Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the future is incredibly vague though. He could be talking about tentative plans to enter the studio late next year, or hell, even late 2019 or something for all we know. This stuff's planned out way in advance so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he already has an idea when Maiden will be recording, even if it isn't anytime soon.

Pretty sure there will be a new best of album before a new studio album. Just before the summer tour next year

Guys, the more I read you, the more I'm depressed. I just can't get, though, why Rod (as he seems to be the one to blame for some of you) would prevent Maiden from recording a new album now. I know the record industry is not that flourishing anymore, but Maiden is not really impacted. Their sales are high and if Steve and Bruce want to release new music (and they want), why not doing it ? The only option I would see is that they have decided that the next one would be their lastest, and that have planned eveything (best of tour, album tour, retirement tour) according to this option.

Guys, the more I read you, the more I'm depressed. I just can't get, though, why Rod (as he seems to be the one to blame for some of you) would prevent Maiden from recording a new album now. I know the record industry is not that flourishing anymore, but Maiden is not really impacted. Their sales are high and if Steve and Bruce want to release new music (and they want), why not doing it ? The only option I would see is that they have decided that the next one would be their lastest, and that have planned eveything (best of tour, album tour, retirement tour) according to this option.

I think you might be right about the next album being the last studio album in their career. Unless they use any available time between touring to write and record an album, we might be looking at new stuff released in 2020, which considering the age of the band members, it is a bit of a risk.

Touring makes money, releasing albums doesn't. It's that simple. With streaming and piracy being so commonplace, nobody's really making money off of new music and sales of new albums are a fraction of what they used to be. That's probably why people are assuming going on a profitable hits tour right now was a business-minded move.

I think next album will be their last studio album. We all know what Nicko said about drumming after 70. And be honest, Bruce can not sing forever. I think we will see 2 more tours + farewell tour. LOTB, new album tour and farewell tour.
In Maiden case farewell tour will be FAREWELL, not like KISS and bands like that. Maiden farewell tour could be 3 years long. I hope they will play at least 1 concert in every country they played in their concert history. That would be very honest.
Their last concert, maybe 2, should be played at London Olympic stadium (West Ham United plays there, concert capacity 80.000) which is just 1, 5 miles walking distance from Cart & Horses where they started. They could play 90 minutes, than 20 minutes break, than another 60 or 90 minutes. That way they could play bunch of songs on their last concert. That would be great event. Fans from all over the world would come to that gig.

Last edited:
In the future is incredibly vague though. He could be talking about tentative plans to enter the studio late next year, or hell, even late 2019 or something for all we know. This stuff's planned out way in advance so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he already has an idea when Maiden will be recording, even if it isn't anytime soon.

Yeah "we have studio plans in the future" means Maiden will record at least one more studio album and I'll produce it. It was in the context of continuing the work relationship after he wasn't summoned to produce TBOS:LC.

I don't think it's safe to deduce anything more from Shirley interview.

It does, but certainly not as much as on touring

Touring makes them rich and relevant but keep in mind that in one Croatia of 4 million people they sold about half a million euros of TBOS CDs. Keep in mind that if their contracts with industry turn to be one-sided, it will be in Maiden's favour, not reverse, which is the norm of today.

Edit : hypothesizing a bit, but if they split CD earnings on 10 even parts, each part would be an awesome yearly paycheck by EU standards (about 70k) just from the Balkans alone.

Of course it's a bit disappointing if they won't release a new album until 2020. But if that's what we get I'll take it. They don't have to do anything. If they want to tour the 80's they could do it for 10 years before people lose interest. It's not like Maiden haven't proven over and over again that they are still relevant and able to make new music which is great.

If I could decide I'd take a new album next year instead of a LOTB tour. If the guys feel like waiting a few years before making a new album, so be it.

Regarding Shirleys comments he sounds like he has been asked to produce the next Maiden album. If they are doing one he knows when.

I think next album will be their last studio album. We all know what Nicko said about drumming after 70. And be honest, Bruce can not sing forever. I think we will see 2 more tours + farewell tour. LOTB, new album tour and farewell tour.
In Maiden case farewell tour will be FAREWELL, not like KISS and bands like that. Maiden farewell tour could be 3 years long. I hope they will play at least 1 concert in every country they played in their concert history. That would be very honest.
Their last concert, maybe 2, should be played at London Olympic stadium (West Ham United plays there, concert capacity 80.000) which is just 1, 5 miles walking distance from Cart & Horses where they started. They could play 90 minutes, than 20 minutes break, than another 60 or 90 minutes. That way they could play bunch of songs on their last concert. That would be great event. Fans from all over the world would come to that gig.

It won't be farewell tour. It will be something like the Rush R40. It will be a greatest hits tour and there will be talk among fans that it's probably the last one. But no one will say it loud, because if you do that, you close all the doors about performing, including one-off gigs.

I almost cried reading this and I'm serious.

What a fatalistic bunch we are.
So now it’s just about the money?
For me it's not about the money, it's about time, which is ticking. Nicko has arthritis, which is a potential ticking time bomb. Steve has back problems. We don't know for how many more years Bruce's voice will last on such a high level. Etc...

I want as many Maiden new songs as posible until they call it quits. As Eddie Casillas said: World needs Iron Maiden and I personally would like to hear as many new songs as possible before the fateful day of retirement comes, because with that they leave something behind for years to come. They haven't released a sub par song since Dance Of Death IMHO, so I want more of amazing albums. Even if that means that songs like Infinite Dreams, Killers or Die With Your Boots On will never see the stage again.

Look at The Stones & Mcartney, Maiden are practically young men in comparison and have stacks of time on their side. They are nowhere near the end, be realistic.

I didn't know about Steve's back problem. I'm, sad to say, but that's one more reason for retirement.
Those problems are now gone. He has suffered a lot during the early 2000s, to the point he had to stop playing football on a very regular basis. But it is now solved, because he adapted (for instance, he carries his bass a bit higher than in the 80s) and also thanks to his living in a hotter country (yes, I know, "tax exile", but not only). He has given a lot of interviews in recent months, and he said many times he does not intend to retire. After all, he launched a second band to have something to do when Maiden retires.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back