Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant that they've never done an EP of new material before.
Apart from The Soundhouse Tapes (one might argue it is rather a single though). :D

I don't think that a band as conservative (and successful) as IM would do it anyway. But they did release a double album for the first time not long ago so they are technically able to suprise. Is there an accountant specialized in the music business on this board? Their opinion could be enlightening.

Hmmm. Really interesting that you suggest that almost half the album's runtime is original, but the rest is Maiden by the numbers - when there are also a huge amount of people complaining that Maiden needs to do more "by the numbers".

Seriously, you constantly see people wishing Maiden would put out more short tracks. This time they tossed out four songs in the sub-six minute range, too.

By "Maiden by the numbers" formula I had in mind songs that are not stand outs or are simply uninspired, not shorter tracks. I know that this time they managed to come up with more songs under the 6 minutes mark, but quality wise, could Speed Of Light/When The River Runs Deep/Death Or Glory/Tears Of The Clown really stand against Be Quick Or Be Dead/Man On The Edge/Futureal/The Wicker Man or Rainmaker, just to name a few of their amazing post 1988 short tracks?

Anyway, I am disheartened that the LOTB tour seems to have pushed a new material to 2019 at the earliest...I hope that I am dead wrong on this, but I just can't see them realistically fit all in for a Fall 2018 release.

^ the vinyl 3 (e.g. sides 5/6) of TBOS is completely untypical and awesome.

By "Maiden by the numbers" formula I had in mind songs that are not stand outs or are simply uninspired, not shorter tracks. I know that this time they managed to come up with more songs under the 6 minutes mark, but quality wise, could Speed Of Light/When The River Runs Deep/Death Or Glory/Tears Of The Clown really stand against Be Quick Or Be Dead/Man On The Edge/Futureal/The Wicker Man or Rainmaker, just to name a few of their amazing post 1988 short tracks?

Anyway, I am disheartened that the LOTB tour seems to have pushed a new material to 2019 at the earliest...I hope that I am dead wrong on this, but I just can't see them realistically fit all in for a Fall 2018 release.

I couldn’t disagree with you more about the book of souls. It may be many things but Maiden by numbers is the last thing I would ever label this album. It’s all good and interesting hearing other people’s opinions as it does fascinate me how fans of the same music, same band can hear completely different things.

I’m not dissing your opinion, if that’s how you feel then that’s how you feel. To me speed of light is second only to the wicker man as the best short ish pure rocker the band have done since the reunion and it could easily stand up to the likes of bequick or be dead, hell even the trooper. It’s better than man on the edge and as good as futureal too.

Death or glory is a fantastic rocker too with a light hearted chorus and a very catchy groovy vibe to it. I could go on but for me I would rate the reunion albums as follows in list of best to worst:

1. A matter of life and death
2. Brave new world
3. Book of Souls
4. Dance of death
5. Final frontier

Looks like we agree that AMOLAD and BNW are better than BOS but even with the final frontier being my least favourite reunion album doesn’t make it a stinker just the one I like least. If it was released by any other band it would probably be a 9/10 easily. So with BOS I love it and the only 2 reunion albums above just happen to be two of the finest albums in the bands entire catalogue.

New song played for the South American leg, I dream it yesterday so it must be true. #theclairvoyant
Dream clairvoyance? I already got two of these, pick one: either they play a new song but the rest of the set is unimaginably 80s and they basically play no reunion era tracks, or then they play a few 80s rarities and a few choice reunion era tracks but mostly just the usual suspects.

I legit had these dreams on consecutive nights so it obviously means something!

Dream clairvoyance? I already got two of these, pick one: either they play a new song but the rest of the set is unimaginably 80s and they basically play no reunion era tracks, or then they play a few 80s rarities and a few choice reunion era tracks but mostly just the usual suspects.

I legit had these dreams on consecutive nights so it obviously means something!
I pick the second one, we sound like girls moaning but Alexander the Great MUST be played

The problem with maiden playing an epic is it’s takes a chunk out the set list when they only play 15 songs.

If it was Metallica and played for 2.5 hours it wouldn’t be an issue.

The problem with maiden playing an epic is it’s takes a chunk out the set list when they only play 15 songs.

If it was Metallica and played for 2.5 hours it wouldn’t be an issue.

Not a problem if the epic is...epic , like Mariner. The "problem" arises when that chunk of precious concert time is wasted. (the red and the black.)

Not a problem if the epic is...epic , like Mariner. The "problem" arises when that chunk of precious concert time is wasted. (the red and the black.)
Word. Id say most, if not all of my Top 10 Maiden tunes are 6mins + easy.
I was glad to see TRATB live and the instrumental section is one of the best things I've seen them play live but I don't want to ever see it again due to its length. There's several other 10min+ songs that are far more worthy of a place in the set. I missed the SBiT tour and thought I'd never see Powerdave live but thankfully I did. Now I demand that they play Rime to ease my 2008 regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back