Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pure leg at not releasing anything solo in many years!!
i hope maiden are in the studio in france right now as we speak so that they can tour new material next year in the US!!
They aren't. Bruce has book dates next week and Nicko was drumming in Florida this weekend. The earliest time they can enter the studio is at the beginning of the new year.

There are rumors afoot on the IMFC forum that they actually have a new album roughly half-completed. Believe what you will, but a few folks on that forum do know members of the extended Maiden family personally.

There are rumors afoot on the IMFC forum that they actually have a new album roughly half-completed. Believe what you will, but a few folks on that forum do know members of the extended Maiden family personally.

I'd say they have the new album written. They still need to record it.

It is worth noting that for the Dance of Death tour cycle, I'm pretty sure Give Me Ed tour dates came out before they went into the studio. The recording didn't begin until early 2003. It might be a similar situation here, despite the tour already having a theme.

I could also see them doing an EP, lots of Metal bands have been doing EPs of leftover material lately.

I think it's highly plausible if it's true that there was material leftover from The Book of Souls.

It'd certainly be an interesting twist. They could even include a new song in the set if they did that. But I dunno, they've never done that before and it seems like they're perfectly happy with the album-tour release model. It'd be really cool if it happened though.

@national acrobat and I know Paul Di'Anno's son, he hasn't said anything about this.

I'd say they have the new album written. They still need to record it.
It would be great but I don't believe there's any solid evidence. If true, though, that would mean that the songs/ideas will get some time to mature. I hope that a TBoS-style improvised writing session is not happening this time...

I can't see Maiden recording an EP of new material. I think I read Harris saying he doesn't like the idea and it wouldn't make sense at this point of their career. Those guys can write an album in a couple of months.

They could even include a new song in the set if they did that. But I dunno, they've never done that before

They did exactly that before Dance of Death (Wildest Dreams) and The Final Frontier (El Dorado) on the Give Me 'Ed and The Final Frontier Tours (leg 1), respectively.

I would have thought a standalone EP, as opposed to a single from a forthcoming album, would be a very expensive venture for Maiden.

They did exactly that before Dance of Death (Wildest Dreams) and The Final Frontier (El Dorado) on the Give Me 'Ed and The Final Frontier Tours (leg 1), respectively.
I meant that they've never done an EP of new material before.

I think the Book of souls is a superb album so if they want to write a new one using the same formula then it’s a thumbs up from me.

In my view, with a handful of exceptions (If Eternity Should Fail, The Great Unknown, The Book Of Souls and Empire Of The Clouds), the album is somehow "Maiden by the numbers". It does not come remotely close to the overall quality of neither Brave New World, nor A Matter Of Life And Death, the latter being truly brilliant and the pinnacle not only of the reunion era, but also of the style that debuted with The X Factor.

Well, for me it is simply much better than anything they did since 7th son of a 7h son. I want to be wrong, but I doubt their next album will be better than TBoS.

In my view, with a handful of exceptions (If Eternity Should Fail, The Great Unknown, The Book Of Souls and Empire Of The Clouds), the album is somehow "Maiden by the numbers". It does not come remotely close to the overall quality of neither Brave New World, nor A Matter Of Life And Death, the latter being truly brilliant and the pinnacle not only of the reunion era, but also of the style that debuted with The X Factor.
Hmmm. Really interesting that you suggest that almost half the album's runtime is original, but the rest is Maiden by the numbers - when there are also a huge amount of people complaining that Maiden needs to do more "by the numbers".

Seriously, you constantly see people wishing Maiden would put out more short tracks. This time they tossed out four songs in the sub-six minute range, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back