Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Bruce will be able to go flying, Collin. Airspace is virtually shut down and, if he's living in Paris right now, he's on lockdown. I reckon he'll write another book though. What That Button Did.
Good call Wiz. Maybe he has an in-home flight simulator though. Would that still count? I would also buy at least 3 copies of that book.

I wouldn't put it past Bruce to fly aid flights if they let him.
Its a cert.

In terms of an album, if they have actually recorded something, it must be hard to sit on it. Assuming that had one made already, they were planning on doin classics over the summer anyway but if that is extended, they will probably write new stuff individually and by the time the 'new' album comes out and gets toured, it wont be 'new' anymore. Id say its a weird emotional state to be in. First world problems but still a strange headspace.

HI ! I think
that the album will be postponed, since based on what I read, Amazon is not receiving requests for music, etc., so it is a stone in the way ...

And regarding the tour, I think it is practically a fact that it will also be postponed, in Japan they canceled the Olympic games (that's a lot), we will see what happens.

Greetings from Chile!

Last edited:
Maiden have been extremely unlucky with their two last visits to the studio. After recording TBOS Bruce got cancer, the album was delayed and the entire 2015 tour was cancelled. This time the entire world has gotten COVID-19 and the tour is getting postponed or cancelled. The album might very well be delayed as well.

Many artists are delaying the release dates for their new albums. Steve Wilson has posponed the release of his new album until early 2021. Bon Jovi until fall of this year I think.

Many artists are delaying the release dates for their new albums. Steve Wilson has posponed the release of his new album until early 2021. Bon Jovi until fall of this year I think.
It makes sense only if artists plans to tour the new album right after its release. Otherwise, it think it would be smart to release at least something if this theory that there will be no new concerts until summer 2021.
The world will soon return to "everyday life" but with possible restrictions, music industry can't just rely on touring in the next year or so. Only other income (however smaller it is) is new material with acompanying merchendise.
Also, in Maiden's case, there was a 6 months gap between release of their last two albums and properly touring them.

Until a vaccine isn't available there is no place for major entertainment (sports and music) events to take place with crowds. From what I know, the progress in the development of a vaccine for covid is been faster than typical cases. An optimistic scenario would be by the end of this year. Guess we will have a normal life in sports and live music only by late 2021.

Hi folks!

Tried to search, but to make it sure... Was there actually some kind of confirmation by Adrian that the album is indeed recorded, or was it something like his wife of guitar tech hinting towards that or..?

Hi folks!

Tried to search, but to make it sure... Was there actually some kind of confirmation by Adrian that the album is indeed recorded, or was it something like his wife of guitar tech hinting towards that or..?

I did read it a source that his guitar tech did confirm a new album was done ,that came from someone that knows his tech personally

Hi folks!

The evidence is pretty extensive. Summarised here:

The evidence is pretty extensive. Summarised here:

Yeah! I was just looking for some straightforward and undeniable band member quote for a fellow fan, who isn't too convinced about The Album #17 being more or less done. :D

Regardless, that's a great summary there - Thanks!

That is a brilliant summary. Of course what we didn't know back then is that Bruce probably was living in Paris already at that stage which explain why he was photographed so often there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back