have recorded footage and, if so, how much. I think they do, but not even near the amount that Metallica have - they record any show they do and sell it through their website, if I’m not mistaken, which is cool, but it has to be kept in mind that Metallica's label = Metallica, so they can do whatever they want as far as they can afford it.

Unfortunately, Maiden seem to have a difficult relation with YT.

All bootleg stuff, but I suggest you to check the YT channel I mentioned - Moonchild'88.
  • Somewhere on Tour: Madrid, Manchester, Sheffield, the well known Somewhere in Paris, Hammersmith 1986
  • No Prayer on the Road: Munich, Leiden, Shrapnel, Saarbruecken (under the name Down, Depressed and Lonely) 1990, New Haven 1991 (unfortunately no Copenaghen, which is one of the best)
  • Blaze days: Brixton Academy (Live on the Edge), Tel Aviv, Warsaw (Warsaw on the Edge) 1995; Osaka (Osaka X-Factor), Milwuakee (Milwuakee on the Edge - yeah definitely the bootleg creators didn't work that much on the titles back in '95-'96), Hollywood (Maiden Palace); no Buenos Aires 1996 (The Argentina Factor), but you can find it almost everywhere
  • Blaze days pt. 2: Stockholm, Osaka (Virtual Insanity), Madrid, Nottingham (Running out of Time), Buenos Aires (The Clansman in Buenos Aires - awful choice for the title IMO, why not Como Estàs Buenos Aires?), Curitiba 1998
  • A Matter of Life and Death: Stuttgart, Dortmund (Cold Fusion and Fury in Germany - maybe the best title among their official/unofficial lives along with Beast over Hammersmith and Live After Death), Oslo (The Legacy of the Norsemen), Glasgow (These Lords Don't Run), Zurich, 's-Hertogenbosch (Armageddon is Near), Uniondale 2006; no stuff from 2007 IIRC, but you can easily find the semi-pro Donington 2007 (actually planned release, then aborted) featuring Yoghi the Bear singing the chorus on Different World :lol:
Now it's uploading The Book of Souls and Legacy of the Beast stuff. Also has the full unedited radio rip of Donington 1992.
Thanks, didn't know about this channel, gonna check it out. And yeah, Somewhere in Paris is pretty good and has been my go-to SiT bootleg for a while.

Yeah I meant from the point of view that it's not some lad standing in the pit or halfway behind a pillar trying to film it.

Also, it may be the generations of each recording that I have but I find Paris more watchable than Philly.

Actually if they just had pro audio they would be top. One of Bruce's 1998 gigs in Brazil, bootleg was shot by a professional camera man, for a small TV house and they had permission to use soundboard feed for first 2 or three tracks. After that bootleg just uses camera audio. The difference in feel is staggering. You could "sell" me a pro one camera boot just if audio is good.

Philly is most definitely dug from the archives. The master is horrible, so the 1st gen boot came the way it did.

Here's the thing - Smallwood did not envision recording. This is important because of the stage setup. The stage is dark. The Philly recording is completely dark. Even when you remove the bluish lighting effects, which the YT guy did for Paris tape, where colors are all balanced and everything looks correct...it's too dark. They did not manage to capture "dark stage" in 1982, that stopped one of their best recorded performances ever being released, and they set up the recording. While they had cameras set up in Sheffield, their post-gig "recording" of SIASL video had venue lights on. That's why the image is nice, due to conditions that weren't there in the live show.

The bootlegs are so low in lighting that you can't actually see the backdrops most of the time. There's a very unique backdrop that wasn't used ever before or ever after :

I don't think I've ever seen that image in normal quality. Not on video, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back