Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were either Beckett-things (Nomad Or Hallowed Be Thy Name) ever talked earlier than 2010?
I don't remember seeing any mention or talk of this when Brave New World was released in 2000 and nobody (that I knew) didn't know any Beckett.
I think I found this whole thing first when I browsed this forum almost decade ago:

Not sure if they were talked here or not.

The fact that Steve had mentioned several times over the years that Beckett's album is one of his all time favourites got me interested in the band. It took me a while to find a CD copy and I finally was able to buy one from an online store (The Freak Emporium) in 2005. I quite liked the album but could not help feeling quite disappointed after finding out about the obvious similarities - to put it mildly - between some Maiden songs and Beckett's.

Last edited:
Maybe the single indeed will be released on 15/07 (regardless of the stories with the album covers)... it's the date on the poster after all.

Or they can do like for TBOS -> album announcement on 15/07, single out in August, album out in September.
They nefer released the single immediately... So I doubt it...

I'm picking the 15th will be the announcement but no single release. That will happen most likely on the 19th to coincide with the album a day thing they are doing updating the playlist.
I believe in that. Makes sense

Last edited:
Were either Beckett-things (Nomad Or Hallowed Be Thy Name) ever talked earlier than 2010?
I don't remember seeing any mention or talk of this when Brave New World was released in 2000 and nobody (that I knew) didn't know any Beckett.
I think I found this whole thing first when I browsed this forum almost decade ago:

I doubt it very much, no one would have heard of Beckett bar a few lads in the 70s, so until the advent of youtube no one would have heard of them to make the connection. I remember hearing Life's Shadow when it was posted on a forum, probably the official forum, but might have been here, and I can't remember exactly when but it was a long time after Nomad came out.

On 8 June, the album artwork, release date, and track listing were revealed, along with a free download of the track "El Dorado."

Never a track before at least a playlist of the new album since the reunion...
January 30 was when they first announced the title of the album tho "expecting a release in the summer"

If this is their last album, maybe Maiden has something special, different and untypical planned for the release and as a result, we might get it sooner than we think.

Also, the SSOASS listening party is on the same day that a new post with the same album art is scheduled to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back