Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Age of Innocence is bad lyrics and some shoddy vocal melodies, but has some catchy parts and I appreciate them trying new things. Gates of Tomorrow crosses the line into annoying, although it has a nice pre chorus.

Gates of Tomorrow has some incredibly pretty sounding guitars parts and some good melodies here and there, but on the whole it's incredibly forgettable. Age of Innocence is just kind of blah outside of the harmony section, honestly. The lyrics in particular are just miserably dumb and poor.

AMOLAD is my pick for the biggest difference in quality between songs. On the one hand, nine of its songs are great to awesome, with FTGGOG and The Legacy being some of my favorite Maiden tracks. But then, halfway through the album, there’s Out Of The Shadows, which is a contender for the worst reunion song and completely messes up the flow of an otherwise great record.

Although Age Of Innocence and Mother Of Mercy aren’t much better....

Also Gates is awesome.

Didnt know Age Of Innocence wasnt that well received its way better than New Frontier thats just a song that does nothing why Nicko isnt a song writer haha

AMOLAD is my pick for the biggest difference in quality between songs.

This is curious, for me it's quite the opposite. It is the most regular album alongside SIT. I rate all of its songs within a same narrow range (8-8.5). The most irregular ones are TFF and X-Factor. IMO, the former has an all-time top 20 song (When the Wild Wind Blows) and some of the worst reunion era songs. While the latter goes well only until the 6th track.

Im really happy to know that maybe we will have a new iron maiden album this year.

Btw the worst post reunion album for me is DOD.I dont like the 80% of the album,maybe dance of death,paschendale...

When I first listened to it (Mother of Mercy), I thought "this song is truly great"... and then came the chorus. :( There should be a clause to let Bruce and/or Adrian (i.e a real singer) write the choruses to Steve Harris's songs.

I don’t get that complaint. I love the chorus. It’s powerful and impactful how Bruce drops the hammer on “Mother”. It’s a really emotional song with incredible lyrics. One of my favorite Maiden songs. Each to his own..

Bruce can't even sing it properly and there's really obvious, poorly done cuts on every line where they had to do retakes and go line by line. Hell, it even sounds a bit like one of the lines has autotune on it to boot. It's terrible and I have no idea how it made the album as is.

Bruce can't even sing it properly and there's really obvious, poorly done cuts on every line where they had to do retakes and go line by line. Hell, it even sounds a bit like one of the lines has autotune on it to boot. It's terrible and I have no idea how it made the album as is.

I like to imagine it was suggested to play it live by Steve and Bruce just axed that idea immediately. Then again, Bruce did okay the playing of TRaTB for both years of the Book of Souls Tour.

Why is it Steve's fault that Bruce decided to sing in an octave at the edge of his abilities?

Also, while we're sticking the boot into Mother of Mercy, I really hate at the dead stop parts after "I'm a soldier of war" that all 3 guitars have different reverbs and delays all decaying at different rates.

Reactions: Jer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back