Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nitpicking a bit as I rate both TRATB and FTGGOG as probably 7 or 8's out of 1o, but the reason I rate FTGGOG as Steve's worst epic is I don't like the childhood's end style rhythm of the main verse or the fact you get 3 verses back to back and Dave Murray plays the most "phoned in" solo of his career.

When I say Steve's epics I really mean the one track per album that it's obvious he rates it as his best work on the album, and I'd disagree that FTGGOG pisses on any of the tracks from that time period, bar Mother Russia which is only borderline on even being considered in this category.

FOTD, great
SOTC, great
Clansman, great
Blood Brothers, great
No More Lies, ok this one is a love it or hate it, but I rate it as great
WTWWB, great

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I think FTGGOG is better than most of those songs, the only exceptions being FOTD and, perhaps, SOTC.

That's your opinion mate, AMOLAD is a superb album and Maiden even play it live in full, which says a lot !

Does it really!!??

I think deep inside we all know that AMOLAD is good but not that good!!

'The Pilgrim' is pretty poor by Maiden's standards.

1dxet4.jpg

Ohhh, I love this song ! The melody is very good and interesting. Janick did a great job here, and The Pilgrim or The Legacy were the two songs that has been considerate to be the title tracks for the album, Janick and Nicko was said that ! A great short song by any means, for me ! I would love it if they gonna play it live once again :)

I wouldn't cut anything off of AMOLAD, but I do agree The Pilgrim is a bit of a mess. Not enough to ruin the song, but it feels a bit wonky structurally. I'm mostly curious about the statements made around that time that suggest Janick may have written most of his tracks on that album by himself (including the lyrics) and how it relates to both the songs being a little different from what his compositions on the previous albums and indeed the following ones sounded like.

I wouldn't cut anything off of AMOLAD, but I do agree The Pilgrim is a bit of a mess. Not enough to ruin the song, but it feels a bit wonky structurally. I'm mostly curious about the statements made around that time that suggest Janick may have written most of his tracks on that album by himself (including the lyrics) and how it relates to both the songs being a little different from what his compositions on the previous albums and indeed the following ones sounded like.

I wouldn't think that this is the case. I am almost certain that Steve had also a lot to do with these songs. I think there is this part, in the AMOLAD making of documentary, where Steve is actually helping Janick with the way The Legacy is structured. But then again I've been wrong before...

Really? I've never had a problem with the Pilgrim structurally, I always thought it flowed quite well.

I dunno, I always kinda felt it was a little disjointed in places. Like the transitions weren't all quite there.

I always wonder why Jancik don't write a song composed all by himself - music and lyrics ! He always writes with Steve as seen on the albums , or he write with Bruce !
From the Death On The Road documentary it seems that Dance Of Death, the song is all written by Janick , and I always wonder about that - what a masterpiece is this song - the whole idea is his - the soft intro with the acoustic guitar, the melody and the story that goes through the lyrics ! I think he is a bloody good song writer :)

I always wonder why Jancik don't write a song composed all by himself - music and lyrics ! He always writes with Steve as seen on the albums , or he write with Bruce !
From the Death On The Road documentary it seems that Dance Of Death, the song is all written by Janick , and I always wonder about that - what a masterpiece is this song - the whole idea is his - the soft intro with the acoustic guitar, the melody and the story that goes through the lyrics ! I think he is a bloody good song writer :)

It's not. The lyrics are written by Steve about a dream he had.

I think that when Janick writes with Steve he is not doing the structuring of the songs. Steve is the one that edits/adds the structure of the songs. And since Steve is not doing very well with his structuring lately, we end up with songs with great riffs and melodies - that otherwise would be classics - but really repetitive and long.

I'm not being bad, but I hope Maiden don't release another studio album, because TBOS was truly outstanding. And how would they top 'Empire of the Clouds' anyway? I think they should call it quits soon as TBOS is a fantastic album to bow out with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back