Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTHER of Mercy, please forgive the heretics on this forum who disparage you. All around here is death and cruelty. I'm just a lonely Maiden fan fighting in a bloody hopeless forum war. Some says it's a lost cause. I'll die a lonely forum death, of that I'm certain of.

I actually like the rest of the song other than the chours, some of the grammar in the lyrics, and that part I mentioned above.

It's my least favourite on the album but way better than my least favourite on loads of other Maiden albums.

I would call Mother Of Mercy a contender for the reunion’s worst song, alongside OOTS and AOI, but there’s a lot I do like from it. The chorus isn’t actually bad, the melodies are pretty cool, the guitar bits sound good, and the “I’m a soldier of war!” piece is strong. But the lyrics and the verses have to be some of the most pedestrian things I’ve ever heard, and I can’t listen to the song much because it drives me insane. After an album like AMOLAD, you’d have thought they’d be prepared for a song like this, but no. The “I don’t hold with bad religion” pre-chorus is one Maiden’s dumbest stanzas. Also the vocals on the song are weak so that only helps sink matters.

I love the story Mother of Mercy tells. It’s the philosophical musings of a mercenary soldier who’s seen massive amounts of death and destruction (while profiting off of it), which has damaged his soul. I love the lyrics, some of Maiden’s best, in my opinion. Lyrically and musically this songs tells a powerful tale. I love it. Probably a top 20 Maiden song for me.

Is it possible for Maiden to top the LOTB tour stage design for the next album tour? It will depends what will be the album cover, but it seems impossible. But they always surprises us, so....

This whole stripped down idea goes along with a theory I posted (over a year ago, on page 109 in this very thread) that goes like this:
Iron Maiden=X Factor
Killers=VXI
NoTB=Brave New World
POM=Dance of Death
Powerslave=AMOLAD
Somewhere in Time=The Final Frontier
Seventh Son=Book of Souls
No Prayer=Album #17

This whole stripped down idea goes along with a theory I posted (over a year ago, on page 109 in this very thread) that goes like this:
Iron Maiden=X Factor
Killers=VXI
NoTB=Brave New World
POM=Dance of Death
Powerslave=AMOLAD
Somewhere in Time=The Final Frontier
Seventh Son=Book of Souls
No Prayer=Album #17

Works nicely, only problem is POM = DOD, and what about albums 18, 19, 20 etc. ;)

So…according to that theory:

1. One of the three amigos have to leave / because…"well…he said that he was at 90% and we need everyone at 200%"
2. the next videoclip we could see Kevin Shirley's ass as we saw Martin Birch in Holy smoke
3. 3 months at the begining of the year with Kevin Shirley to discuss if they come back to that Essex barn to record the new album.

Stage design for the BoS tour was great. Imo, stage 'walls' art (stonewall backdrops with mayan symbols) was ten times better than on the LOTB tour. It looked more realistic and gave impression of real 3D wall. LOTB stage backdrops to me looks cheap and bleak.

Last edited:
Stage design for the BoS tour was great. Imo, stage 'walls' art (stonewall backdrops with mayan symbols) was ten times better than on the LOTB tour. It looked more realistic and gave impression of real 3D wall. LOTB stage backdrops to me looks cheap and bleak.

tallinn-im--55112.jpg

Definitely looks cheap and bleak... NOT

My complaint was only about stage ramps backdrops-curtains. My english is not good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back