Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not being bad, but I hope Maiden don't release another studio album, because TBOS was truly outstanding. And how would they top 'Empire of the Clouds' anyway? I think they should call it quits soon as TBOS is a fantastic album to bow out with.
The last word on the album is "France". Just think about that for a second.

5 more albums just isn't possible at this stage of their career. One is pretty much for sure, two is possible, 3 is the absolute most optimistic outcome there is, and even that is highly unlikely.

At least 5, depends on the health of the band of course.

happy-smiley30.gif

How many more studio albums do you think we'll see? If this is to be the last I hope they go out with a bang

I'd rather no more tours and an album a year going forward, not because I dislike tours, far from it, but I'll still be able to listen to the albums when alzheimers means I won't be able to remember the tours.

But I suspect the next album will probably be the last.

Totally expect the next to be the last. In a very hypothetical world, I would take a tour every year for the next few years over a new ablum or two, if they were mutually exclusive. Maiden have a good, tasty recorded legacy which I will be listenin to till my death (I assume) but Id trade it all for seein them live 10 more times.
Plus, the gig in Madrid with Gojira and Sabaton is the day before my birthday. I deserve to be there. So my Mammy says.

5 more albums just isn't possible at this stage of their career. One is pretty much for sure, two is possible, 3 is the absolute most optimistic outcome there is, and even that is highly unlikely.

Whatever. People have been saying it was the last album since 2000. 18 years ago!

Spring chickens compared to the stones who are still touring.

True but I dont think this argument works. Different bands, different stage craft. Jagger can always wear a coat and look cool. Bruce cant always run from side to side each night as he approaches 70. I dont think age will stop most of them playin music but I do think that it will stop them playin in Maiden. But I reckon theres 5 years in them, at least. Plus, Nicko out, Lars in

It’s all about maintaining a high level of fitness.

Jagger is actually very active physically on stage. And he can still run at 74, he’s practically superhuman.

Not fair to say the other stones just stand there either just because they don’t play metal.

The average set list they play is longer than Maiden too, an average of 22 songs a night.

People were saying maiden wouldn’t be able to play live at by 60 but they are still performing well. As are peers such as Metallica who play for much longer.

So it’s up to maiden. I’d say at least 3 albums anyway if they want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back