Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Maiden will write a song about Eddie :confused:

I certainly hope they won't... :D

And I don't really see or hope them to make a concept album. There might be a strong thematic connection between several songs, as it was with some of the previous albums, but I don't see them going even as far as they did with Seventh Son - which wasn't slavishly following it's own concept either, and I'm pretty okay with that. Naturally, I wouldn't actually be against it if they decided to make a concept album, but I don't think they will. That all being said, I'm pretty positive about the album having it's own, very distinctive vibe and a little visual world of it's own, as usual. :)

I certainly hope they won't... :D

Ohhh, why not :lol: HammerFall already have a song for their talisman Hector - it is called Hector's Hymn on their 2014 album.
And I don't really see or hope them to make a concept album. There might be a strong thematic connection between several songs, as it was with some of the previous albums, but I don't see them going even as far as they did with Seventh Son - which wasn't slavishly following it's own concept either, and I'm pretty okay with that. Naturally, I wouldn't actually be against it if they decided to make a concept album, but I don't think they will. That all being said, I'm pretty positive about the album having it's own, very distinctive vibe and a little visual world of it's own, as usual. :)

If they release a concept album which will reach the level of greatness and creative ideas like SSOASS, I'm in for it. :)

I would be surprised if they didn't go "back to the roots" one last time on the forthcoming album.

I believe they WILL go back to their roots. It is time:

Iron Maiden-X Factor (1st album with a singer that is not Bruce)
Killers-VXI (maligned 2nd album, unfairly under-rated)
Number of the Beast-Brave New World (first with Bruce, chock full of classics)
Piece of Mind-Dance of Death (some of the strongest songs of the era, some cringy filler)
Powerslave-AMOLAD ("masterpiece of the era")
Somewhere in Time-Final Frontier (dude, it's like in space or something)
Seventh Son-Book of Souls (a bit of a concept album, if you squint)
No Prayer for the Dying - ???? (back to their roots)
Fear of the Dark - ???? (the end)

Well i'm not against a more stripped down album, i welcome it. No more 10 minute songs just some really good rockers. Let's hope it turns out better than NPFTD if they decide to do it

I don't expect, or wish, them to make that kind of album, but I also guess that there will be a bit more 4-6 minute songs this time, in contrast to a couple of more bloated ones. While not necessarily that many rainmakers or deathorglorys, there might be a handful of songs like The Great Unknown, El Dorado or Tears of a Clown on the mix. I'd welcome a good quality high-tempo rocker too though! But I'm pretty positive about them being able to keep their longer songs impressive enough anyway.

I don’t see how the horrible NPFTD is “back to the roots”, back to the roots would be something like killers or TNOFTB. Silly rock songs like “hooks in you”, “bring your daughter”, “holy smoke” and so on were never maiden’s roots. Anyway there’s zero chance they will ever make an album like that horrible NPFTD/FOTD phase of their career.

Well, I like the tradition of Maiden to put at least one epic on their albums - hope that to continue, and usually it always have a song solely written by Steve and almost every time is the epic and that has become a tradition too. Only Mother Russia is 5 minutes long on NPFTD, the other songs are 4 minutes, but I think Maiden will not do again so simple album with only short rockers - these type of songs can be found on FOTD album too ! In the end, I think the traditional Steve epic is sure.

Edit: Also, a recent tradition of Maiden has become to put one song which starts with acoustic guitar and it is usually played by Janick.

Last edited:
I don’t see how the horrible NPFTD is “back to the roots”, back to the roots would be something like killers or TNOFTB. Silly rock songs like “hooks in you”, “bring your daughter”, “holy smoke” and so on were never maiden’s roots. Anyway there’s zero chance they will ever make an album like that horrible NPFTD/FOTD phase of their career.

You should read the lyrics to Prowler.

Piece of Mind-Dance of Death (some of the strongest songs of the era, some cringy filler)
Yeah but Adrian will be in the band, so their next album will be on a new level compared to NPFTD.

The only one that really lines up for me is Somewhere in Time and The Final Frontier. Book of Souls has more in common with Powerslave than anything else. Both heavily rely on strengths of the opening and closing tracks, both have epic closers. Also the whole pyramid/ancient civilisation theme in the artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back